LIVE From the PG- the prequel

Emdee

I am tired of being tortured, bound, gagged and executed so am looking forward to happy times on this board and on board the PG.

And just in case someone wants to castigate me (again!) I am happy to tell all that I have received my first upgrade to a suite ever in 50 or so cruises on a host of lines. I guess statistically I was due. I have been told the retail value of the upgrade is $450 per person by a fellow passenger who was offered one last week. I will have to see how it compares to my favourite of all decks - Deck 4 and whether I miss the window ledge. I did when we were on deck 5.

My live postings will start next week after I finish my pre cruise at the Sofitel Moorea but I thought I would give new PG cruisers a little time to think of any questions they want answered about the ship, excursions etc and I will try and get this straight from the horses mouth.

Miriam

As a first time PG cruiser, I hope to give my first impression too! I am really looking forward to this experience as well as our couple days on Moorea at the Hilton. So, Miriam, when you see the new kids on the block with that mesmerized look on their faces - that would be us!

We're done packing and ready to go...

Sounds perfect Liz! I was planning to do it from the repeaters angle so new kid angle is good. Repeaters sometimes see things with rose coloured glasses and can be more forgiving so it will be good to see the same things but from a different perspective. See you on board.

If you are mesmerized it will be by the beauty outside ... that still mesmerizes me as I am sure it does Tiki!

Hi Miriam, I hope you are enjoying your stay in Moorea. I appreciate all of your (and all the regulars) information on this board.

I am just curious about the menus. I noticed you mentioned they are changing, or just did change. Are they different from the ones "Familygoboston" posted in her review? Those looked great!

Very excited about our first trip to Tahiti and the PG.

Steve

Hi Miriam, I hope you are enjoying your stay in Moorea. I appreciate all of your (and all the regulars) information on this board.

I am just curious about the menus. I noticed you mentioned they are changing, or just did change. Are they different from the ones "Familygoboston" posted in her review? Those looked great!

Very excited about our first trip to Tahiti and the PG.

Steve

Hi Steve

Chef Roy told me about the changed menus.they are the same as the one family posted. In any event I will photo all and post onmy site on my return.

DD tried to show me how to take IPad pictures but I am too old a dog.

One of my first tasks will be to ask that they make the Tahitian vanilla crime brûlée a standard item like steak or chicken.this is a signature dish enjoyed by one and all. Whatis the PG without it? Like bread without butter.

Posting from the relax lounge at LAX. For those who have the Priority Pass its free and very nice.

Hi Steve

Chef Roy told me about the changed menus.they are the same as the one family posted. In any event I will photo all and post onmy site on my return.

DD tried to show me how to take IPad pictures but I am too old a dog.

One of my first tasks will be to ask that they make the Tahitian vanilla crime brûlée a standard item like steak or chicken.this is a signature dish enjoyed by one and all. Whatis the PG without it? Like bread without butter.

Posting from the relax lounge at LAX. For those who have the Priority Pass its free and very nice.

That's great, thanks!

Miriam I will be most interested on your thoughts regarding the suite. I love deck 3 and that window ledge also. I have been upgraded to a deck 6 balcony cabin and as stupid as it sounds I hope I don't like that ledge better than a balcony!

ATN check in smooth. Upgrade to biz was 1025. So we stayed in coach. I may be getting too old and fat for this.

Patty from PG cruises was at airport to welcome us

She was delightful and we had a nice chat.

On to Moorea

Miriam

We are at LAX now but in the Skyteam lounge - should we move to the Relax lounge? We tried getting here early enough to get an exit row on ATN but there were none left. How is the weather there - and the forecast?

As for creme brûlée - I, too, will need that daily. It's always been my favorite dessert and I can only imagine the quality from the French Polynesia.

Liz

Wow $1025 for an upgrade. I remember when it was $700 ($800 from NYC on the non stop to PPT!) - I no longer think its worth it with the old tired biz class layout of ATN. We shall see when the finish all the upgrades this year. Miriam - you keep going on these cruises you WILL be getting too fat!!!!!!!!!! never too old.

Promise not to castigate;) Congratulations on your upgrade! I cannot see how you can miss that window ledge, there were so many cubbys and nooks in our cabin on 6 that I spent half a morning playing hide and go seek trying to pack my day bag;)

Yes, we looked into BC on ATN too, but it was ridiculous for how little improvement you get! Coach for us too.

Looking forward to tagging along with you, it will be a long time before our next PG cruise, but the repeaters is looking better for us. Just today DH and I were trying to decide how to accessorize our mantel (we've only lived here 12 years, can you tell we love decorating!:rolleyes:) and DH said we should have picked up a mask or something at the marche in Papeete for our mantel. So I reminded him that we could do that if we do the repeaters in. sept 2014 (what's another 2 years with an empty mantel:p)

Safe journey!

Shall let you know Twin.

I have been on 5 and missed the ledge.

8 is a bigger size so that's ok. I declined the regular balcony upgrade in favour of the ledge!

Emdee, we got upgraded once from our usual deck 4 window to deck 8. You will love it. And don't remember the secret deck's just down the hall!

I am tired of being tortured, bound, gagged and executed so am looking forward to happy times on this board and on board the PG.

And just in case someone wants to castigate me (again!) I am happy to tell all that I have received my first upgrade to a suite ever in 50 or so cruises on a host of lines. I guess statistically I was due. I have been told the retail value of the upgrade is $450 per person by a fellow passenger who was offered one last week. I will have to see how it compares to my favourite of all decks - Deck 4 and whether I miss the window ledge. I did when we were on deck 5.

My live postings will start next week after I finish my pre cruise at the Sofitel Moorea but I thought I would give new PG cruisers a little time to think of any questions they want answered about the ship, excursions etc and I will try and get this straight from the horses mouth.

Miriam

Ok, I have 3 for you (or any other PG experts)

1. We are doing an ATV tour the first day in Moorea. Can't decide on the second day..Lagoonarium? Teara beach? Mopeds?

2. Who are your favorite waiters on board?

3. Now im curious...whats the secret deck?:)

Thanks to all. Steve

1. Lagoonarium is nice! Mopeds are dangerous in Moorea

3. What? There's a secret deck :rolleyes:

Actually the 'secret' deck is a space that is use by the crew but is seldom is in use. It sits on deck 8 completely forward between the 2 suites.

You weren't supposed to tell them about the secret deck until AFTER the initiation! :eek:

So we are here at the Hilton Moorea looking at the Paul Gauguin anchored in the cove. It's just so beautiful here. MUCH better than Tahiti for us since we love nature. I can't believe we will be on that ship in two days but honestly, I can stay here for a bit longer too.

Now off-topic - but I also can't believe we booked this trip during the NFL championship games and we are flying home on Super Bowl. We flew all night last night not knowing how our Baltimore Ravens did during the championship game. I had my son text me so when we landed it was so exciting to find out we are heading to the Super Bowl. The next big decision is to figure out if we postpone our flight home from LAX until Monday morning. Life is good...

Archived