Does Anyone Else Feel Sick After Getting Off The Ship?

CarefreeCruising

No, I'm not talking about that sad feeling when you know that vacation is over. I got off of a 5 night cruise on the Navigator on Saturday. When I first got off, I felt a strong feeling that the ship was still moving (even though I wasn't on it). This persisted through much of the day. Yesterday I didn't feel the room moving as much but still a bit dizzy feeling. I'm doing even better today - still feel a bit "off" with a slight earache. Since it's getting progressively better, I'm not too concerned and don't think I"ll run to the doctor but just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. When we were on the ship, we went through 50 mph winds the last night and the ship was really rocking while we slept. I don't know if that contributed to this.

This happened to me once. It was when I got off the Liberty of the Seas in November.

We had a little bit of rough weather (we sailed through the north bands of Hurricane Tomas) on our way from San Juan to Nassau (we were diverted from Labadee sue to the storm). Strangely I have been in worse seas- this really wasn't that bad. There was constantly rocking though.

When we got off the ship my head was still rocking for 2 days. Then it went away.

yes it will affect you. you get so used to the ships swaying that you get your "sea legs" you get used to the swaying that you hardly notice it after a day of being on the ship.

And yes afterwards it does take a few days to get used to being back on land, usually takes a day or 2 to get back to normal.

Don't panic as i have felt it as well. Last time i was on Independence the Irish Sea wasn't so smooth and she didn't handle it well, felt like i was drunk walking down the hall to our cabin.

CK x

Did you, by chance, where a transderm patch for motion sickness? On my last cruise I was very sick for a couple of days after removing the patch. (Was also sick the first day on board) Wore them for years with no ill effects. Never again.

Did you, by chance, where a transderm patch for motion sickness? On my last cruise I was very sick for a couple of days after removing the patch. (Was also sick the first day on board) Wore them for years with no ill effects. Never again.

No, I have never taken anhy remedies for motion sickness. I don't have any problems with motion sickness while on the ship... just after I get off! Good to know I'm not alone and it should pass soon.

Yup, It's happened to me on the last 2 trips. The first time was pretty scary when my whole body started to shake as we were walking thru the warehouse tracking down our luggage. My hubby thought I was having some type of "fit" and wanted to call the medics in.

I do what Ellen does and take Bonine on the last couple of days on board and a few days post-cruise. I've never experienced anything like it. My co-workers get a kick out of it when I'm walking down the hall holding on to the walls.

The only other cure is to never get off the ship!

Chrissy

Yep, it happens to me after every cruise. I've found that if I take bonine it helps alot. I usually take it until I've been home for 3 days. I hate that feeling!!

Yes!! It always happens to me and lasts quite a while. I hate it because I can't concentrate on anything with my head spinning ( have enough trouble without spinning!). I'll try the Bonnine after getting off this time and see if it helps.

I wear the patch all the time and nver have been sick during or after...maybe you hit some extra rough seas???

It is very common. I used to suffer from it but no longer do. The only cure I've found is cruising so much, you ears get used to it. ;)

I agree with silentbob.....and after about a half dozen cruises that syndrome stopped.....I kind of miss it to tell you the truth......like the 70's again..LoL!:eek:

It will pass.

I get it after every cruise. It gets compounded by a flight immediately afterward, followed by an hour or two drive home....once it starts, it truly means the cruise is over.

But on the positive side, it also is an indicator that you need to book your next cruise!!