Solo cruising - credits?

Royal has modified this program, as well as C&A balcony discounts. If you are in a single supplement category you only get single points and half of the discount.

I booked my MIL on a Quantum 11 night in one of their SB balconies (smaller cabin designed for singles) and she only qualifies for a $175 balcony discount and will get single points.

Royal has modified this program, as well as C&A balcony discounts. If you are in a single supplement category you only get single points and half of the discount.

I booked my MIL on a Quantum 11 night in one of their SB balconies (smaller cabin designed for singles) and she only qualifies for a $175 balcony discount and will get single points.

Thanks for bringing this up..... OP didn't actually specify which ship or balcony...... I need to keep a mental note of this..... :)

You get double points if sailing solo in a double cabin. No double points for cabins designed for a solo passenger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call C&A if you aren't awarded double credits. I had to call after my B2B on Grandeur in May. However if you don't pay 200% for your cabin, you won't get double points.

Edited by Mystaken

Call C&A if you aren't awarded double credits. I had to call after my B2B on Grandeur in May. However if you don't pay 200% for your cabin, you won't get double points.

Is this correct? I booked myself in a double cabin (Grandeur) for March 2015. It was during the first BOGOHO that ended in May. I think my invoice says it is a C&A discount -- about $1020 for 8 days. Shouldn't I get double points?

As far as I understand the points policy, one gets double points as long as any amount of single supplement has been paid. I did have to email C&A after two cruises to get the double points after they originally only gave me single points. They did get it right after a couple of others, so keep an eye on those points.

You are mistaken. Yes, you do get bonus points if you pay whatever the single supplement price is. I've done it. Others have done it. Some of us qualify for 150% single supplement for most cruises except for the stated exclusions.

It has shown up in my account with the bonus points every time except for the first time last October when they hadn't updated their system to do the count correctly.

Gina

You are mistaken. Yes, you do get bonus points if you pay whatever the single supplement price is. I've done it. Others have done it. Some of us qualify for 150% single supplement for most cruises except for the stated exclusions.

It has shown up in my account with the bonus points every time except for the first time last October when they hadn't updated their system to do the count correctly.

Gina

Things have changed, I wish you were right. Same with the C&A balcony discounts The only way you get them is to pay double full price.

Not True. I just recently did a couple of cruises booked on a single rate and have gotten the double points. Only when booking a SB or SI state room.

As far as BOGOHO, those sailings for me are not till 2015 but i was assured multiple times by C&A that i will get credit for doubles.

Since they made the policy of double points for those paying a single supplement I have twice received the double points automatically and twice have had to email C&A to request them. In all cases I have received the double points and in all cases I did not pay 200% as I am eligible for the 150% maximum. The last time was in early June so if the policy has changed it is after then. I'm sailing again next month so I will see if they have modified their policy. If they have, it offers no added incentive to me to continue to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

Things have changed, I wish you were right. Same with the C&A balcony discounts The only way you get them is to pay double full price.

As recently as May I got the bonus points automatically.

I'll get them this month since this is a black out month for the 150% single supplement for D+. I'm paying the full 200%.

I only book an interior or OV room when cruising alone. That way I can use my shareholder benefit of $50 for a 3 or 4 night cruise.

I don't plan on any more solo cruises so I guess I won't find out first hand if anything has changed. But I've done quite a few between October and May and always got the bonus without an issue except for the first time.

Gina

Thank you for bringing this up, since I've been wondering about it myself. I also have a balcony reserved for just myself, and paid 200%. So it seems only fair that if I'm paying double I should earn double. But I will keep an eye out after the cruise and if it doesn't happen automatically it sounds like a simple friendly phone call will take care of things. Thanks!

Not true. Unless it is one of the special "single" cabins, you will get your double points, regardless of the price that you paid.

I agree with Carol (Merion_Mom). It all depends on the cabin category. The SI and SB cabins are single cabin categories and get single points. Everything else is considered to be a double cabin and get double points if occupied by a solo cruiser. The single supplement percentage actually paid has nothing to do with it.

The reality is that on any cruise, people pay widely varying cabin rates and if they sail, they all get one point per day unless they sail solo where they get 2 points per day. If four people share one cabin with the third and fourth person getting significantly discounted rates, they all get one point per day. If people pay extra for a JS and up, they are rewarded with an extra point. It's a simple system that at some point the RCL IT department may actually be able to handle properly, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Gina

Would you be so kind as to tell me how one qualifies for the 150% single supplement rate?

I was recently widowed and have a B2B scheduled for next summer. If I can't find a travel buddy, I'm faced with the supplement.

Would you be so kind as to tell me how one qualifies for the 150% single supplement rate?

I was recently widowed and have a B2B scheduled for next summer. If I can't find a travel buddy, I'm faced with the supplement.

Once you accumulate 340 or more points in C&A, you are entitled to 150% single supplement, with some exceptions:

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Edited by clarea

What Bob says. I have enough cruise points to qualify. It takes a little time and effort to get them to apply it. They seem to be getting better at it.

Gina

I sailed solo in an inside cabin on Majesty last November and only paid 150% and got the double points automatically. I also sailed solo on Enchantment in July (three weeks ago) in an inside cabin (paid 150% again). The double points were posted about a week and a half after getting back. I have been getting the extra points without having to pay a full 200%.

Once you accumulate 340 or more points in C&A, you are entitled to 150% single supplement, with some exceptions:

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Bob, what's an Ocean voyage package? Never heard of that before.

Bob, what's an Ocean voyage package? Never heard of that before.

I believe that is what Royal is calling transatlantics and transpacifics now. Though I don't know if the word "package" has any signficance.