Wine Makers Dinner

ksm77

Just back from the Regal. We did the Wine Makers Dinner on the New Years cruise. It was amazing, loved it. We are on the Crown in July doing the Baltic. Does anyone know if this is offered on the Crown? I know it is not on all ships but wold love to do this again.

I believe it's only on the Royal & Regal; I'm guessing it might be offered on Majestic too.

I think it's only on these as they have the special wine cellar areas in those two dining rooms.

We are on board in <3 weeks and plan on doing Wine Makers too; thank you for your post and feel free to give any other details, tips & tricks, thoughts, etc. as they would be much appreciated!

Just off 31 days on the Crown and I can confirm that the Wine Makers Dinner is not offered. We loved it on the Royal Princess in 2015 and are looking forward to it again this October.

Edited by capriccio

I believe it's only on the Royal & Regal; I'm guessing it might be offered on Majestic too.

I think it's only on these as they have the special wine cellar areas in those two dining rooms.

We are on board in <3 weeks and plan on doing Wine Makers too; thank you for your post and feel free to give any other details, tips & tricks, thoughts, etc. as they would be much appreciated!

Just posted a review but would answer any questions you have. You will not be sorry doing the Wine Makers Dinner. Best Dining experience of any cruise.

Just off 31 days on the Crown and I can confirm that the Wine Makers Dinner is not offered. We loved it on the Royal Princess in 2015 and are looking forward to it again this October.

Thanks really wanted to do again.

Swapped over and read the review. Thanks for the heads-up about MDR woes. We're set for 6pm traditional but if service not up to par, we already have our "Plan B" in place!!

I guess my Wine Makers questions (and we've done Chef's Table before) are things like:

--is it lots and lots of food like CT, where you are careful about how much you've eaten earlier in the day (i.e. it's a good day to skip tea and platinum lounge)

--I'm guessing attire for WM is whatever is called for on that evening?

Thanks!

Swapped over and read the review. Thanks for the heads-up about MDR woes. We're set for 6pm traditional but if service not up to par, we already have our "Plan B" in place!!

I guess my Wine Makers questions (and we've done Chef's Table before) are things like:

--is it lots and lots of food like CT, where you are careful about how much you've eaten earlier in the day (i.e. it's a good day to skip tea and platinum lounge)

--I'm guessing attire for WM is whatever is called for on that evening?

Thanks!

It is not quite as much food as the CT but we still only had a light lunch earlier in the day. We were comfortably full afterwards.

And wear what you would have worn to the dining room. That being said, some of the other women were more dressed up than I was.

Thanks but the menus are fuzzy. Could not read them. Any chance you can try again?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, those are the best photos I have. Try searching cruisecritic.com and maybe someone else has posted the menu. Edited by cboyle

We will be on the Royal in two weeks. When and how did you make reservations for the winemaker dinner and chef table?

Call the DINE line for both the Chef's Dinner and the Wine Makers Dinner when you board. They'll let you know closer to the date of the dinner if you made the cut if more than a dozen passengers signed up. On the first of our B2B cruises on the Royal not enough passengers signed up for the Wine Makers Dinner so it wasn't held. Luckily on the second cruise 10 people signed up and we all had a wonderful time.

Edited by capriccio