The last post wins !!!

griz400

Spent over an hour last night on the phone with DD planning our upcoming cruise with so many, many days to go.

BF at his desk, me on the couch, both of us with Bermuda showing on google maps. He had our travel guide, I had CC open.

We did some planning last night, too.

I bring the stuff with me to work everyday to squeeze in planning, but it's really hard because I have to everything requiring internet on my cell phone. The internet filters here are insanely strict. They micromanage like crazy and it drives me up the walls after my previous job, where I could do whatever as long as my actual work was done and the phone was quiet.

Just wondering. Does anyone else still get just as excited for their next cruise as they did for their first?? I do. It never gets old. Plus we have the internet and cruise critic now that didn't exist back in 1986 when I took my first cruise. I love cruising, but I also love planning for the cruise. My family thinks I'm obsessed but in the end they love the research and information that I share.

Just wondering. Does anyone else still get just as excited for their next cruise as they did for their first?? I do. It never gets old. Plus we have the internet and cruise critic now that didn't exist back in 1986 when I took my first cruise. I love cruising, but I also love planning for the cruise. My family thinks I'm obsessed but in the end they love the research and information that I share.

I get so excited before each cruise. The day before and morning of the cruise are the worst. The day before goes by sooo slow!! It's worse than Christmas Eve when I was a kid!

YES, I sure DO get just as excited before every cruise, just like it's my first.

In fact, I've been on the same exact cruise to the same exact ports 4x's. And I still get just as excited as the first time.

In august on our most recent trip to Alaska I was just as excited as the first. And in spite of the fact that I'm in my mid 50's, I still giggled while waiting in line to board the ship. I still posed with a huge big grin for the embarkation photo.

And I still looked in awe and wonderment with my first steps boarding onto the ship, as if I had never set foot on her before!!!!! ha!

My excitement for the next cruise comes from the fact that we are 4 gals travelling together for our annual getaway. Every other year we have gone to Las Vegas. I am the only one of us that has cruised before, and since I am the organizer there is a certain amount of stress included in the excitement.

We are doing a 4 night cruise on the Sky and I am hoping that this cruise will be the first of many for the four of us! Doesn't hurt that I managed to snag an Owners Suite:)

What a great thread to find on a morning that I am really needing my cruise fix. We leave 13 weeks from Friday. Only our 2nd time on NCL, and our first time going out of Texas. Looking forward to seeing Houston again, my husband went to school there, and our 2 oldest were born there. I am really looking forward to seating on by balcony!

I NEED A CRUISE!

Edited by mjp0499

This thread is about posting anything on your mind. (Norwegian of course) :)

I think we need a section for us to release what is troubling us.

Anything goes so keep it clean for the family usage, if you know what I mean.

Your best cruise time, Your worst cruise time, post your favorite picture and tell us about it, your best or worst shore excursion, meal on ship or port, best or worst souvenir, I think we all need 5 minutes of fame because 15 minutes is too long!!! lol .....

This can be fun, we have only 1 cruise so far, but here we go, 2cnd port of call was Cozumel, had a real good time in Grand Cayman, we booked Mr. Sanchos, got off ship, caught a cab, paid what was owed, walked up and got a table, umbrella, 2 chairs at pool, rented a locker, waiter handed us 2 drinks, and walked down into the pool with our 300.00 camera in my pocket (did i mention it wasnt waterproof) .... :(

Best cruise: Western Caribbean on the Dawn. Even though a port was cancelled.

Worst Cruise: Baltic Capitals on the Star. There were more negatives than positives and it was all overshadowed by flight troubles coming and going.

Best Excursion: Helicopter and dog sledding in Alaska. Just the title makes it sound awesome.

Worst excursion: The Hermitage in St Petersburg. We weren't allowed to leave, go outside or take pictures and it was incredibly boring.

Finally stepping onboard and having the first of many Rebellious Fishes. After receiving 18 phone calls from your mother the previous day!

I read your post and said to myself , "what the %$#^$# is a Rebellious Fishes "?

Then i googled Rebellious Fishes and it lookes like a real good drink ...lol ;)

Cruising in 51 days on Breakaway and am such an addict that I'm on NCL and cruise critic daily. Waiting for room assignment with baited breath. I get so excited with the anticipation of my next cruise and at least on here I know I'm not alone with these feelings. Bon voyage to all who sail before me, but hurry up October 26th and then please go slowly for the next week!!

BINGO, That's my Birthday------I win!!!

5 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes until James and I are supposed to be at the port waiting to board. The majority of a full workweek lies between me and the Breakaway right now and I am about ready to set this entire building on fire.

I feel your pain, excited to see the getaway in 5 days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sfdtiller

I feel your pain, excited to see the getaway in 5 days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't even mind that I have to be at work because that's just life. I just happen to strongly dislike my job to the point that I regret taking it and switching from my old job (which I also disliked). Customer service is a horrendous field to be in for any amount of time.

It used to be the excursions but we don't do many of them anymore, mainly because we've been to these ports so many times.

Now it is just being on board, spending most of the time in our cabin. I love sitting on the balcony looking for flying fish.

I don't even mind that I have to be at work because that's just life. I just happen to strongly dislike my job to the point that I regret taking it and switching from my old job (which I also disliked). Customer service is a horrendous field to be in for any amount of time.

Looks like you are about to cruise ---3 days !!!!!;)

Same day out of Tampa, Nov 9th, Cayman island instead of Cozumel, 110.00 pp cheaper than Sun, :confused: They had this clear up to 499.00 pp for an inside room, now in bargain basement .... http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/7-day-western-caribbean-cruise/tampa/pride/7-days/wcw/?numGuests=2&destination=all-destinations&dest=any&datFrom=092014&datTo=042016&embkCode=TPA&dur=D2&Senior=Y&StateCode=FL