Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale

MaizerDay

We would like to stay there pre cruise next spring break. What is a good room price to look for? The only rooms available right now are on Embassy's web site for $259. Is that a good price for the time we will be going or should I wait and check hotels.com or somewhere else as it gets closer? Thank you!

We would like to stay there pre cruise next spring break. What is a good room price to look for? The only rooms available right now are on Embassy's web site for $259. Is that a good price for the time we will be going or should I wait and check hotels.com or somewhere else as it gets closer? Thank you!

They aren't going to be much cheaper. We stay there often, but use our reward points. Keep checking. It's a fabulous hotel. You will love it..

That hotel is very popular so if you are going during spring break and heavy cruising time, it will charge a lot and probably sell out if on a weekend. Book something now that you can cancel and then you can browse the other booking sites and watch rates the rest of the year. Also like stated, join their loyalty program and they might give it to you at 10 percent off.

You might too keep an eye on the beach hotels as the weather will be perfect for those.

We stayed there 3 times pre-cruise. Loved the happy hour and full breakfast but last time we stayed at Hyatt House at Dania Beach. We wanted to be closer to Hard Rock Resort and the rates there were much better. This time we are staying at Cambria Suites again in Dania Beach. It's close to the airport, shopping, restaurants and just a 2 mile cab ride to Hard Rock.

Embassy Suites is really nice but to me it was just getting too expensive for when we normally cruise. You probably aren't going to do much better unless you have points.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing a price of $142 with AAA for the night before our cruise in August. That looks good, but we have a couple of questions for those who have stayed there before.

• Is there a free shuttle from the airport?
  • What is the charge for the shuttle to the cruise port? They have a package with a rate of $169 where they include the transportation to the port. So I wonder which is better.
  • Do they charge for WiFi? How much?
  • And lastly....the Embassy Suites brand is typically geared toward business/convention travelers. So how is this hotel atmosphere-wise for families with young kids (11 & 8)?

TIA!

I'm seeing a price of $142 with AAA for the night before our cruise in August. That looks good, but we have a couple of questions for those who have stayed there before.

• Is there a free shuttle from the airport? Free if you buy it as part of a package, but not normally. Taxi is about $12.
  • What is the charge for the shuttle to the cruise port? They have a package with a rate of $169 where they include the transportation to the port. So I wonder which is better. Shuttle is $8pp. Taxi is $10-14, depending on which dock. Take a taxi, it is more convinient.
  • Do they charge for WiFi? How much? If you aren't a Hilton elite, $9.95/day
  • And lastly....the Embassy Suites brand is typically geared toward business/convention travelers. So how is this hotel atmosphere-wise for families with young kids (11 & 8)?

It has a nice pool. I wouldn't say this one was business oriented.

TIA!

See answers above in red.

• What is the charge for the shuttle to the cruise port? They have a package with a rate of $169 where they include the transportation to the port. So I wonder which is better.

TIA!

I found this regarding the amenities the link should take you to the page. It says they have local transportation. I can't remember if that included the airport shuttle. Its so close we have always just grabbed a cab so we wouldn't have to wait on the shuttle. My son is 13 we have stayed there with him twice I think he was 9 & 11. The pool is great for kids he loved the waterfall. You can also rent the game controller for the day, it wasn't much. This is also for alot of cruise travelers so more then just business.

They have free computers to use in the lobby. Wifi is free with Hilton Honors members not sure if there is another connection you can tap in to for free that's close by.

We would stay there again in a heart beat with our son. The times we have gone without him the rates are so much higher. Last time we stayed at Hyatt House and next time we are staying at Cambria Suites. Both of these are closer to the Hard Rock Resort and when we don't have our son we like to go there for dinner and fun.

Here is the link to the amenities page:

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-fort-lauderdale-17th-street-FLLSOES/about/amenities.html

TIA!

Embassy suites is great for both Families and Business Travelers.

I highly recommend that location in Fort Lauderdale.

The kids will enjoy the breakfasts.

Keith

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses and opinions. One last question....how chaotic does it get in the morning with everyone waiting on the shuttle(s) to the cruise port?

Best bet is just cab it to the ship. On YOUR schedule and to get away from the groups waiting for the shuttle. Many use cabs from here as it is a very short trip. Don't forget there will be folks checking in around 9:30-10:00 too, for their post cruise stays. So make sure you do your check out the night before.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses and opinions. One last question....how chaotic does it get in the morning with everyone waiting on the shuttle(s) to the cruise port?

Depends on when you want to go over. We asked for 10:30, and there was only one other couple on the shuttle. I am sure after 11am, it gets much busier. And that was on a winter Sunday, with 7 or 8 ships in port.

But, if you have any doubts, a taxi is a very good way to go.

If you are paying $259 for an Embassy Suites room,you could do so much better. PLEASE read reviews on this hotel. I would never pay that much to stay there. I think we only paid $219 a night for the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort early last year which was a full sized apartment. That hotel was so worth it.

We don't care about the breakfast and the happy hour, it's not that great so that makes no difference to us. I like a nice room with nice amenities and cleanliness. Please make sure you do your homework. This hotel is not all that great. Just my opinion and I'm currently a Hilton Silver Honors member close to Gold.

enjoy your trip..:)

Archived