Excited about my cruise and...

che5904

tired of all the negative.

Has anyone came back from a Dawn Western Caribbean that has anything good to say? Or photos they wish to share. Or port tips?

Our roll call is very very quiet. So not getting much enthusiasm from there.

Please :cool:

Our ports are: Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Belize City (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico);

Edited by che5904

tired of all the negative.

Has anyone came back from a Dawn Western Caribbean that has anything good to say? Or photos they wish to share. Or port tips?

Our roll call is very very quiet. So not getting much enthusiasm from there.

Please :cool:

Our ports are: Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Belize City (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico);

My roll call is a dud too. The most exciting post mentioned that 20 members of the Bobby Sherman:eek: fan club would be onboard.

My roll call is a dud too. The most exciting post mentioned that 20 members of the Bobby Sherman:eek: fan club would be onboard.

LOL well I do remember Bobby Sherman but I certainly didn't think he would still have a fan club.

Thanks for the smile.

Don't let CC make you feel worried about your cruise. There are a lot of people that live their life going out of their way to find negatives and don't look for the good parts. I'm sure you will have a great time!! The Dawn is one of my favorite ships.

Not worried at all, just getting rather depressed. When you want to get all hyped about a well waited for vacation and all you read are sour grapes.

I loved the Dawn back in 2009. That was before refurb but was on the Star after refurb so I figure they did pretty similar things to her.

We were on the Dawn on the repositioning cruise November 1- 15. It would be hard to come up with anything we DIDN'T enjoy. The food was plentiful and varied, the entertainment on this cruise was outstanding, and we really liked the ports and the excursions we took. (Ours was the eastern Caribbean itinerary.) At the last minute, we were bumped by NCL from a BA balcony to a mini suite, so we were very excited. This was our sixth cruise on the Dawn. She and her crew never disappoint us. We especially enjoyed La Cucina this trip. You are in store for a real treat!

Not worried at all, just getting rather depressed. When you want to get all hyped about a well waited for vacation and all you read are sour grapes.

I loved the Dawn back in 2009. That was before refurb but was on the Star after refurb so I figure they did pretty similar things to her.

Che, I haven't done the Dawn to Western, but have done Western, and was on the Dawn about a year ago. LOVED IT!

Had one of the new SJ suites, was beautiful. Ship looked great, crew were fun - as always.

You'll have a blast.

Stephen

I wouldn't worry to much about the negative comments. This will be our 5th I think time on the Dawn. Last time was before the refurb also. I will be on a cruise and I make my own good time. Never fret the small stuff. As for your roll call well sometimes they don't get lively until the last month. If you want come on over to ours. LOL I think sometimes it is just the group that is going at that time. Even when it was real slow well I just talked to myself. :o. People joined in. We now have a pretty busy roll call. Enjoy your cruise and your time away. The Dawn is a fantastic ship!

We will be on the Dawn 1-5-14. . I too am getting tired of all the negative reviews. This will be our first cruise / we are very easy to please people. We have been planning to go on a cruise for about 5 years. I have started my journal. And will be writing a review when we get back.

I wouldn't worry to much about the negative comments. This will be our 5th I think time on the Dawn. Last time was before the refurb also. I will be on a cruise and I make my own good time. Never fret the small stuff. As for your roll call well sometimes they don't get lively until the last month. If you want come on over to ours. LOL I think sometimes it is just the group that is going at that time. Even when it was real slow well I just talked to myself. :o. People joined in. We now have a pretty busy roll call. Enjoy your cruise and your time away. The Dawn is a fantastic ship!

LOL I never thought of crashing another roll call ;) But that may be just the way to keep the excitement up. Thanks for that tip.

I am doing quite a bit of talking to myself on my roll call! I am hoping it wakes up soon.

:p Will be on cruise with you and am really excited and can't wait to go. Our roll call is very quiet, no idea why. Have been on Dawn several times and love the ship. Always have a great time. Very much like the Star since renovation. Really think it is a bit better than the Star. The crew has always been great, always smiling and wanting to do something for you. We have never had a problem with the food, if it doesn't suit you, try something else. Martini clinics are waaay fun. Absolutely love the Dawn. :D:D

I will be on this cruise too and am "involved" in the roll call. I am very excited and at first wondered why our group was so small compared to other roll calls. I just chalked it up to people being busy. I'm sure we will all have a great time.

