NCL SKY OFFICIAL REVIEW... Good and Bad

I will soon be posting my official review of the NCL SKY trip that I took from April 30th, 2012 - May 4th, 2012....

I absolutly love NCL and this was my 5th time on this particular ship so I have been around it many times... but there were some things I wanted to talk about and discuss that I feel were not up to par... as well as many things I absolutly enjoyed....

Please stay tuned!

This was my first cruise and ship in 2000 cant wait to hear from it. As you can tell the Sky made me love cruisin.

sea ya

Eric

Hal Westerdam March2012

Coral Princess Sep2011

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

She was my first cruise as well - Alaska in 2002 and 2003. Got an upgrade to a penthouse on the first one - got spoiled rotten. Finally getting a chance at the suite life again on the Pearl. - I have also done the POA in her first year of service. Would like to cruise on the Sky again - just don't like short cruises - you are just getting used to it when it's over :(

• 2 weeks later...
I will soon be posting my official review of the NCL SKY trip that I took from April 30th, 2012 - May 4th, 2012....

I absolutly love NCL and this was my 5th time on this particular ship so I have been around it many times... but there were some things I wanted to talk about and discuss that I feel were not up to par... as well as many things I absolutly enjoyed....

Please stay tuned!

A PREVIEW to a REVIEW:p

Can't wait to read it.

Sorry... Been out of the country and just got back to a computer... Will post tonight...

Hey, don't apologize! I'm just sitting here doing the pre-cruise obsessive thing, and can't wait to read it. Thanks for taking the time to do a review, I'm sure it's a bit of work!

Ok everyone here it is finally, my review of the NCL SKY from the cruise I took with 3 other friends on April 30th 2012- May 4th, 2012. I want to put a disclaimer in here... I don't know if people are going to try and rip this apart but I aboslutly LOVE NCL and the SKY... if I didn't I wouldn't have went on it 5 times. With that said this is my honest opinion and thoughts and I try to be constructive with everything I say good and bad.

I am going to break this down by days and do a little bit at a time as it is a lot of writing. I will try to do at least one post a day for the next week but I am starting on an RV road trip tomorrow and don't know if the camp sites will have wifi and this is too much to type on my phone, so bear with me in those regards.

DAY 1

Preboarding

I went on this cruise with 3 friends and myself, they all have accounts on here but don't post very often so you probably won't recognize their screen names, so they arn't important ;).

We were coming from Fort Myers Florida and boarding in Miami. It was only a 2 hour drive across Alligator Alley so we left that morning at around 7am. When we left it was very cloudy and overcast but no rain. I had previously checked the weather on weather.com and it had called for 40-60% thunder storms for the whole trip. When we got halfway across the alley the skys opened up and we couldn't see 10 foot ahead of our car so that slowed us down but we still made it to Miami. Once we arrived in Miami we went to go park the car. If you have never been to the port of Miami, they bend you over on parking, if I remember correclt it is around $20 a day. Well we used a website called portofmiamiparking.com which claimed to have $4.50 parking a day. I had read reviews on it and things didnt look too good but we were cheap college students ( or recent graduates ;) ) and we didn't want to spend the money if we didn't have to so we took the chance. The reviews said it was a half paved parking lot with bums outside of it... Well they were right... BUT the price is unbeatable. When we pulled up the guy asked for our proof that we paid online so they wouldn't tow our car, so if you park there bring your paper. There were SEVERAL very nice cars in there at the time including Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes, etc. and no one was/ had messed with them. I'm sure almost any of the off site lots you park at in Miami has the risk of vandalization or theft but hey, what can you do? Once we parked we hopped in a taxi for $10 and away we went to the ship (still pouring rain).

We arrived at the port and the porters rushed us out very quickly like always. A tip for first time cruisers, this is a very hectic and stressful place. Make sure you have your luggage already tagged with your name and room number or at least know your room number so the porter can tag it. Also make sure you have all your documents and identifications WITH YOU not in your luggage because this is where your luggage leaves you. So the porter took our luggage and we tipped him and off to the security building we went.

Once inside we had our bags scanned, we had two 12 packs of bottled water in our carry-ons and they automatically checked them. Just FYI, the scanners pick up presence of liquids so if you have a large amount they WILL check it for liquor contraband. Ours was just water and they let us though but for those of you who want to try and sneak liquor on don't do it... or be smarter about it (but I would never condone doing that ;) ). The lines were very short and very quick and we got our key cards printed right away and walked straight on to the ship.

To be continued tomorrow... I'm very tired and need sleep.

(the other posts will have pictures attached)

WHAT?

Are you kidding me? You make us wait 10 days for the review and we only get past the luggage sceeners????

NOT FAIR

You are teasing us.

Do we have to wait another 10 days to get on the ship? ;)

LOL -- at least he didn't give us 2-3 pages of pre-cruise details surrounding planes, trains, and automobiles!! :D

Tom

WHAT?

Are you kidding me? You make us wait 10 days for the review and we only get past the luggage sceeners????

NOT FAIR

You are teasing us.

Do we have to wait another 10 days to get on the ship? ;)

Lol, I'm still checking in to see the continuation of this review!!;)

The lovely Sky was my first cruise last August.........I hope things didn't go downhill after that......we had a fab time!

Maybe when I check in next, I'll find out!!;)

im sorry everyone im trying I really am... I actually have been just typing it all up on my computer...I havnt had internet in these campgrounds... as soon as I get internet Ill send the whole thing with pictures... (Im on my phone right now). Please just bear with me... Its been very very hectic... but Im still trying to get this done it just hasnt been as fast or smooth as I thought.

im sorry everyone im trying I really am... I actually have been just typing it all up on my computer...I havnt had internet in these campgrounds... as soon as I get internet Ill send the whole thing with pictures... (Im on my phone right now). Please just bear with me... Its been very very hectic... but Im still trying to get this done it just hasnt been as fast or smooth as I thought.

Don't sweat it -- if you are at a campground (vacation mode), you should not allow this review to add to any hectic sense.

We'll all be here waiting whenever you get around to posting the review! (of course, I may already be back from our Sky sailing by then, but that's OK! :D)

Tom

Archived