Sapphire Alaska report, menus, spa, bar,patter

MercedMike

Thanks for the pics. We will be on the Sapphire in December when it does the Mexican Riviera. We have been to Alaska and did the duck boats the year they first started there. What fun!

what great pictures. Thanks for the review. We were on the Sapphire last Oct. to Mex. Riviera. Seeing the pictures of the ship brought back many memories. Again thanks.

marilyn

mafemess,

We are going on New Years Eve-12/31 cruise. We were on the Coral Princess this past New Years eve and really enjoyed cruising on New Years. So, we are doing it again. Sorry we will miss you.

MercedMike,

Your website is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We are doing the same cruise in September on the Diamond Princess.

I have a question for you. Would you recommend Metropolitan Town Car service? We are flying into Seattle the day before, and need to arrange for transportation for 5 from our hotel to the ship, and also from the ship to the airport. I wondered if a private car service would be better than using taxis. I'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks!

Visited your wonderful website yesterday (Wednesday) but when I tried to reply here, the site kept crashing. We were on the Sapphire a month before you. It was our first Alaskan cruise. We had rain almost the whole week -- in fact, I was informed by a friend who lives up in Wash. State that they were having a warm summer. At least to that point.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to know - what is the cost to play Bingo on board?

We were on the Disney cruise last month & it cost $35 for 6 cards, which I thought was terrible & all these little kids were playing & winning.

• 2 weeks later...
MercedMike,

... Would you recommend Metropolitan Town Car service? ... I wondered if a private car service would be better than using taxis.

We have used Metropolitan several times in Seattle and found them very reliable and courteous.

We love the private limo transfers to the ship. They rarely cost much more than a taxi, and it is so much fun to arrive at the ship "playing rich"!

;o)

Mike

I just have to know - what is the cost to play Bingo on board?

We were on the Disney cruise last month & it cost $35 for 6 cards, which I thought was terrible & all these little kids were playing & winning.

LOL I hate to tell you, but it is the same on Sapphire Princess. I think the price is outrageous. Minors are not allowed to buy the cards or claim the prizes.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

thANKS Mike .

I need you to speak with Renee to compare that ship against the Sun that she was on. I want to do the cruise you did but in 2006 it is being replaced by the Dawn and Sun for roundtrip Seattle. We too will be going in Sept and I want to make sure with the weather that there is a place indoors that we can veiw Tracy Arms. Will any of the pools be heated for Alaska since none are indoors?

Your site is FANTASTIC! My best friend and I are taking the Sapphire to Alaska on May 15th it is both of our 1st Princess and 1st Alaska cruise. You answered a lot of questions and your pictures really give a feel of what the trip will be like.

Thanks again for posting. :)

Archived