Hotels in Rome

cruisinisforme

I have searched the forum and seen several responses but I would like some recent reviews. Any recommendations on where to say?

My recommendation is to use the website tripadvisor. You will get far more reviews than on this forum. We picked our the Hotel Alpi based upon the reviews on that website.

Good luck.

I have searched the forum and seen several responses but I would like some recent reviews. Any recommendations on where to say?

Thats a very open ended request..... budget ? Area ? Time frame ?

We have stayed at two hotels - two different trips.

Hotel Mozart - wonderful hotel near Spanish Steps. Priced well. Clean, breakfast, elevator and just a nice hotel.

Albergo del Senato - perfect hotel near Pantheon. Priced higher. Rooftop bar, breakfast, elevators, and NEAR EVERYTHING !!!!

Here is what I do. Start at Venere.com Narrow your criteria down since they have multiple ways to search...... Pick 4 or 5 then go to Tripadvisor and read reviews. Pick 2-3 and come back here and ask. I use that process every time and has really worked for me !

Thats a very open ended request..... budget ? Area ? Time frame ?

We have stayed at two hotels - two different trips.

Hotel Mozart - wonderful hotel near Spanish Steps. Priced well. Clean, breakfast, elevator and just a nice hotel.

Albergo del Senato - perfect hotel near Pantheon. Priced higher. Rooftop bar, breakfast, elevators, and NEAR EVERYTHING !!!!

Here is what I do. Start at Venere.com Narrow your criteria down since they have multiple ways to search...... Pick 4 or 5 then go to Tripadvisor and read reviews. Pick 2-3 and come back here and ask. I use that process every time and has really worked for me !

I just booked the Albergo del Senato yesterday for my upcoming September cruise. While it is pricier than many other hotels, I chose it for the location.

We get into Rome in the early afternoon on September 4th and sail on September 5th. This doesn't leave much time to see the sites so I wanted to be within walking distance of the top attractions: Pantheon, Colliseum, Trevi Fountain, etc. While we may not get to them all we will get to most of them in a short amount of time.

The hotel looks absolutely stunning and I couldn't think of a better way to start our trip!

We like Hotel Italia. Got it for 109 Euros in high season. Nothing fancy but very clean and safe. Within public transportation or in walking distance of all the must sees. They get good reviews and a response from them on Trip Advisor. So the hotel are reading the reviews.

Do any of the Hotel's in Rome have king size bed's? Have check tripadvisor they don't list the size of bed's. Also want a nice hotel.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Betty:)

Do any of the Hotel's in Rome have king size bed's? Have check tripadvisor they don't list the size of bed's. Also want a nice hotel.

Typically, hotels have what are called "matrimonial" beds, which are usually two twins put together.

It's hard for others to know what "nice" means to you. Folks can be more helpful if you can describe ranges, such as price, location prefered, on-site restaurant, etc.

Depends on your budget. Over the past two years, I stayed at these:

• Hotel Paba, near Colisseum, budget (~100 EUR), very small room, tiny bathroom, no public areas, breakfast in room. Clean, but I would not stay here again.
  • Albergo del Senato, next door to the Pantheon, moderate price (~150 EUR in off-season), gorgeous view, large room, huge bathroom with tub, great breakfast, perfect location. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
  • Hotel Teatropace, one block from Piazza Navona, budget (~100EUR), comfortable room, good-sized bathroom with tub, excellent location, no public areas, breakfast in room. I would stay here again if I couldn't afford the Albergo del Senato.

I just booked the Albergo del Senato yesterday for my upcoming September cruise. While it is pricier than many other hotels, I chose it for the location.

We get into Rome in the early afternoon on September 4th and sail on September 5th. This doesn't leave much time to see the sites so I wanted to be within walking distance of the top attractions: Pantheon, Colliseum, Trevi Fountain, etc. While we may not get to them all we will get to most of them in a short amount of time.

