What is in the gourmet picnic lunch option for the Princess Cays bungalows ?

Orangefan

• 11 months later...
I would like to know what is included in the gourmet picnic lunch for the Princess Cays bungalows.

Thanks.

Sali

Here you go - hope this helps!

Guests can add a sumptuous gourmet picnic to the bungalow rental, featuring dishes such as Italian-style antipasti, lobster and mango salad, an artisan cheese board with tropical fruits and fig bread, plus an Island barbeque selection, and petite pastry selection.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Private-Beach-Paradise-Awaits-Princess-Passengers.html#.VYXVYsvD_qA

If you buy the meal be sure to get there early or you wont have time to eat everything they bring you. The lobster/mango salad is very good.

Sounds delicious. Wish they had something like that for the "cheap" seats. I would even be willing to pay $$. It would beat the almost warm BBQ chicken, burgers and dogs.;)

We already booked a bungalow for the three of us to help keep us, especially my 80+ year-old father, out of the sun. How/when can we order the meal? Didn't see that as an option on the Cruise Personalizer/Excursions.

Princess Cays was our first day....so we had to order the gourmet picnic on embarkation day at the ship's excursion desk. I think when we got to our cabin a form was already there (with our tender tickets) to order the lunch. Just fill it out and take to the desk. There is a drop box if not open. If form not in cabin there will be ones at the excursion desk.

We did not have the adult only premium bungalow....we had the regular one for $199.

Correct. They will have a form in your cabin to order the meal. It is a TON of food. The lobster/mango salad was amazing the one time I had it but just so so the next time. One of the courses is the one from the BBQ. If you order for two people, they bring two of everything. That's after about 3 or 4 courses before that. It's a lot of food.

If we tell them to bring less they pretty much ignored us. They always think more food is good.

• 3 months later...
Princess Cays was our first day....so we had to order the gourmet picnic on embarkation day at the ship's excursion desk. I think when we got to our cabin a form was already there (with our tender tickets) to order the lunch. Just fill it out and take to the desk. There is a drop box if not open. If form not in cabin there will be ones at the excursion desk.

We did not have the adult only premium bungalow....we had the regular one for $199.

How much was the lunch may I ask? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Rosie, I think its included with the $199 you spend on the rental. Only available to those who do.

Nope.

From the Princess web site:

This rental is sold by the bungalow. Please book per bungalow. Each bungalow can accommodate up to four guests. One ticket is valid for up to four people. Two additional people are allowed at $25.95 per person (sold onboard only). Passengers may be charged for any items removed from the bungalows. There may be a short wait for the motorized cart transfer to the bungalows. Please be advised that beach and ocean access is approximately a 3 minute walk. Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard. All bungalow rentals now include two complimentary float rentals. This rental is sold on a NO-REFUND basis after closing time for cancellation. Please see the posted time on the Tour Order Forms onboard.

Nope.

From the Princess web site:

This rental is sold by the bungalow. Please book per bungalow. Each bungalow can accommodate up to four guests. One ticket is valid for up to four people. Two additional people are allowed at $25.95 per person (sold onboard only). Passengers may be charged for any items removed from the bungalows. There may be a short wait for the motorized cart transfer to the bungalows. Please be advised that beach and ocean access is approximately a 3 minute walk. Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard. All bungalow rentals now include two complimentary float rentals. This rental is sold on a NO-REFUND basis after closing time for cancellation. Please see the posted time on the Tour Order Forms onboard.

That's why I said "I think". LOL. I looked too and couldn't find that. Thanks for the info.