Wild Welcome to Melbourne.....

Just realised that Diamond Princess was also in Bass Strait this morning around the same time as Serenity so I guess they would have been thrown around a bit too. Diamond's on her way from Hobart to Adelaide.

Just realised that Diamond Princess was also in Bass Strait this morning around the same time as Serenity so I guess they would have been thrown around a bit too. Diamond's on her way from Hobart to Adelaide.

Here is a post from a friend on the Diamond

Oh boy what a night we have been battered with gale force winds since we left Hobart we had to leave there 5hours early due to the 7mtre swell and altered course to miss it but we are in it now. Had only a few hours sleep last night and woke up at 3am to broken glass in our cabin. Captain has advised that all morning shore tours have been cancelled for Adelaide as we are not sure now when we will arrive as we have had to slow down. In all our cruising have never had such a rough time at sea, the best place to be is to lay day and sleep.

Tanya

Thanks for the update .

My first thoughts were that Diamond being so big she would ride through it all. Must have been some storm to knock her about like that.

Trust they make Adelaide OK.

Next problem ..I think that storm is the one that they are predicting to hit NZ at the weekend. ..... Oh Boy.:eek:

Thanks for the update .

My first thoughts were that Diamond being so big she would ride through it all. Must have been some storm to knock her about like that.

Trust they make Adelaide OK.

Next problem ..I think that storm is the one that they are predicting to hit NZ at the weekend. ..... Oh Boy.:eek:

Hold on tight David and batten down the hatches.:eek: