Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

Hello Everyone,

I've been advised that Celebrity will be rolling out several enhancements to their website www.celebritycruises.com this week. I'm expecting Celebrity to post on this thread, sharing details of the new features with us.

My thanks to Celebrity for offering a "heads-up" to our community. Stay Tuned !

Hello Everyone,

I've been advised that Celebrity will be rolling out several enhancements to their website www.celebritycruises.com this week. I'm expecting Celebrity to post on this thread, sharing details of the new features with us.

Hi Andy,:) please don't tease us with this wonderful information:D;):)

Hello Everyone, I've been advised that Celebrity will be rolling out several enhancements to their website this week. I'm expecting Celebrity to post on this thread, sharing details of the new features with us. My thanks to Celebrity for offering a "heads-up" to our community. Stay Tuned !

THANKS for the update! Hope they fix some of the "clunky" aspects!! I hope they make it easier and quicker to get to the info on the future specific Celebrity cruises by specific ship, location, date, etc. The graphics might be pretty on their website, but how the site works quickly and more easy are more important. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 67,741 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Andy, you know I was just teasing:)...thanks for the heads up:)

Hi Lois,

Yes I know, and thank you for your kindness as always !

There's so much more I'd like to say, but it's only fair to leave that to Celebrity. IMO, it's wonderful they are reaching out to our community with a head's up. Believe me, they are well aware of the comments about the website, and are taking it seriously. Celebrity knows how passionate we are about their brand. I believe it's going to lead to a much better experience. On a personal note, I've been involved with website updates in the past, and it's a time consuming process.... so patience is a good thing.

I'd like to request that our CC friends refrain from making snarky & gripe comments on this thread. There are several other threads available for that purpose :)

Hi Lois,

Yes I know, and thank you for your kindness as always !

There's so much more I'd like to say, but it's only fair to leave that to Celebrity. IMO, it's wonderful they are reaching out to our community with a head's up. Believe me, they are well aware of the comments about the website, and are taking it seriously. Celebrity knows how passionate we are about their brand. I believe it's going to lead to a much better experience. On a personal note, I've been involved with website updates in the past, and it's a time consuming process.... so patience is a good thing.

I'd like to request that our CC friends refrain from making snarky & gripe comments on this thread. There are several other threads available for that purpose :)

I know I joked earlier but I am very happy about updates. I've cruised 11 times with RCCL and was a bit disappointed with X's website. I am hoping that this update will bring it closer to the quality of RCCL's website. I know changes aren't easy to make.

Thanks for the warning....

If true, everyone should check each of their reservations daily to see that nothing has changed. Celebrity does not exactly have a postive reputation for thorough testing before implementation.

Am I the only one on the planet that has not had an issue with the X website? At work we have some outdated switches so anything we do online is soooooo slow that the X experience at home is like working at the speed of light! :D

Am I the only one on the planet that has not had an issue with the X website? At work we have some outdated switches so anything we do online is soooooo slow that the X experience at home is like working at the speed of light! :D

Hi TRadle:) I have not had major issues but if they can make it

better? All for that:D

I haven't had any problems either. Perhaps it's because I keep my hardware and software updated and tune up it's performance on a regular basis just like I would any piece of machinery I own? I use the latest versions of both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and have not had problems with either.

No, I also have never had a problem. I think the biggest problem has to do with Internet Explorer. Hopefully the enhancements have addressed this flaw. Chances are X does a majority of their development on Mac which notoriously creates problems with IE.

Thanks Andy, we're looking forward to our web site updates this week. You'll find more information about life onboard as well improvements in the managing of booked reservations, plus some brand new areas of the site. Stay tuned for more details over the coming days, as Andy gets a sneak peek and shares his thoughts.

I hope they go back to including the overall ship calendar where you could look at several months at a time and see what areas are being visited. It was the number one tool I used to use on their website.

Thanks for the heads up Andy, and we will all keep our fingers crossed that the new site is a step forward.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I hope they go back to including the overall ship calendar where you could look at several months at a time and see what areas are being visited. It was the number one tool I used to use on their website.

Thanks for the heads up Andy, and we will all keep our fingers crossed that the new site is a step forward.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi Wvufan,

My pleasure. I truly enjoy helping our community. I'm looking forward to the updates going live. I agree the Ship Calendar was a great feature. I was so excited when it made it's debut on the Celebrity website. For reasons unknown, it did not last very long. I hope it returns in 2012.

Hello Everyone,

Now there’s one for the books! Let’s hope they come near to either Cunard or HA’s web site user-friendly and functionality. As they say “Hope springs eternal”

Thanks Andy, we're looking forward to our web site updates this week. You'll find more information about life onboard as well improvements in the managing of booked reservations, plus some brand new areas of the site. Stay tuned for more details over the coming days, as Andy gets a sneak peek and shares his thoughts.

Please address the speed issues I've been having. I like additional features but stability and speed should be a top priority. Thank you for letting us know in advance that you are working on the website.

Andy, there are so many things I'd like you to test.....but just from a useability standpoint, could you go into the manage my reservations page and see if they still have that dropdown which has only one choice..."manage this reservation".

Not sure if you can do it, but if possible, try to book select dining reservations for a cruise and see if the process is still painful.

Finally....and this one's easy....see if there is a way to see excursions for a cruise before you book it. That's just fundamental marketing, but missing from the current site. I have two cruises booked an no idea what kind of excursions might be available. I booked on faith....

Your our guy! If they release a new site and it's got problems we're all going to blame you who have a sneak peek :D:D

Archived