Drinking in port?

britney7155

I am 18 & I'm cruising with carnival in September. Our destination is the Bahamas, where the legal drinking age is 18. While I know I can't drink on the boat until I'm 21, can I drink on the boat while it is in the port at the bahamas?

And also, can I drink during excursions and such?

Under 21, you cannot drink on the ship at all. You also cannot drink on ship sponsored excursions regardless of the drinking age in the port.

You can drink in the port on your own or on a privately arranged excursion.

I am 18 & I'm cruising with carnival in September. Our destination is the Bahamas, where the legal drinking age is 18. While I know I can't drink on the boat until I'm 21, can I drink on the boat while it is in the port at the bahamas?

nope. only on shore. the age on board never changes.

Of course you can drink in port.

As a young person who presumably is not accustomed to much drinking, be aware of your surroundings and only take enough cash for the day. Don't carry all your money ashore. Watch the time and be certain to return to the ship in plenty of time prior to sailing.

I can't tell you how many young, clearly inebriated cruisers we have watched racing down the dock long after they were expected to be aboard. Some were lucky and made it just in time. Others not so lucky and they did not get on the ship.

Be careful. :)