Temperatures and packing tip

soggy1975

We're off on our first cruise in 2 weeks around the western Mediterranean.

I've read that ships can be q cold inside with the air con.

How do people find the temperature inside and does it affect what you wear?

My plan is to wear smart shorts and short sleeved shirt/polo shirt on a night but will I be too cold?

(I appreciate this is q subjective but it would be nice to get a few opinions)

Also with the med being super hot at the moment how is the temperature on the outside deck compared to say onshore?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Temperature inside the ship is regulated. It is in the dining room where it is a bit colder. We usually avoid being in the area where the a/c vent is directed.

How cold it is depends on one's tolerance. We wear shorts in the 70's. Being familiar with what you wear in your home weather, I suggest you check the temp forecast in your itinerary and determine what you will wear:

https://www.weather2travel.com/august/mediterranean/

Temperature inside the ship is regulated. It is in the dining room where it is a bit colder. We usually avoid being in the area where the a/c vent is directed.

How cold it is depends on one's tolerance. We wear shorts in the 70's. Being familiar with what you wear in your home weather, I suggest you check the temp forecast in your itinerary and determine what you will wear:

https://www.weather2travel.com/august/mediterranean/

I think the temperatures been about 40 c in the Mediterranean ..just wondered if it felt less hot on ship with a sea breeze?

After having to unexpectedly buy jackets on trips, DH now travels with a light jacket or sweatshirt and I carry a sweater that matches all my clothes. Evenings can be a little cool and weather can change quickly. And yes, sometimes the ship can be cool too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the temperatures been about 40 c in the Mediterranean ..just wondered if it felt less hot on ship with a sea breeze?

Yes, this dreadful heat, called "Lucifer" in Italy- forecast up to 44 degrees this weekend- but I cannot say what the longer term forecast is. I've always found it cooler out on deck once the ship is moving, because a breeze is created... I can't cope with heat, but can be out on deck even in the Caribbean once we're moving, sitting/walking in the shade. I've not found it too cool inside, except in the large theatres in the day time for lectures etc, when there's not many people to warm the place up. I'm also aware of the a/c vents, which can make you chilly.

Temperature can vary and that includes varying by cruise ship, room and itinerary.

The key is to remember that we are all different. Some people are naturally warm and some are often cool.

So it's a good idea to take something that you can add to your outfit(s) should you feel cold and if you are not then you don't use it.

Keith

I usually find it cool and the difference between inside and outside can be jarring when coming in and out. I usually have a light wrap I can throw on when I come in from the outside and tanks or thin shirts for outside. I have found it nice on deck and if it's super hot the shade is nice. Temperature is subjective but I find the same problem with figuring out what to wear when going to work.... hot outside, freezing air conditioning inside lol I will say it's more flexible to choose what to wear on a ship. Happy travels :)