Dates of cheapest cruises?

I keep hearing where September is a great time to cruise because the rates are so cheap. I have been looking at rates for September 2016 & it seems to me that they are way more expensive than what I paid for my cruise I am going on in January 2016. I paid a total of $1600 for two people with a Junior Suite on RCL. Prepaid gratuities & insurance purchased & received $200 on board credit. I have not seen anything even close to that amount when I am researching for Sept.

What do you all think or have found is the cheapest time to cruise? I am not picky about destination or place of deportation. Also open to any cruise line.

Are there certain websites you go to to book?

It all depends where you are going. Most areas have cheaper rates at certain times (Lower season) and higher prices at certain times (high season).

If September is your target, Alaska is probably the location, as September is low season there. Caribbean is in hurricane season, but fewer ships present.

Overall, you just have to do the research.

I feel the best pricing for a cruise is in September and mid-January when all the kids are just back to school and families generally do not travel.

Hurricane cruises in the Caribbean has never been a problem for me in my many September cruises. I can say that if there is a big storm brewing in the Eastern Caribbean then the cruise lines move the ship to the Western Caribbean out of the way of the storm. Ports will change but you will sail. I have never had an issue with changing of ports, but it can happen. 80% of the fun you will have on your cruise will be while you are on the ship.

Enjoy whatever trip or time you choose!

Thank you for your response. I am looking to sail anytime from August thru whenever. Trying to avoid all the family crowds and spring breakers so thought September would be good because classes just going back on however I am seeing that a lot of the suites are already booked or are very high in price for that month.

I have extended my search for October thru January and seem to be getting a better price for those!

• 3 weeks later...
For the Caribbean: Sept/Oct and the weeks between after US Thanksgiving and before Christmas. ;)

LuLu

Pretty much this- Thank goodness my birthday is like a week after Thanksgiving or else it would be extremely expensive to celebrate it!!

• 2 weeks later...

We also booked what we thought was a pretty good fare on a cruise last October in the Caribbean. Kids in school not as crowded however Tropical Storm came through, and totally changed our itinerary along with canceling all of our excursions for those particular ports. At the time we enjoyed our vacation and made the most of it because we try to always look at the glass half full concept. However it was very frustrating to find out the change after we had just boarded the boat and getting ready for sail away. We had to wait for them to print all the new shore excursion options for new port stops and try to find something to do. We like to research things and this just wasn't going to happen. Like I said we enjoyed our cruise but just remember if your going to the caribbean during these so called low seasons be prepared for change and go with the flow.:)

• 2 months later...
I have always found that right BEFORE Christmas is pretty cheap! People are very busy this time of year and not likely to go on vacation. Plus, not a lot of families with kids go this time of year because of Christmas activities.

Flights can be expensive since a lot of people are flying home during that time of the year.

• 1 month later...
I have always found that right BEFORE Christmas is pretty cheap! People are very busy this time of year and not likely to go on vacation. Plus, not a lot of families with kids go this time of year because of Christmas activities.

This is what we're planning on doing waiting to mid Nov 15' to book for the holidays 15'. Fingers crossed we find a great deal.