Just got home... Cruising with Hurricane Sandy on Carnival Miracle...

dimppy70

Was cruisin with Hurricane Sandy on the Carnival Miracle.. Missed two ports and just got home today. Still feel like we are rocking on de boat!! :o) Glad to be home safely.

That'll probably last about a week!

How were your fellow passengers?

Good to hear you made it back safe, my brother his wife and their friends were also on that cruise. With you. I'm not sure how this storm is going to change the rest of his travel plans:eek:

Luckily we had a friend pick us up and it was only a three hour drive home. I can't imagine anyone who had to fly home. Flights are all messed up.

Where was your cabin? Forward, mid or aft? Did you notice a lot of seasick passengers?

I'd probably love a cruise like that, with an element of danger injected in it. Or maybe I'd be scared to death. I don't know! lol

Got anymore details for us? I'm glad you're back on dry land and enjoy your sea legs for a few more days. :p

We were in cabin #6172.. Midship... They had the barf bags out Thursday. Thursday was extremely rocky and you could tell the dining room wasn't as fool. I don't get seasick. My husband does, but took ginger the whole time and felt half decent. We had a pretty good mist of water splashing on our balcony Thursday evening, so you know we were rocking pretty good. Bummed we missed two ports, but glad we came back a day early and safely.

That'll probably last about a week!

How were your fellow passengers?

Probably won't be walking straight for a few days. LOL

I have to say I was disappointed in a lot of people. Very disrespectful to crew members. I know everyone was upset, but no reason to take it out on crew. It's mother nature.. not their fault. I'd rather miss ports and come home early safe then see any of us injured.

Carnival was nice enough to give us 50% off a future cruise, reimbursed port fees for the two ports we missed, missed excursions through carnival were reimbursed and we will be credited for th day that we missed returning early.

wow, you felt a mist on deck 6, those were some rough seas..... Welcome home!

Yes they were! Our last cruise we came back to 30 inches of snow and the boat was rockin' pretty good that time. But not near like this time. Glad to be home on steady ground. :)

I did the Pride in March of this year on deck 7. One day was pretty rough but I enjoyed it. We leave on her again for Christmas, doing the same cruise. I hope we only have one rough day again & no snow when we return.

You said the people were getting rude with the crew? Here's where I would treat them the same way they treated me. I couldn't hold my tongue, that's why I'm a machinist & no a waitress anymore! :p

Probably won't be walking straight for a few days. LOL

I have to say I was disappointed in a lot of people. Very disrespectful to crew members. I know everyone was upset, but no reason to take it out on crew. It's mother nature.. not their fault. I'd rather miss ports and come home early safe then see any of us injured.

Carnival was nice enough to give us 50% off a future cruise, reimbursed port fees for the two ports we missed, missed excursions through carnival were reimbursed and we will be credited for th day that we missed returning early.

I would be very happy with a future cruise credit. The credit on the ecursions is another good reason to book thru Carnival. At least you got o crusie for a few days. Better than none.

I did the Pride in March of this year on deck 7. One day was pretty rough but I enjoyed it. We leave on her again for Christmas, doing the same cruise. I hope we only have one rough day again & no snow when we return.

You said the people were getting rude with the crew? Here's where I would treat them the same way they treated me. I couldn't hold my tongue, that's why I'm a machinist & no a waitress anymore! :p

Hope you have an excellent cruise on the Pride! :)

I agree with you!! I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue! I'd probably be fired on the spot. I give those guys lots of credit for putting up with the different personalities and attitudes.

hi. glad you got home safe. how did you like the OS? does the couch open up? we are three people and thinking of the extra space and tub.

I'm glad to be home safely too. Now we just need to deal with the storm when it hits home.

I really like the OS. Lots of extra space and yes the couch opens up. You should be fine with three people in the room. Nice shower with the jacuzzi tub. And HOT shower too. Good size balcony with a lounge chair, two chars and a little table.

Archived