Carnival hikes fee to eat at cruise ship steakhouses

rockabutzer

Geesh all this fuss about a $5 increase, the first in almost 10 years... Whatever if you don't want to pay it don't go and have your steak in the MDR. Gah I'm tired of all the damn threads.. (and yes I skip over most of them that have "steakhouse" "fee Increase" or the like in the title) Its almost as bad as the loyalty program questions. [:)]

Geesh all this fuss about a $5 increase, the first in almost 10 years... Whatever if you don't want to pay it don't go and have your steak in the MDR. Gah I'm tired of all the damn threads.. (and yes I skip over most of them that have "steakhouse" "fee Increase" or the like in the title) Its almost as bad as the loyalty program questions. [:)]

Bingo!

I cannot believe all the fuss about a $5.00 increase in the steakhouse price. It is TOTALLY worth it. As a matter of fact, my wife and I are going tonight to Fahrenheit 555 on the Breeze as we sail towards Izmir, Turkey. THis is the first of three nights we have booked in the steakhouse!!!

Like.

And to top it off I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining never have or never planned on eating in the steakhouse anyway :rolleyes:

Better put on your flac jacket :D

Sticks and stones

May break my bones

But words will

Never hurt me. :p

Yes, we, the bearers of bad news, suffer the slings and arrows of those who are petty at best.

However, I agree with everyone, it is a small price to pay for a great experience. When DW and I were on the Carnival Pride last December, we dined at David's Steakhouse twice. It was worth every penny and much more. The steaks were great, the portions large, and if you went away hungry, it was your own fault.

So, all I was doing was relaying what I read in the USA Today. Which, by the way, according to the byline, had been posted only 25 minutes BEFORE I read the article. So it looked like fresh news. :D

Sorry for being repetitive. :)

Obviously, you didn't skip over this one? Why not?

Sorry that you are tired of all the damn threads. But anyone is free to post their opinion!

Here's hoping that you read only the best threads, and to your liking, in the future! ;)

I sympathise entirely!

Government/Federal Reserve -and the markets- lower the value of your Dollar

-so Carnival raises the numeric "value" of their goods and services!

You don't expect this to happen? -plus you don't want to pay the Fuel Surcharge?

Cruise ships don't run on buttons and good wishes, you know ;)

Obviously, you didn't skip over this one? Why not?

Sorry that you are tired of all the damn threads. But anyone is free to post their opinion!

Here's hoping that you read only the best threads, and to your liking, in the future! ;)

Don't worry about it, these are probably the same people that reckon they keep the auto tips and give large individual tips as well.

Capitalist company increases prices to offset higher cost.

Someone has to pay. It's probably justified.

All our food on land for everyday living has gone UP, why do we expect the cruiseline's cost NOT to go up?

I've never eaten in a specialty restaurant on board and likely never will, but it's just logic for rates to go up.

Although it is a 17% increase (if rounded up properly), it is still a deal. here's why.....

DW and I went to an upscale steakhouse (Flemings here in Tampa) the other night for my Birthday. DW had a small Filet, I had a moderate sized Ribeye, we shared a Ceasar salad, mushrooms, Augraten Potatoes, and a piece of Carrot cake, and a $30 bottle of wine. Our bill BEFORE tip was $179.00!!!!!! We had two cocktails each before Dinner, and with tip that was another $50.00. So, our night out was in excess of $260.00 The price of the meat alone was $82.00!

Lesson learned, $35 for the meal in the Steakhouse is a bargain!

Archived