When does Jetblue release their schedule?

Chrisknowsbest

If the OP had used the search feature, they would find other threads that tell B6 doesn't open on any regular set of dates. Numerous threads.

I guess using FOUR of these symbols didn't get across the joke: :D:D:D:D

So, in the future we will put this big disclaimer out there:

ATTENTION: NO INFORMATION IN THIS POST SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS CORRECT. IT"S JUST ANOTHER "MY OPINION" POST WITH NO FACTUAL BASIS.

Go to the JetBlue website and become a TrueBlue member.... they usually send an email when more flights open up for booking. Until then you'll just have to wait and hope the lower fares are worth it. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

Also, some routes get flights added as late as a month beforehand.... last time we flew out of JFK we planned on driving there because the flight schedule from BVT meant waiting in the airport longer than the drive would take. Then JetBlue added a couple more flights which made it more practical.

Since Jet Blue does not have the lowest fares *today* for your future date of travel they hold back releasing their higher fares. Once the lower fares sell out on AA, UA, DL, etc. they will release the higher fares. The remaining fares on competitors will be similar or even higher. This is the business model used by "low cost" carriers...they get the fares they need to be profitable while creating the illusion they have the "lowest" fares.

Thank you for providing a specific answer to my question, which, by the way, could not be found by using the search function.

What you could have found was that the information is not generally published, is not on any fixed schedule, and comes out in an email to jetBlue's mailing list. It was serendipitous that your question came the day before that email went out. Had you asked a month ago, you wouldn't have gotten that info, as no one knew.

What you could have found was that the information is not generally published, is not on any fixed schedule, and comes out in an email to jetBlue's mailing list. It was serendipitous that your question came the day before that email went out. Had you asked a month ago, you wouldn't have gotten that info, as no one knew.

Yep... it was a matter of hours from the time I suggested the email list to the time I received the email about the new schedules. Much as I'd like to believe my post prompted some cosmic chain of events, it was a completely fortuitous occurrence.

Jet Blue anounced their flights thru 2/28/09, today. Does anyone know if these will be their cheapest prices.
Do you know what the value of the Dow will be in a month?

Pricing strategies are one of the closest held trade secrets in the airline industry.

Thought experiment: XYZ Airline is selling seats from ABC to PDQ for $300. However, it is public knowledge that two weeks from now, those same seats will go "on sale" for $150. Tell me, just how many seats will they be able to sell at the $300 level today? How much revenue will they lose by the release of news of future price reductions? Given those answers: How likely would it be that they would release that information?

Jet Blue anounced their flights thru 2/28/09, today. Does anyone know if these will be their cheapest prices.

I have seen Jet Blue fares change on a day-to-day basis, going up and down from one day to the next. You have to just keep checking, or sign up for one of those fare notifications by email. I can't remember which website notifies you of Jet Blue so you may have to do a search.

I have seen Jet Blue fares change on a day-to-day basis, going up and down from one day to the next. You have to just keep checking, or sign up for one of those fare notifications by email. I can't remember which website notifies you of Jet Blue so you may have to do a search.

Kayak.com is a good one, although they don't use every airline.

OP where are you flying from/to? My son recently joined us in Long Beach by flying Jet Blue and our relatives in LA said that there is some controversy with the LB airport and that the airline may pull out. Not sure how true this is but I am watching for air from Seattle to LB for our future cruise and sometimes we have been able to get them for $79 each way, which is good for a straight flight. Good Luck!

Jet Blue prices do change from day to day. I just check my flight everyday when I get home from work. If the price goes down I just call Jet Blue and they put a credit in my Jet Blue account. Our flight to San Juan last Feb went down a total of $277 which I was able to use for our flight to Bermuda this May. Love Jet Blue!

• 1 month later...

The threatened pull-out from LGB was saber-rattling designed to get concessions from the City and airport. It went away almost overnight. However, they did pull out of nearby ONT but that was simple lack of demand. Service to ONT is being reduced or cut by most airlines; there are closer airports for most of the greater LA urban area, and many areas around the ONT locale have been hard-hit by the economy.

Archived