A good TA is worth their weight in .....

gwain6

I noticed that the price of my suite on my next cruise had dropped by around USD2,000 the other day, sent an email to my TA and then when I woke up the next morning, I had received the discount. Can't ask for more!

She has also been great with getting me information on the cruise as things change, ie re-routing, excursions, etc.

My original TA was not able to provide any help or advice and was not the most personable either.

Secretary's Day exists, why not TA's Day :)

Thank you to all the great TA's out there

I noticed that the price of my suite on my next cruise had dropped by around USD2,000 the other day, sent an email to my TA and then when I woke up the next morning, I had received the discount. Can't ask for more!

She has also been great with getting me information on the cruise as things change, ie re-routing, excursions, etc.

My original TA was not able to provide any help or advice and was not the most personable either.

Secretary's Day exists, why not TA's Day :)

Thank you to all the great TA's out there

You are correct about TA's. Your blog is great.

You were also correct about the wines you tasted and enjoyed at the pairing.

These days. this is the only way to really afford to taste those winning wines....especially along with Jonathan's food. We experienced his talent and he sure knows what he's doing.

Actually a great TA would notice the price drop before you do and would get it applied without you even having to call. I switched TA's because I would find out about price decreases or other changes and would have to call the TA to find out if they could get it applied. Now I don't even have to pay attention to this stuff unless I just want to.

Also sometimes an apparent price drop is not as good as it appears because other things, like OBCs, included air or hotel, transfers, etc. change too. A good TA figures out what is the best deal for your situation.

Actually a great TA would notice the price drop before you do and would get it applied without you even having to call. I switched TA's because I would find out about price decreases or other changes and would have to call the TA to find out if they could get it applied. Now I don't even have to pay attention to this stuff unless I just want to.

Also sometimes an apparent price drop is not as good as it appears because other things, like OBCs, included air or hotel, transfers, etc. change too. A good TA figures out what is the best deal for your situation.

I went through quite a few TA's before I found my current TA. He worth his weight in gold with the exceptional service and extra perks!

Great posting! Thanks to all the wonderful TAs out there.

RachelG and I use the same TA and I couldn't agree more, she's made us aware of things before I heard or read a thing...and I do try to keep on top of things myself.

I'm also thankful for all the helpful advice shared here in the CC community, such a valuable travel forum.

Actually a great TA would notice the price drop before you do and would get it applied without you even having to call.

I guess after the poor service I received from my previous TA I am easily pleased :D Will watch out for any downsides, but this time the only change was the price.

Thanks for checking out my blog, two more posts to complete the cruise. Did not realise how much effort goes into one of them. Will be better prepared for my next cruise. Also, going to give blogging about my wine tastings I do off ship.

Agree with you Responder, getting to at least taste a great wine these days is becoming more difficult, especially when you live in a place like Singapore where everything is imported and there is a large expat community that also likes wine, drives up the prices.

I totally agree that a great TA is worth their weight in gold.

Like all professionals, all TA's are not the same so the key is to find a TA who works hard to earn their business and is knowledgeable, organized and on top of things, is savvy and also one that you can have a strong working relationship with.

They are out there and the key is to do the research to find one.

Keith

As noted above, there are times when there appears to be a price drop when actually something has been removed from the package (airfare for instance). A good TA checks this out for their customers. IMO, a good TA has sailed on all or most of the luxury cruise lines so they are able to make recommendations based on experience. Generally speaking, I find a TA that is excellent in booking air and non-cruise travel and occasionally books a cruise is not the right TA -- the focus of the agency or person needs to be on cruising.

Staying with a beloved TA that you have used for years isn't always the right thing to do for you (but very nice). Our last TA belonged to a consortium. She was lovely, had lots of credentials but had never stepped foot on any luxury cruise line. She was nice but couldn't really help much with Regent questions. I understand not wanting to leave a TA that you have used for a long time. Our TA's mother was sick for a year and we just couldn't leave her. We waited until her mother passed away - plus a few months and changed TA's. It was the best decision we have made in terms of our travel lives (besides choosing Regent).

Edited by Travelcat2