A day at Eagle Beach or the Renaissance?

alwaysfrantic

Pretty view. Nice water. Clean bathrooms.

Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach

The Amsterdam Manor is the best bargain around nowadays :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36777384&postcount=27

I got an email response from Amsterdam Manor this morning. They DO rent chairs to anyone for $15, which gives you use of bathrooms, beach shower, changing rooms, You can also buy drinks & food there at Passions. It is not possible to reserve chairs, & is subject to availability.

We've done both. Without question, we prefer the private island that the Renaissance offers. I don't like that I have to cross the road at Eagle in search of a bathroom.

IMO the private island is also much prettier. Love the adult beach. Quiet and scenic. Plenty of loungers and shade. About three hammocks. Well worth the money for us.

We've done both. Without question, we prefer the private island that the Renaissance offers. I don't like that I have to cross the road at Eagle in search of a bathroom.

IMO the private island is also much prettier. Love the adult beach. Quiet and scenic. Plenty of loungers and shade. About three hammocks. Well worth the money for us.

...and it is an easy walk to the Renaissance lobby to pick up the pass and get onto the boat to take you to the island.

There is no need for waiting for buses, or taxis to get you to Eagle beach ;)

You don't have to cross the street to get to a bathroom at AMBR. There are very nice porta potties there on the beach. They are not bad at all and I am picky about bathrooms.

Hi all, I am enjoying learning about the beaches in Aruba. It looks like the Amsterdam Manor is a great 'day' place. We will be in Aruba early March on a cruise and the day we are in port, there is only 1 ship. But it is also a Sunday which I gather many of the shops will be closed.

Do you think we would be fine if we went to the AM for the day, it sounds like we can't pre-book. We don't arrive in Aruba until 1:00 so I am thinking the earliest we would even get there would be 2:00 ish. I am not sure of the process for securing a chair once we get there.

Or, are we better to just head to Eagle Beach (that's the beach it is on, right?) when we can get off and see about renting chairs?

Are there a lot of people selling things on the beach?

Sorry, but one other question, if you just go the beach, are there washrooms that people can use.

Thanks for any help!

Jai

You don't have to cross the street to get to a bathroom at AMBR. There are very nice porta potties there on the beach. They are not bad at all and I am picky about bathrooms.

Perhaps the porta potties weren't there last year or I just didn't notice them. Thanks for the info.

Trying to confirm information from thread. Is the day rate at the Renaissance $150 for 2 to use facilities and does that include chairs for beach? Also, are there clean bathrooms at Eagle Beach and can you rent chairs/umbrellas there? We will also be arriving at port 1:00 in the afternoon and by the time we get to the beach figure it would be 2:00, likely off by 5:00-5:30. We had one other previous stay at the Marriott for a week

All thoughts or suggestions greatly welcome.

Yes, the private island at the Renaissance will run $75 pp.

You are better off heading to Eagle Beach and renting chaises from one of the vendors there and using the restrooms at the Amsterdam Manor or MVC Eagle Beach Resort.

If you use the search function on the upper right hand side, you will come up with a cost on chair rentals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If we are in Aruba from 1 -7 pm, is the Renaissance day pass worth it? Is there a half-day pass?

honestly i dont know if they have a half day pass. aruba has great shopping, although a little expensive (even the t-shirts lol). if you are not shoppers then maybe it will be worth it to go, although i would check and see what time the last boat is back to the hotel. that might be your deciding factor.

I can't say it's the best, since its the only place I went to in Aruba ( last month), but Eagle Beach is gorgeous! Take the public bus for $2.30 pp with many other cruisers, and it will drop you off at Eagle. There's a bar/restaurant, bathrooms, chairs nd umbrellas to rent. The water is crystal clear, though two cruisers complained of undertow, the sand powdery white, and its uncrowned nice it is o expansive. Plenty of shade too. I'd vote it most beautiful, but the horizon off St. kitts can't be beat....

• 3 weeks later...

For those arriving at 1PM in Aruba, take the bus or a taxi to the Amsterdam Manor. Taxi's take 4 people and it was reasonable; about $4 pp one way. Chairs at Amsterdam were $15 but down further to the left at LaCabana they were $10. We found shade under the trees, so no umbrella was necessary.

I wouldn't waste the time and money to use the Renaissance island for just a few hours. There should be chairs available at either Eagle or Palm beach mid-afternoon as others will be leaving the beach who arrived in the morning.

Archived