The hotel looks absolutely stunning and I couldn't think of a better way to start our trip!

ASK FOR ROOM 204 IF YOU HAVE A DELUXE DOUBLE. ONLY ROOM ON THE FRONT WITH A BALCONY...... A NICE ONE TOO !

Albergo del Senato, next door to the Pantheon, moderate price (~150 EUR in off-season), gorgeous view, large room, huge bathroom with tub, great breakfast, perfect location. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I think they have gone up...... we stayed there off season (first of May) and again the middle of May (then high season)

The price was more than 150 euros !!!!!! off season nights.

But this hotel is definately worth it. What a location and it is nice hotel too

I guess I should have given more information lol..most of us have been to Rome before so I want something with a great location where we can walk to the sites and enjoy the city. The Albergo del Senato has definitely come up on my search as well as a few others

I have also been lookiing at this one,

HOTEL NERVA Rome

and a friend of mine is currently in europe and stayed here so I am anxious to here what she thought

Nicolas Inn | Bed & Breakfast in Rome | Accommodation in the center of Rome

I guess I should have given more information lol..most of us have been to Rome before so I want something with a great location where we can walk to the sites and enjoy the city. The Albergo del Senato has definitely come up on my search as well as a few others

I have also been lookiing at this one,

HOTEL NERVA Rome

and a friend of mine is currently in europe and stayed here so I am anxious to here what she thought

Nicolas Inn | Bed & Breakfast in Rome | Accommodation in the center of Rome

I have stayed at Hotel Nerva, as well as at the del Senato. Nerva is well located and the staff is friendly, but it is not in the same league as Albergo del Senato. The decor is very tired, rooms are small, and beds are harder even than the norm in Italy. It didn't particularly bother me because I was there for a week and wanted an inexpensive place to sleep at night.

If you're looking for something a little less expensive than the del Senato, I suggest having a look at the Albergo Cesari. Same area (not right across from the Pantheon, but located about midway between the Pantheon and Trevi, in a nice area). It was completely redone a couple of years ago and has a nice rooftop terrace.

As other posters have said, I'd pick the del Senato every time if finances allow.

We stayed at Hotel White and highly recommend it. The hotel is lovely and we walked everywhere. Two blocks fron Trevi fountion and spanish steps. Twenty minute to ancient city and thirty minute walk to the vatican

ASK FOR ROOM 204 IF YOU HAVE A DELUXE DOUBLE. ONLY ROOM ON THE FRONT WITH A BALCONY...... A NICE ONE TOO !

I think they have gone up...... we stayed there off season (first of May) and again the middle of May (then high season)

The price was more than 150 euros !!!!!! off season nights.

But this hotel is definately worth it. What a location and it is nice hotel too

Hey there Tex! Hope you are doing well! Finally convinced Mr. Ski to do another Med cruise. This one in and out of Rome. I wanted in/out of Venice but RCCL changed their ship/itinerary for next year so we compromised....in/out of Rome if he would try Celebrity.

A question for you though....I think y'all usually do your own transportation to/from the pier from the hotel. How long does it take, what is the typical cost, and do you usually arrange it ahead of time?

Also, this hotel you recommend....How far is it to the Vatican? Type transportation?

I see you did the Solstice? We are doing Equinox. Any advice since you know all we have ever done is RCCL.

Take care!

We stayed at the Hotel Quirinale the last time we were in Rome and it was only a few blocks from where the sightseeing company picked us up. The breakfast was very good and we were centrally located downtown. We were there about 1-1/2 years ago and liked it so much we are going to stay there again on our cruise next year. I think we paid about $300 a night.

I have attached pictures of the room.

DSC00717.jpg.53e6ccd0b5326abea78c7c08acad8faf.jpg

DSC00714.jpg.75f297169204792de603eba52ebeb860.jpg

We stayed at the Hotel Quirinale the last time we were in Rome and it was only a few blocks from where the sightseeing company picked us up. The breakfast was very good and we were centrally located downtown. We were there about 1-1/2 years ago and liked it so much we are going to stay there again on our cruise next year. I think we paid about $300 a night.

