CARNIVAL DREAM vs RCI OASIS

CRUZwithmebaby

Hi everyone!

I'm planning another family reunion for July 2015. Last year I traveled with about 40 family members on their first cruise ever on the NCL Breakaway! Not surprisingly, they are hooked! So now they wanna cruise again!

I'm trying to decide between the Carnival Dream vs RCI Oasis.

Based on the ship alone, do you guys have any feedback to help my decision? The Dream is about $500 less than the Oasis at this point

Thanks so much in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the age range of the gathering?

Keith

Keith1010 , it's definitely a mixed group.

We will have:

Under 2yrs: 1 person

Between 6yr-18yr: 8 people

Between 18-21: 5 people

Early 30's : 10 people

In their 40's: 10 people

Late 50's/early 60's: 7 people

Thanks for your help!

The Oasis is quite unique and it the closest to being a floating resort with so much to do. For this age group is can be a lot of fun. The destination would clearly be the ship.

I would also be sure to read cruise reviews in the member review section of Cruise Critic.

Keith

I have been on both and without hesitation I recommend the Oasis. Dream was one of the most crowded ships I've ever been on, and the entertainment was nothing to write home about. Plus, the ship was nothing more than a bigger version of all Carnival's other ships. Oasis on the other hand is unique and has a Broadway production on board (Cats), along with the ice shows and Aqua Theater shows. And the ship itself is amazing. You'll be in awe the entire week.

I have been on both and without hesitation I recommend the Oasis. Dream was one of the most crowded ships I've ever been on, and the entertainment was nothing to write home about. Plus, the ship was nothing more than a bigger version of all Carnival's other ships. Oasis on the other hand is unique and has a Broadway production on board (Cats), along with the ice shows and Aqua Theater shows. And the ship itself is amazing. You'll be in awe the entire week.

Thanks Cruzaholic! I really wanna go on The Oasis. Just gotta sell it. We have some families of 5 and up that I'm worried about. The cost may be too much for them.

The Dream is about $500 less than the Oasis

It's $500 less and it will feel like its $500 less. We sailed on both the Dream and the Allure (Oasis' sister) within months of each other, and while we enjoyed both, the Allure was beyond amazing. The Dream was just nice.

I have reviewed both sailings. Links are in my signature. Hope they are helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Thanks Cruzaholic! I really wanna go on The Oasis. Just gotta sell it. We have some families of 5 and up that I'm worried about. The cost may be too much for them.

Shop around for a good TA, with a group that large you may be able to get one cabin at no charge..happy cruising.