Wireless service in San Juan?

kaylaakentt

Traveling on Anthem in 18 days! Hubby is wondering if there is AT&T service in Puerto Rico so he can check something quick for work. Not a big deal if there isn't but just curious. Thank you! (Our phones will be locked up otherwise so we can enjoy our time away from reality)

Carnival Fantasy 2010

Anthem of the Seas 2016

Traveling on Anthem in 18 days! Hubby is wondering if there is AT&T service in Puerto Rico so he can check something quick for work. Not a big deal if there isn't but just curious. Thank you! (Our phones will be locked up otherwise so we can enjoy our time away from reality)

Carnival Fantasy 2010

Anthem of the Seas 2016

Both San Juan and St Thomas if you happen to go there.....

I have a Samsung Smart Phone (not the newest one that overheats ) and we're going on a Southern Caribbean Cruise. It starts in San Juan with stops in St Thomas, St Lucia, St Martin, St Kitts and Barbados.

Will I incur roaming charges at all of these ports if I want to post pictures on Facebook?

Thanks

I have a Samsung Smart Phone (not the newest one that overheats ) and we're going on a Southern Caribbean Cruise. It starts in San Juan with stops in St Thomas, St Lucia, St Martin, St Kitts and Barbados.

Will I incur roaming charges at all of these ports if I want to post pictures on Facebook?

Thanks

Roaming charges have nothing to do with the type of phone you have. AT&T, T-Mobile and sprint all have wireless service in Puerto Rico. Verizon has service with roaming using Claro's signal. I know for sure AT&T has service with no charges at St. Thomas but don't know about all the other carriers. No US carriers available at any of the other islands. You need to check with you wireless provider on your restrictions and charges for international roaming if you REALLY need to have your phone available. After St. Thomas, all I did with mine was take pictures. Airplane mode was on until the morning we arrived back in SJ.

Roaming charges have nothing to do with the type of phone you have. AT&T, T-Mobile and sprint all have wireless service in Puerto Rico. Verizon has service with roaming using Claro's signal. I know for sure AT&T has service with no charges at St. Thomas but don't know about all the other carriers. No US carriers available at any of the other islands. You need to check with you wireless provider on your restrictions and charges for international roaming if you REALLY need to have your phone available. After St. Thomas, all I did with mine was take pictures. Airplane mode was on until the morning we arrived back in SJ.

Thanks for that. I will check with my provider to be sure.