if scotland leave the uk.

morecambe13

been asked many times since the announcement that they were painting the union flag on sides of ships on many cruise forums and nobody knows the answer even Christopher Edgington didnt answer when I asked last week on Q&A he participated in on cruisecritic last week.

Edited by majortom10

No reason why the UK flag cannot have blue in it just because the Scots choose to leave. If Scotland leaves the UK, leave the flag alone in all its incarnations including on the prow of P&O ships - its been the symbol and brand of our country for more years than Alex Salmond has brain cells, why should we be required to even consider changing it.

I hope that the Scots realize that they will be best served by staying within the UK but if not, then the rest of us should just carry on with as little change as possible.

Interestingly if they do choose to leave the UK the Scots may regret the fact that their flag has a big white cross on it. It may serve as a painful reminder of the voting mistake they made!;)

No reason why the UK flag cannot have blue in it just because the Scots choose to leave. If Scotland leaves the UK, leave the flag alone in all its incarnations including on the prow of P&O ships - its been the symbol and brand of our country for more years than Alex Salmond has brain cells, why should we be required to even consider changing it.

I hope that the Scots realize that they will be best served by staying within the UK but if not, then the rest of us should just carry on with as little change as possible.

Interestingly if they do choose to leave the UK the Scots may regret the fact that their flag has a big white cross on it. It may serve as a painful reminder of the voting mistake they made!;)

How can it stay the same the Union Flag is the flag of the UK which if they vote for independence Scotland will no longer be part of.

How can it stay the same the Union Flag is the flag of the UK which if they vote for independence Scotland will no longer be part of.

Scotland may no longer part of the UK, but the UK will still be the UK.

And there is no way any UK politician is going to change the "brand logo" of the UK.

This is about P&O's logo.

Why would you want to turn it into a political discussion?

A vote as big as this one, which affects not just Scotland is always going to veer into politics.

Moving forward...

As I said in the other thread about this subject last week; if there is support for the flag to change (if Scotland leave) then there will be no end of focus groups and committee meetings before we even get a decision on a new flag. I'd hazard a guess that you're looking at 18 months to two years before the nation gets to choose.

So, you can look at it two ways. P&O either wait and see... or paint the Union Jack on the ship regardless and then paint the new one on the fleet if it ever comes to that.

The likely option; they'll press ahead with their plans.

Ok I apologise for the snipe at Alex Salmond on a cruise board, it was uncalled for but soooo difficult to resist. The flag however should stay as it is and P&O should press on regardless. Hopefully by Friday the question will be irrelevant.

Edited by scifimonkey

Ok I apologise for the snipe at Alex Salmond on a cruise board, it was uncalled for but soooo difficult to resist. The flag however should stay as it is and P&O should press on regardless. Hopefully by Friday the question will be irrelevant.

Much appreciated. It is a very sensitive time and as a Scot who is very proud to be British I do hope you are right about Friday.