Carnival pin

derf5585

I've never worn one, anytime.

Serene, that's funny - 'cause I have the red Carnival beanie bear hanging on my bulletin board right here, and all my pins are stuck on him. Great minds.........:D

Are these pins free when you sail on a particular ship or are they something you buy on the ship? Just curious. I do have a few Princess gold and platinum pins laying upstairs in the jewel box that I've never worn anywhere, including the ship.

Are these pins free when you sail on a particular ship or are they something you buy on the ship? Just curious. I do have a few Princess gold and platinum pins laying upstairs in the jewel box that I've never worn anywhere, including the ship.

Pins are givin as a past quest perk- you get one with your invitation to the past guest party.

Pins are givin as a past quest perk- you get one with your invitation to the past guest party.

Do you get it when you go to the party? I didn't receive one with my invitation, and neither did my parents. Aw :(

Do you get it when you go to the party? I didn't receive one with my invitation, and neither did my parents. Aw :(

The are delivered to the cabin with the invitation.

"In box"......:confused: What's that?

My pin has been delivered to my cabin with the invitation only once - all the other times, the captain or cruise director has handed it to me as I entered the party.

"In box"......:confused: What's that?

My pin has been delivered to my cabin with the invitation only once - all the other times, the captain or cruise director has handed it to me as I entered the party.

So that means that first timers don't get a pin from their particular ship ?:(

Hi.:) Have you cruised on Carnival? If so, you should receive an invitation to the Past Guest party (which is held on 5-night or longer cruises). You will receive a ship's pin. That's the only way you can get a pin. They don't sell them on the ship. Is this what you're asking?

Yep, that's what I wanted to know. So on my first cruise (in September), I see I won't be getting a pin. Okay. I'll be back again ;) for my pin. That will give me an excuse (albeit an incredibly flimsy one) to come back again.

Last cruise ( LEGEND out of NYC), I didn't even get an invitation to the past guest party. I knew about it, so I just crashed it. I have never received a pin on any Carnival ship, however. Must be a female thing ? :D

Hey Gary. Are you letting them know you're a past guest on the fun pass? Or checking the little box on your doc page?

Interesting that you were able to 'crash' the party, as I've seen (on two different cruises) people turned away at the door - very nicely, of course - because they didn't have an invitation in their hand.

No, I don't think it's a 'female thing'.:D

Hey Gary. Are you letting them know you're a past guest on the fun pass? Or checking the little box on your doc page?

Interesting that you were able to 'crash' the party, as I've seen (on two different cruises) people turned away at the door - very nicely, of course - because they didn't have an invitation in their hand.

No, I don't think it's a 'female thing'.:D

Its easy, Cotton. Just rush by the line waiting to have invitations checked. Hold up my camera, smile, say, "Wife sent me back to the cabin to get this"......Carnival employee has to make a quick evaluation on whether or not to risk "insulting" a past (and more importantly future) guest or just let me keep on keeping on. Never hesitate and never ever look back. Do it all the time at private manufacturers parties at NRCA conventions. :)

You're right, however, I most likely didn't check the little box for some reason. I think I may have also missed finding the invitation as it was probably in the mail box with the Capers and I didn't check it well enough.

"No, I don't think it's a 'female thing'"

LOL...I somehow can't picture a (real)man with a little teddy bear on his desk loaded down with pins of all the cruise ships he's sailed on. :D

I've got to stop now before I get into a lot of trouble.....:rolleyes:

LOL...I somehow can't picture a (real)man with a little teddy bear on his desk loaded down with pins of all the cruise ships he's sailed on. :D

Now, now, Gary. This sweet little ole southern lady would never disparge a man for his desk accessories. It just wouldn't be proper.:D

Archived