Caribbean Princess has new beds!

mellon1

I called Princess today, as we will be on the CB very shortly and was wondering if they had the new beds. The gal was really good. She called the "dispatch" on the CB ship and said, all the suites have the new beds! She said the other rooms will be upgraded in March sometime. Thought anyone on this ship would want to know. Happy New Year.

I called Princess today, as we will be on the CB very shortly and was wondering if they had the new beds. The gal was really good. She called the "dispatch" on the CB ship and said, all the suites have the new beds! She said the other rooms will be upgraded in March sometime. Thought anyone on this ship would want to know. Happy New Year.

That is really good news. We had the new beds on the Coral last February, right after the dry dock and we liked them. I was not looking forward to the old beds next month since it was a few weeks before the March dry dock. This will our first time on the CB & trying one of the window suites.

We were on her in Nov and our inside room on Plaza deck already had the new bedding and we loved all but the feather down pillows. I had to have steward find me a foam pillow they were too soft and squishy. The sheets are so much nicer and mattress did not need egg crate! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by GweninTX

We disembarked her mid December in a vista suite--no new bed😞

That is really good news. We had the new beds on the Coral last February, right after the dry dock and we liked them. I was not looking forward to the old beds next month since it was a few weeks before the March dry dock. This will our first time on the CB & trying one of the window suites.

I agree. It's great not to worry if you are going to get a "dud" for a bed. We are happy too! Enjoy your cruise.

We disembarked her mid December in a vista suite--no new bed😞

So sad...we are Vista D737, where were you? Possibly between then and now they did get them? Now I am worried. The Princess person actually contacted the ship to find out.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Friday and were in a balcony cabin.......it was definitely an old mattress:D

I would never trust what customer service/corporate says about anything........

Sounds like only a few cabins may have received them. :(

I would never trust what customer service/corporate says about anything........

Sounds like only a few cabins may have received them. :(

Wow, I was on hold for like 20 minutes while she said she was contacting the ship. That is terrible if she is not telling the truth. We are on for 34 days and won't be happy if we get a "dud"...been there done that one.

We were on her in Nov and our inside room on Plaza deck already had the new bedding and we loved all but the feather down pillows. I had to have steward find me a foam pillow they were too soft and squishy. The sheets are so much nicer and mattress did not need egg crate! [emoji106]

Will also be sailing on the CB. Did the steward tell you it was the new ones? Really hope it is.

So sad...we are Vista D737, where were you? Possibly between then and now they did get them? Now I am worried. The Princess person actually contacted the ship to find out.

That's the exact suite we were in! I truly hope for your sake they switched out the bed! It was no bueno😞

That's the exact suite we were in! I truly hope for your sake they switched out the bed! It was no bueno😞

Anything we need to know about D737 other than the bed? How is the room steward? Hopefully they can switch the bed for us. It is terrible when you are sleeping in a crater. Maybe..hopefully...they switched the beds out since then!

Anything we need to know about D737 other than the bed? How is the room steward? Hopefully they can switch the bed for us. It is terrible when you are sleeping in a crater. Maybe..hopefully...they switched the beds out since then!

If your steward is Romulan be prepared to be wowed! He was the best we've ever had! Also the happiest. He just wanted to do everything for us. We spent a lot of time on the balcony which was wonderful. Suite was typical vs suite. We usually get either d737 or d736 as we love the location. Truly, the bed was the only negative thing about the suite. Enjoy!

If your steward is Romulan be prepared to be wowed! He was the best we've ever had! Also the happiest. He just wanted to do everything for us. We spent a lot of time on the balcony which was wonderful. Suite was typical vs suite. We usually get either d737 or d736 as we love the location. Truly, the bed was the only negative thing about the suite. Enjoy!

My husband spends a lot of time on the balcony too, and we also love the location...either D736 or D737. A great room steward makes the difference. Hopefully we get him! Saying our prayers. We are on for 34 days, so a good bed is really important. Thanks for responding to my question.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing CB in March of 2018. Almost certain to have them by then. :)

Perhaps we have been lucky but, so far, we have slept well on all of our cruises. We prefer a firm mattress which may be why we haven't had an issue. (Firm but not hard and lumpy!) My wife will absolutely love feather pillows (she uses one at home) but I will likely have to ask for a different one if they are squishy.

I'm hoping they have the new mattresses on Emerald when we sail this October. 28 nights with a poor mattress would not be a good thing...

Edited by Thrak