Storm's a-brewing

hlb76

Well looks like there might be some action Caribbean Sea just in time for us to board the ship on Monday :(

I'm not overly worried as I know they will do whatever it takes to keep us safe.

Out of curiosity where do you think they would re-route us if we do get some action? I know it all depends on where the storm is so its really a craps shoot. Just wondering what is "common" if there is such a thing.

We are the 5 day Freedom out of FLL - Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk

We got diverted last year. We had the same itinerary and the replace HMC and Nassau with St Thomas and San Juan and we did Grand turk at the end rather than 1st.

They replaced HMC and Nassau with St. Thomas and San Juan?! That is AWESOME! Did you have decent port times?

I was on that same cruise that went to San Juan and St. Thomas and yes the hours were great, and we had no rain at all so even though it was disappointing to me missing Half moon cay we had awesome weather .

I hope its not a repeat this year for me .. going to half moon cay on the 20th ..

Edited by keene state mom

Interesting. Live in S FL and this is the first I heard about these. Been a very quiet season thus far with less than a month to go....knock on wood.

Don't think you have anything to worry about here...especially in the Atlantic. Now with cool fronts starting to dominate and making deeper pushes into the southeast, these storms tend to stay way off shore.

The potential storms to be concerned about this time of year are those in the Gulf.

Either way....wish you luck. We just book the Victory for Nov 1 (recd one of those nice letters on Tuesday) and didn't even think about storms....until now.

As James T Kirk, captain of Star Ship Enterprise once said to Dr. McCoy...

"There's a thing out there."

I believe McCoy's response was: "There's always a thing out there".

If you go to sea you deal with the seas!

I always like rough seas as I get the ship mostly to myself, as most everyone was in bed or hugging the toilet! :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Oct 12 sailing of the Conquest was originally scheduled for Half Moon Bay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Because of Gonzalvo, we were redirected to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya.

There appeared to be some angry cruisers who did not like the itinerary change, and I heard rumors that several hundred decided not to sail. The Conquest did leave late that Sunday evening, and it seemed less crowded than the following week.

Because I was also on the Conquest Oct 19 for a B2B, I got to see these western ports twice, like deja vu all over again.

While I was disappointed I missed Half Moon Bay, I certainly understood Carnival's decision to re-route. I had hoped that we could do Half Moon Bay, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and then Grand Turk, but I guess the logistics to do the usual western itinerary were simpler. I did hear that there were 30 foot waves off San Juan and St Thomas on the days we were originally scheduled to be there, so the smooth seas we had after the change were a blessing.