Question for Lois R

HEINER

Lois, before you went on your river cruise you had posted two differnt shoes both were black and looked like great shoes for the ship. I think they were Clark's and Ecco and if I remember they were about $100.00. I saved the information but now that I need it I can't find it. I did try and search but that post does not come up. Do you remember? I should have order them the day you posted.

Thanks, for any information you can give me.

Betty

Lois, before you went on your river cruise you had posted two differnt shoes both were black and looked like great shoes for the ship. I think they were Clark's and Ecco and if I remember they were about $100.00. I saved the information but now that I need it I can't find it. I did try and search but that post does not come up. Do you remember? I should have order them the day you posted.

Thanks, for any information you can give me.

Betty

Hi Betty, the shoes I wore in the evenings were Ecco's.....I don't

have the box anymore to give you an item number. They are closed toe

(oval) and are sort of 2 tone......a mild croc pattern in a greyish/black

and the other part is just plain black. I don't remember posting 2

different shoes though.

I will see if I can find the post somewhere for you.

I found it.....this is the shoe I wore at night.......these are plain black but mine are the

same style with crocco and black.

http://us.shop.ecco.com/women-casual/ecco-touch-15-scale-ballerina-260183.html?dwvar_260183_color=56120#q=touch+15

I just realized something...when you click on the link you will see 2 pictures. The first one IS the shoe I have...you can see the crocco.

Edited by Lois R

Those Ecco shoes are cute. I wonder if you can tell me if the fit is true to your usual size? I found them online for a really good price but the reviews suggest that they tend to run a little large... Did you find that to be true?

Those Ecco shoes are cute. I wonder if you can tell me if the fit is true to your usual size? I found them online for a really good price but the reviews suggest that they tend to run a little large... Did you find that to be true?

Good morning:)......I wish I could see the size inside the shoe but I am

missing it or it is rubbed off already. I wear between a 6.5 and a 7. You

know Ecco's are European sizing......I don't know if these are a 36 or 37.

I think 37 because I have plenty of room in the toe box:)...they are not

too big but not too small either. I think a 36 might have been too tight.

But again, this is just me guessing....sorry I can't see the size:(

Good morning:)......I wish I could see the size inside the shoe but I am

missing it or it is rubbed off already. I wear between a 6.5 and a 7. You

know Ecco's are European sizing......I don't know if these are a 36 or 37.

I think 37 because I have plenty of room in the toe box:)...they are not

too big but not too small either. I think a 36 might have been too tight.

But again, this is just me guessing....sorry I can't see the size:(

Thanks for checking -- I'll order my usual size and just hope they work; they really are cute. :)

Thanks for checking -- I'll order my usual size and just hope they work; they really are cute. :)

Thanks and I hope they work for you too:)

Hi Betty, the shoes I wore in the evenings were Ecco's.....I don't

have the box anymore to give you an item number. They are closed toe

(oval) and are sort of 2 tone......a mild croc pattern in a greyish/black

and the other part is just plain black. I don't remember posting 2

different shoes though.

I will see if I can find the post somewhere for you.

I found it.....this is the shoe I wore at night.......these are plain black but mine are the

same style with crocco and black.

http://us.shop.ecco.com/women-casual/ecco-touch-15-scale-ballerina-260183.html?dwvar_260183_color=56120#q=touch+15

I just realized something...when you click on the link you will see 2 pictures. The first one IS the shoe I have...you can see the crocco.

Lois, Thanks, for the information!! That's the one I'm looking for!

Cruisemom... What company did you find them online?

I'm about 60/40 for Ecco. Those that fit I ADORE but about 40% of the shoes I've tried have arches in bad places for my feet. But the shoes that do fit me I wear a LOT:D

How strange that s company uses different lasts for their (same size) shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How strange that s company uses different lasts for their (same size) shoes

Same thing happens for me with many brands - Merrell & Keen to name a couple. Not all shoes from the same brand have the same insole, and since it's the insole that has the arch (or not), well....I have to assume that's part of the problem. And the overall shape & type of the shoe probably contributes as well.

I was in a Mephisto store recently (they had a big SALE sign in the window, what can I say...?) and I had a conversation with the saleswoman about the fact that I'd tried on Mephistos before and didn't find them to be that comfortable, despite all the hype.

She told me that Mephisto has three or four different "makes" if you will, with a variety of different uppers for each one. According to her, you really have to try them on and see what works. Sure enough, there were two out of the four different ones that were much better for my foot.

The frustrating thing is that when you are looking online (or sometimes even in a more 'self-serve' shoe store, there is nothing to tell you what "make" of the shoe it is, which would make it much easier to figure out if there is a likelihood that it will fit you.

(....and no, I didn't buy anything, but came away with a couple models to look for online at a deeper discount, lol...)

• 2 weeks later...

The Ecco shoes arrived and they are too small. :( I do like the way they look so I'll return these for the next larger size and hope that they work.

Buying shoes online can be an exercise in patience sometimes. But with more and more people shopping online, I find that a lot of stores don't have that much inventory -- often my size is sold out, so I'm just as well off ordering it online...

The Ecco shoes arrived and they are too small. :( I do like the way they look so I'll return these for the next larger size and hope that they work.

Buying shoes online can be an exercise in patience sometimes. But with more and more people shopping online, I find that a lot of stores don't have that much inventory -- often my size is sold out, so I'm just as well off ordering it online...

Hi...oh sorry they are too small. At least they have a larger size for you:)

• 3 weeks later...

When shopping for shoes, I shop by style and size first to initially try something. If it fits well, I then find out what colors it comes in and search online. If I'm shopping at Belk (popular department store here), they can order most things they don't have in the store and have it sent directly to your home address. They honor the sale price you would have had in the store and ship free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums