Alitalia Airlines

galelynn

Can anyone tell us about alitalia air? We have a flight in Sept of 2015 booked thru Princess easy air, from LAX to Rome and wondering about their service and flights.

What exactly is it that you want to know about their service and flights? I've only been on Alitalia for domestic (intra Europe) flights, never for transatlantic. For those flights I've been on, I saw little difference between Alitalia, Air France and KLM. Generally speaking, unless you are flying business class, airlines (unless you are talking about budget lines like RyanAir) are more similar than different. You've already booked, so at this point it is what it is. If you have specific questions, I'm sure someone can comment with more detail.

The "rabbit" report was amusing. But things like that happen on all flights. I upgraded from Coach to Coach + on British and terrible service and rude people in front.

But I was also interested in Alitalia. I have heard that many times, the bags do not get to your destination with you. But they have a Non Stop from Miami to Rome that is less expensive than a 1 stop through Atlanta or JFK with Delta. More desirable I think but wonder how many problems Alitalia has. Maybe non stop from the states is better?

Looking for some insight too.

I always check http://www.seatguru.com to give me information about the seat width, problem seats, pitch, etc I like to get as much legroom as possible on planes. I too have read a number of reviews of Alitalia . Just google Alitalia flight reviews to read for yourself

We flew from LAX to Rome in 2013. We picked it because the flight was non stop and we upgraded to Premium Economy. We were extremely disappointed in both the comfort and service. The food was awful and the flight attendants were extremely rude. The only positive thing was the flight was on time. The domestic flight from Rome to Athens was ok. The return flight from Rome to LAX was no better than the flight over. I will not fly Alitalia again.

• 2 weeks later...

Flew AirItalia once and swore I would never do it again. Leftover aircraft that other companies are selling off, seats with bottom impressions that don't fit "yours". Low and behold had a travel agent do details for a trip 2 years later and I ended up on AirItalia AGAIN - it was worse than the last time. Both of theses flights were from the states to Europe. I don't care how much more I have to pay I will never fly this "lowest level" airlines again. Actually,have flown Ryan Air and they are a notch above. Pay the extra $ and be comfortable for 6-7 hours