I've also stayed at the Quirinale and agree that it is very nice. However, at $300 per night, I'd want to be in the "golden triangle" (between the Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Campo dei Fiori).

Have stayed in Rome on several occasions before and after cruises and during land trips. Always have stayed at Campo De Fiori. Centrally located all major attractions are only 5 -15 minute walks from the hotel. Place is spotless and restaurants in the area are some of the best.

http://hotelcampodefiori.com/inglese/hotel.htm

Hey there Tex! Hope you are doing well! Finally convinced Mr. Ski to do another Med cruise. This one in and out of Rome. I wanted in/out of Venice but RCCL changed their ship/itinerary for next year so we compromised....in/out of Rome if he would try Celebrity.

A question for you though....I think y'all usually do your own transportation to/from the pier from the hotel. How long does it take, what is the typical cost, and do you usually arrange it ahead of time?

Also, this hotel you recommend....How far is it to the Vatican? Type transportation?

I see you did the Solstice? We are doing Equinox. Any advice since you know all we have ever done is RCCL.

Take care!

Hey U...... Rome is our favorite so I would be a happy camper to go again from there !!!!

Stefano with Romecabs is who we used exclusively our last trip. Airport to hotel - @ 45 euros and about 1/2 hr (same as a taxi but nice car). Hotel to port - we shared with 2 couples from roll call (used a nice van)...... so we split the cost. Here is the link to their website and transfer quotes http://www.romecabs.com/transfers.html If you take a taxi - there are plenty available anytime. Yes, we pre-booked all our rides with Romecabs. We also used them from port to hotel (post cruise) and then to the airport to come home :(

Albergo del Senato is our hotel of choice. Highly recommended on these boards too. I am terrible with distance. But from the rooftop bar you can see St. Peters. We did not walk that but we walked all over the place other than that :eek: Actually that is the best thing about this hotel..... Pantheon is RIGHT THERE.....Piazza Navonna 2 blocks over. Trevi is real close, Coliseum also. Spanish steps is doable too. And the Vatican altho a bit further.

You will love Celebrity !!!! We did RCL only before our Solstice cruise. Same company owns them both. Celebrity just a notch above Royal. The Solstice was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S !!! Only 6 months old when we sailed her. We thought this was our best cruise yet. PS: We did not like Holland America much.

Let me know if you have any other ?????? See ya TEX

Hey U...... Rome is our favorite so I would be a happy camper to go again from there !!!!

Stefano with Romecabs is who we used exclusively our last trip. Airport to hotel - @ 45 euros and about 1/2 hr (same as a taxi but nice car). Hotel to port - we shared with 2 couples from roll call (used a nice van)...... so we split the cost. Here is the link to their website and transfer quotes http://www.romecabs.com/transfers.html If you take a taxi - there are plenty available anytime. Yes, we pre-booked all our rides with Romecabs. We also used them from port to hotel (post cruise) and then to the airport to come home :(

Albergo del Senato is our hotel of choice. Highly recommended on these boards too. I am terrible with distance. But from the rooftop bar you can see St. Peters. We did not walk that but we walked all over the place other than that :eek: Actually that is the best thing about this hotel..... Pantheon is RIGHT THERE.....Piazza Navonna 2 blocks over. Trevi is real close, Coliseum also. Spanish steps is doable too. And the Vatican altho a bit further.

You will love Celebrity !!!! We did RCL only before our Solstice cruise. Same company owns them both. Celebrity just a notch above Royal. The Solstice was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S !!! Only 6 months old when we sailed her. We thought this was our best cruise yet. PS: We did not like Holland America much.

Let me know if you have any other ?????? See ya TEX

Thanks so much!

Archived