Received invitation to Breakaway Inaugural Lunch in Southampton

Tiggertastic

Both my husband and I have received an email from NCL inviting us to attend the inaugural lunch of the Breakaway on 30th April in Southampton.

Not sure how far these invitations are being sent, however its an invitation just for the named person and platinum latitudes.

Has anyone else received this and planning on going

It's 300 miles each way for us to get there by car - is this too far for lunch?

My husband and I both received (separate) invitations.

I'd love to go (and it's not too far from London) but I have a work appointment that's been in the diary for over a month and I can't cancel it (and it's in Nottingham so completely in the wrong direction).

It's a shame as I've always been slightly against the idea of the bigger ships and this would have given us a taster.

Why not catch the ferry the day before from Newcastle over to Rotterdam - do the one night cruise to Southampton, stay on board for lunch - and take the cruise bus home - there IS a bus runs for cruise passengers all the way up. I know my in laws take it from Carlisle. Or take the train back. ? The 1 nighte followed by lunch next day would be fun mini break.

Both my husband and I have received an email from NCL inviting us to attend the inaugural lunch of the Breakaway on 30th April in Southampton.

Not sure how far these invitations are being sent, however its an invitation just for the named person and platinum latitudes.

Has anyone else received this and planning on going

It's 300 miles each way for us to get there by car - is this too far for lunch?

I should be very happy to get that invitation and I should fly from Sweden for it!

Hopefully they don't cancel the lunch which I think they did when the Epic got there.

Why not catch the ferry the day before from Newcastle over to Rotterdam - do the one night cruise to Southampton, stay on board for lunch - and take the cruise bus home - there IS a bus runs for cruise passengers all the way up. I know my in laws take it from Carlisle. Or take the train back. ? The 1 nighte followed by lunch next day would be fun mini break.

Good plan, except that the one nighter arrives in Southampton on the 29th so they couldn't stay onboard for lunch.

NCL have lots of travel agents to get drunk first.

We also recieved an invitation today! As I said before, I should be prepared to fly from Sweden to see the Breakaway and have lunch there but it's a little short notice!

We might book the Breakaway soon but really don't like the itineraries. The Southern Caribbean itinerary should be perfect but last time I looked, no "cheaper" suites were available.

I saw this title and I totally thought it was Southhampton as in the Hamptons in Long Island New York and kept thinking why would all the people from England be coming all the way here just for that?

Had you not wondered why it was going to take the Breakaway a week to get to New York from there?

:)

Please go if you can! I think it is a wonderful gesture on NCL's part. My daughter is living in Rotterdam and I couldn't talk her into going on the one-nighter to Southampton though I would pay for everything. Even told her to get all of her friends and I would pay for them too.

Please go if you can! I think it is a wonderful gesture on NCL's part. My daughter is living in Rotterdam and I couldn't talk her into going on the one-nighter to Southampton though I would pay for everything. Even told her to get all of her friends and I would pay for them too.

Does she needs some new friends? LOL. :D:D

Archived