end of Feb trip royal or pricess?

elite.

Looking at 2 possible trips and the end of Feb. Below are my choices -

Ā 

RC would be the Liberty of the sea.

Princess would be Caribbean Princess.

Ā 

I was on the small RC ship last year (majesty I believe), it was fun and for the most part and relaxing which is what Im looking for. I'll be me and my fiancee.....looking again for some time to unwind. Can anyone chime on on the 2 ships? The Princess happens to be a tad cheaper and the flights work out a little better but Id do either. Comparable ships/trips?

Ā 

Thanks!

We sailed the Caribbean Princess in 2011. It was enjoyable enough but we found Princess a little sleepy for our tastes. Except for the Skywalkers nightclub all the bars closed at 11 or before. We didn't necessarily want to go to a club but it was our only choice.

Ā 

I would sail Princess again, especially if the price was right. It depends on what activities you seek on board.

Primary activity.....relax ;). I went to the cheesy shows last year. It was fun. It passed the time. Glad to hear you liked princess. I was on the grand princess many years ago....15plus years so I'm sure its changed quite a bit.

And find Princess to have a lot more activities to choose from during the day than RCL (except on the Allure--but there were 6K passengers!)

Ā 

We did not notice bars on the Adventure to be open later than those on Princess...

Ā 

We are in our 40s, but like lots of activities, and we were at Skywalkers late most nights...

Ā 

Both good choices.

Ā 

I recommend trying Princess since it is a bit cheaper & works better. Cruise lines are more alike than different--then you will know for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at 2 possible trips and the end of Feb. Below are my choices -

Ā 

RC would be the Liberty of the sea.

Princess would be Caribbean Princess.

Ā 

OK wait.... Adding an extra option that I'm now leaning towards because of date....can anyone comment on the Celebrity constellation?

Ā 

I have done all 3 of these ships on the short FLL itineraries. I loved all 3, but would rate them in this order:

Ā 

1. Liberty of the Seas

2. Celebrity Constellation

3. Caribbean Princess

Ā 

Liberty of the Seas as my number 1 choice is by a loooong shot in my opinion. The entertainment on that ship is one of the best at sea and leaves the other 2 options in the dust. LOS has a 90 minute production of Saturday Night Fever and it is excellent. Also, Encore, the ice show, is a must see, as is the other main show...In The Air.

Ā 

Constellation was also great, but it's a lot more sleepy than the other 2. That said, of the 3, I found the food to be best on Constellation, along with the service.

Ā 

I also enjoyed my Caribbean Princess cruise, but there were a couple things that left a sour taste in my mouth. The wait for a tender at Princess Cays was 90 minutes. It was an utter disaster trying to get off that ship onto one of the only 2 tenders running to the island. Also, the main dining room was a mess. It was a long wait, despite having reservations, and the tables were crammed together way too close. We found it very uncomfortable. Also, the staterooms are much smaller and the decor is a lot more dated. The other 2 ships have couches in all rooms. Caribbean Princess does not. Furthermore, the staterooms don't have interactive TVs like the other 2 options.

Edited by Aquahound

Glad you have a positive opinion about the co constellation. I would enjoy the entertainment but I may have to consider $ and timing. I like good service and food though, that helps. Are there any shows at all or entertainment? Sleep is OK I guess. We are younger but clubbing isn't necessary.

Glad you have a positive opinion about the co constellation. I would enjoy the entertainment but I may have to consider $ and timing. I like good service and food though, that helps. Are there any shows at all or entertainment? Sleep is OK I guess. We are younger but clubbing isn't necessary.

Ā 

The shows you'll see on Constellation are comparable to what you saw on Majesty. Typical cruise ship 45 minute productions. Nothing to write home about.

Ā 

The hot spot at night is the martini bar. It's a very modern, South Beach styled lounge. It's a lot of fun, but it does get very crowded. They also do a 60s night and some of the interactive game shows that are typical on all cruise lines.

Ā 

Cafe Al Bacio is a great coffee house, especially when the guitar solist plays.

Ā 

Like I said, it's my #2 recommendation, but it's still an excellent short cruise.

Edited by Aquahound

Thank you so much. Flying into FLL and visit a friend for a day so trying to work out the timing and it happens to good plus its not Bahamas which the last cruise was. Input greatly appreciated. Any dancing ... Even if not full fledge club?

Any dancing ... Even if not full fledge club?

Ā 

Absolutely. They have live bands in Rendezvous Lounge and Revelations Lounge and on one night, they have a party in the main centrum and once out on the pool deck. No dedicated disco though.

One more suggestion....was on the regal princess 2 weeks ago...awesomr,beautiful ship with amazing food at the buffet area....very new ship....elegant....always something happening in the atrium.....have been on most lines and the regal surpassed any expectations for my first princess cruise.....possibly spoiling me forever but I cruise to be with family and they picked aos for next year...

If I'm booking a cheap inside room, where do you recommend...seems like there are a few decks avail.

Ā 

Personally, I like to be on a higher deck. Less surrounding rooms usually means less chaos and noise in the hallways. However, just about anywhere is good on that ship. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Caribbean princess is cruising on the exact same date as celebrity constellation. New decision lol.

Ā 

It's nice to have choices, isn't it? :D Between the 2, I still recommend Constellation though. Other than the things I already mentioned, Caribbean Princess is a much more crowded ship than Constellation.