Paradise or Legend??

PlayfulTippy

Hello all! My husband and I are going on our first cruise to the western Caribbean at the end of October for my birthday. I have done a lot of research on here and have gotten many good tips so far!!

I have learned that both the Paradise and the Legend will be going to the same places at the same times we want to sail and I can't see a huge difference as to why we would choose the more expensive Legend over the Paradise? We have never sailed before so we have nothing to compare it to. I have watched youTube videos tours of both boats and can't seem to figure out which ship we would prefer, other than the Legend has a HUGE water slide that my husband would enjoy. But I don't think that slide would be worth the extra $200 it would cost for that ship. We are going to go with an interior room on whichever ship we choose so the balconies on the Legend don't mean anything to us.

All input is greatly valued and appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Paradise is 4 or 5 days only. Legend is 7. So depends on the number of days you want to travel.

I'm going on Paradise in September for the first time, but have sailed on the Legend twice. I love that ship!

Bottom line is numbers of days and number of ports (2 ports for Paradise and 4 for Legend).

I just checked and both ships are offering 5 day cruises in oct.

Yes, both are offering the 5 day cruise so I can't figure out which one to go with. The days of the week that we are gone isn't an issue either. I know the Legend is a newer ship but since this is our first cruise, I wasn't sure if it will be a case of "you don't know what you are missing" type of thing. Thanks again for looking!

The Legend is a beautiful ship. 100% pick that one. I may be wrong but I think she is going in for dry dock and they are doing 5 day cruises for a limited time when she gets back to Tampa. More the reason to take the Legend because if they dry dock her it will be clean and everything will be brand new. Like I said I don't know that for sure but I think that's the case.

Either way 100% the Legend. Paradise is very small with very few balcony rooms and we are balcony snobs. Once you cruise a balcony you will never go back. Haha good luck and enjoy.

Ship size should not play a role, since the Legend isn't significantly larger than the Paradise 88.5K Tons vs 70K Tons. I've sailed the Legend 3 times and the Paradise once (and her sister ship Inspiration once). My personal preference is certainly the Legend, but based on the OP's post, since she wants to stay in an inside cabin, it becomes less clear when talking about $200 extra for a 5 night cruise.

Legend still has some advantages still 1) Overall better layout, and while larger than Paradise (about 108ft longer) its capacity isnt all that much more, so overall is less crowded 2) the Legend has a Steakhouse, which is worthy going to one night and 3) the Legend's Serenity area on Aft Lido has a pool, and is larger than the Paradise's serenity area which only has two hot tubs and 4) the dry dock should add the Fun Ship 2.0 amenities to the Legend.

That said, for $40/day less, I'd probably take the Paradise.

Ship size should not play a role, since the Legend isn't significantly larger than the Paradise 88.5K Tons vs 70K Tons. I've sailed the Legend 3 times and the Paradise once (and her sister ship Inspiration once). My personal preference is certainly the Legend, but based on the OP's post, since she wants to stay in an inside cabin, it becomes less clear when talking about $200 extra for a 5 night cruise.

Legend still has some advantages still 1) Overall better layout, and while larger than Paradise (about 108ft longer) its capacity isnt all that much more, so overall is less crowded 2) the Legend has a Steakhouse, which is worthy going to one night and 3) the Legend's Serenity area on Aft Lido has a pool, and is larger than the Paradise's serenity area which only has two hot tubs and 4) the dry dock should add the Fun Ship 2.0 amenities to the Legend.

That said, for $40/day less, I'd probably take the Paradise.

I didn't say it was significantly bigger, just bigger, but yes that was a guess. Where are you seeing $40 a day less ? Interior to interior is only $40 difference total. $50 maximum, depending on dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Both ships the cabin will be identical. An inside cabin is extreme darkness 24 hours a day. BUT the Legend offers French Door cabins with an inside cabin price which will give you natural sunlight and fresh air for a lower price.

The LEgend is easier to get around-- where the Paradise has a dead end.

Both ships will offer the same dining menu. both ship have the same eating venues. pizza/ice cream. grill, etc

I have never sailed the Legend, but looks great. I have sailed the Paradise on two occasions and loved her both times. The Paradise is a great size ship, especially for a first cruise! Service is great and easy to get around. Getting on and off is a breeze also!!!!!! Either way you go, have a GREAT cruise!!!

brian

[ quote=shipty2;36737763]The Paradise is the ghetto-est ship I have been on 16 crruises. Pick the Legend.

i have been on 18 and ithought this about the Destiny.

goes to show ~different strokes for dfferent folks

We just returned from a 5 day on the Paradise last week.

I have never sailed the Legend, so I can't compare them.

I will tell you that there were 12 of us, ages ranged from 3 yrs old to 52 yrs old, about half were 1st time cruisers.

We all loved the ship, every ship and cruise line has it's own personality.

Most are more similar than they are different.

Everyone has their own opinions, and the only one that matters is yours.

Some folks might feel overwhelmed by a bigger ship, others want the biggest, baddest ship on the sea.

The Paradise is plenty big enough for a 1st timer. I don't believe you can go wrong either way.

Happy sailing which ever you choose!

You made a great choice because of the steak house option, and the greater passenger to space ratio and the new spruce up if so...just good not to have first cruise after a spruce up..it is not horrible,,,but be aware of inevitable mistakes putting things back together again...don 't let a little fix get to you if that happens...

Also do not let this stop you from checking out the Fantasy class later, Paradise being the newest ship on that group....she was my first Carnival cruise and best of only 2 so far, second being the Spirit...just the crew and personality and 2009 food quality,,,nice folks..passengers, silent 1a cabin on Empress...special everything, xtra spoil me's in nice spa massage area and sauna/showers afterwards... was perfect cruise...Sarah

Just my two cents, but I have been on The Legend twice the staff is amazing, the best in the fleet. I tried Paradise I was dissapointed we felt like it was our worst cruise/staff but........ If you look at the monthly ratings it usually comes in 3rd place fleetwide each month I have this face :eek:

No matter I still love my cruises :)

Just my two cents, but I have been on The Legend twice the staff is amazing, the best in the fleet. I tried Paradise I was dissapointed we felt like it was our worst cruise/staff but........ If you look at the monthly ratings it usually comes in 3rd place fleetwide each month I have this face :eek:

No matter I still love my cruises :)

Me too and I believe you..I had the bad apple on the favored Spirit...but so many things go into how things are with a ship at a specific time and where the servers are in that same time.

My cruise had some extra kids and Easter and my mind frame did not do well with the extra kids on each side of my inside vaulting the bed periods and the service issues on Easter jam packed and the soon to be major shift to southern hemisphere with ship...BUT the bottom line was still my mind frame...i just had a lot going on I did not set aside and truly came home to more tragedy in a few months...life lessons in living in the present and not letting big or little things take away form your trip..and very few things are "big"...well put contrasting comment...

OP you did good...I would have picked Legend or any Spirit class for my first. She is very well planned, plenty big, and has so many nice outlets in the right place...Cunard used same model for fancier venues and product...great ships..many say Carnival's best so far...

Archived