Just got back from the Majesty -any questions?

We sail the Majesty NEXT month. I would love for you to share about your trip a bit. Did you make it to Coco Cay?? I am SO hoping we do, as I will be very disappointed if not. I am still not sure what we are going to do in Nassau, have been there several times already, but it will be a first time for our 17 year old son.

Marie

We will also be on the Majesty in March with 2- 16 year olds, a 14 year old, and an 11 year old. If you had children on board, did they have enough to do? Our last cruise was on the Explorer with more activities.

How about a quick run down of the good and bad of the ship, in your opinion of course?

We will be on her (again) in a little over a week.

Who is the cruise director?

If you did the 4 night, what night was formal night?

michuori.... I will take pictures of the kids compasses and post them for you when we return.

Thanks!

Bobbie

:) I am also interested in your comments. I am going with 4 sisters, plus mom in April. Three have never cruised and they don't think their husbands would like it. I want them to really enjoy the trip. Did you use the spa?

Is the dining room two levels? I have been on one cruise. Our table was upper level towards the back. It was wonderful. I hope we get the same.

Did you do any excursions or go on your own?

Thanks

I just got my documents for my March 7th cruise yesterday -- not it seems "real"!

I have much the same questions as the others. Was formal night the same night you were in Nassau late? (We've requested early seating so we are thinking that we might not make it back in time.) How "formal" was "formal" on a short cruise like this?

About what time does the sun go down in Nassau? What did you do there?

Coco Cay is of interest to me -- did you hear comments about the kayak excusion? I'm thinking of taking that one because it's even less expensive than renting a kayak in my own home town.

Any info is much appreciated!

We too will be on the Majesty in March with a great group of friends. Did you listen to any bands? If so, how were they?

How was the drink service attention on the deck. I would hate to get parched. :)

Thanks for the info.

Diane

We were on the four-night Majesty last week. Here's the answers to some of your questions, even though I'm not the original poster.

We did make it to Coco Cay. Weather was beautiful the day we were there, although the water was cold. My younger son, age 7, go hypothermia while we were snorkeling. We just stayed out too long and he is very thin - no insulation. I would suggest thinking about renting wetsuits, although the cold water didn't bother the rest of us. The island was very nice, snorkeling was fun, we saw lots of fish. The quiet side of the island was especially nice - just keep walking to your right as far as you can go. Much more relaxing over there. Food was decent and we stayed much longer than we thought we would.

We did the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and really enjoyed it. We booked ourselves and saved money.

Formal night was on Tuesday, the day you are in Nassau. We had early seating and were able to do the Dolphin encounter in the morning, back to the ship for a late lunch, back into town to take a tour and visit the Straw Market, dressed for formal night, and then some of our group went back out and took a cab to the Atlantis.

Formal night was much more formal than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised (I'm one of those people that thinks you should follow the rules). Most men in dark suits, didn't even see that many sport coats, and most women in cocktail dresses or dressy pantsuits. I did not see one person dressed inappropriately in our dining room.

There are two separate dining rooms on the Majesty on two decks. They were very nice. This was my fifth cruise and I have to say the service on this ship was as good as on any cruise we have been on. Our waiter and assistant waiter were great. Food was good, not fantastic.

Cruise director was Warren somebody or other. I thought he was pretty goofy and not as good as some we have had. He took a back seat to his assistant, Franco Fonzarelli (as he called himself) who was very pleasant. Shows were ok. Some of the voices were good, but a couple of the performers were just bad. There was a comedian and and a voice impersonator - we didn't see them but members of our group said they were good.

My kids did the Adventure Ocean. The problem with a short cruise like this is that there isn't a sea day and if you take your kids with you when you're in port they only have the evening for a couple of hours. We did not use it as much as we have on other ships. I was really disappointed in the facility - the room for the younger kids was really small and not very attractive. My kids (7 and 9) seemed to spend most of their time in the teen disco room. The counselors were not as good as on some cruises we have been on. They seemed really disinterested and didn't care if the kids showed up or not. I thought they needed a little attitude adjustment. Just did not seem happy. The pirate parade was fantastic.

My biggest complaint about the ship (which by the way was MUCH nicer than we had expected - well kept and immaculate) was that the ventilation was very poor in the lounges and they were incredibly smoky even on the non-smoking side. We had to line up for bingo cards on the smoking side and I thought I was going to die.

lmay,

Thanks for the information! It is nice to be able to plan a little, knowing which night is formal night. I think we will try to see the comedian and skip the production show.

Last time we sailed the Majesty the cruise director was Nikki Stevens and she was really bad! I guess this guy can't be much worse.

Our kids said the other day......."Don't they have a cruise that is ALL sea days"......LOL I guess making friends is really what it is all about for kids :)

Thanks again,

Bobbie

It's great to hear the reports on the Majesty. Our only cruise was on the Dawn Princess several years ago. We loved the food and the beauty of that ship. Since then, we've been going to Cozumel and staying in the all-inclusive resorts to dive. We will be in Miami this summer and decided to try the Majesty because DH wants to do a shark dive really bad!! We also want to dive the Keys, so this itinerary looked great for us. Bobbie0253, let us know how your trip goes! Have fun! :)

LoriMay,

We're going on the 3 nighter in less than 2 weeks.

Did the rooms have safes?

Any network channels available on the TV (Fox)? Any bars on the ship where you could watch sports on Fox? My husband needs to be able to catch at least the end of the Daytona 500.

How was the embarking/disembarking? Any problems?

What was on the menu for dinner?

We are going on the Majesty in 5 days! I would also like to know if there are safes. We are staying in an inside cabin for the first time in 25 years as it's such a short cruise but will miss some of the amenities...a safe being one if it is not offered inside. What time did you board? Our doc's say 2:00 but we're wondering if they'll let us on earlier.

Here's some info from our last cruise in October on the Majesty.

SO categories and higher have safes.

We had Duane as Cruise Director and, though we didn't see him much because we didn't do many "organized" activities,he was absolutely excellent in the "Love and Marriage" show.

He rivaled Bob Eubanks on the old Newlywed Game.

He was also very funny and upbeat the other time we saw him at a magic show.

They have ALOT to do and can't always please 3,000 people.

I have sailed on the Majesty 3 times in the last 4 years and Warren has been the CD each time. His last name begins with H and is unpronounceable and unspellable so I won't try. He has a very Canadian accent.

I didn't realize they moved around so much. Is that typical?

We too just returned from the majesty of the seas. I will agree the lounges are full of smoke when there are alot people smoking in them. I thought the show was excellent the comedian was very funny and the production show boogie wonderland was fabalous. It was the very first time it was performed on the majesty. In my book it is a must see show you won't be dissapointed.:)

Wallie -- thanks --I shoulda thought of providing the link!

Does the CD on the Majesty do the "Quest" game? I came in late to it on another cruise (I forget which one). It would be the perfect activity for my son.

You are Welcome Robin. My DD was on staff on Majesty last year and I'll ask her tonight who does Quest and let ya know tomorrow if ya dont get an answer from the OP.

Marie is it almost time for you to go allready !

EW

Archived