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cracked me up! Hey, at least it's something.

Mine's a dud too. I attributed to a lot of families being on board, since it's a holiday cruise. I just assumed a seasoned CC member would organize something; lesson learned!

We did this same cruise last year on the Star, sister ship to the Dawn. Had a great cruise and hope/expect you will do the same.

We've been to Roatan twice and love it. Tropical paradise island with beautiful sand and water and wonderful snorkeling. We don't always do ship excursions but highly recommend one of the NCL Tabyana Beach excursions. One includes the cost of snorkeling equipment, one doesn't. Both include transportation to and from the ship and lunch. There is no set return time, shuttles run fairly often back to the dock area. Snorkel equipment (and guide if you want one) are available. I was having trouble with my mask and was grateful for the guide and his little flotation device. He took us further out than we would have gone alone and the view was amazing. Here are a few photos

452e4597-c47d-4c6d-b89e-039b460b6a26_zps149f5f68.jpg

Shady lounge area

020313d8-fd86-430a-a066-cedd64be49b3_zps11786a74.jpg

Sunny lounge area

f6eb09d7-3a5a-473a-8d32-d1e1ff4a18e5_zpsb9035094.jpg

Tabyana Beach

c579a080-e91b-4537-b0d1-1cf31b07a1a0_zpsd1886804.jpg

If you want more action it is a short stroll down the beach to BananaRama and other beach bar facilities

5ee0f2b4-d98d-45de-a699-aa38d5220d4c_zps88992641.jpg

We did this same cruise last year on the Star, sister ship to the Dawn. Had a great cruise and hope/expect you will do the same.

We've been to Roatan twice and love it. Tropical paradise island with beautiful sand and water and wonderful snorkeling. We don't always do ship excursions but highly recommend one of the NCL Tabyana Beach excursions. One includes the cost of snorkeling equipment, one doesn't. Both include transportation to and from the ship and lunch. There is no set return time, shuttles run fairly often back to the dock area. Snorkel equipment (and guide if you want one) are available. I was having trouble with my mask and was grateful for the guide and his little flotation device. He took us further out than we would have gone alone and the view was amazing. Here are a few photos

452e4597-c47d-4c6d-b89e-039b460b6a26_zps149f5f68.jpg

Shady lounge area

020313d8-fd86-430a-a066-cedd64be49b3_zps11786a74.jpg

Sunny lounge area

f6eb09d7-3a5a-473a-8d32-d1e1ff4a18e5_zpsb9035094.jpg

Tabyana Beach

c579a080-e91b-4537-b0d1-1cf31b07a1a0_zpsd1886804.jpg

If you want more action it is a short stroll down the beach to BananaRama and other beach bar facilities

5ee0f2b4-d98d-45de-a699-aa38d5220d4c_zps88992641.jpg

Looks very relaxing, thanks.

Still have my autograped 8 x 10 of him. Haha.

I grew up in LA and gathered a few of those types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We were also on the dawn 11/1/13-11/15/13. Had a great time. Did feel the need to use cagneys, lacucina and lebistro more than usual. The main dining room menus did not thrill us this time on the dawn. We went to nachi cocom in Cozumel and had an awesome time even with the intermittent rain. We will definitely go there next time in Cozumel. $55 per person. All the food and drink you could ever want, great beach with very few people and a great pool with swim up bar and jacuzzi.

We were on the Dawn last season for the western cruise out of Tampa. It was one of my best cruises to date. It was so good I came back and booked the repo cruise on the Dawn for this coming April.

If you haven't already, look into Maya Chan in Costa Maya...it was the best beach day I have ever had on a cruise. I can't wait for the opportunity to go back.

Thanks for all the encouragement and helping me keep my excitement up. And thanks for all the port ex recommendations. We've only looked into the first 2 ports so far since we just booked this cruise, but I will keep the suggestions in mind when we look at those ports.