Kosher products on the Allure

We are going to sail on the Allure on June.

Do you know about any kosher products that can be find at the dining venues of the ship.

We have already ordered kosher meals in adavance, but we are looking for any kosher food products like ice cream or any other food products beside the pre packed kosher meals.

Do you have an e -mail of the ship, which i can contact and check this issue?

Thanks

Do you know about any kosher products that can be find at the dining venues of the ship.

We have already ordered kosher meals in adavance, but we are looking for any kosher food products like ice cream or any other food products beside the pre packed kosher meals.

Thanks

You can reach out to rcldining@rccl.com. This is the Food and Beverage Department in the Home Office.

From my personal experience: There are yogurts, and packaged single serving breakfast cereal in the WJ and available through the dining room (I would imagine) and at times individual granola bars. I believe all of them are labeled with a kosher certification. They have soft serve frozen yogurt on the pool deck in a machine, but depending upon your personal observance of 'kashrut' -- you may or may not be comfortable with that, depending upon what the food and beverage department tells you about the supplier. I have never seen individually wrapped ice cream bars of any type on a ship. Ice cream is available from the main dining room, but it is not individually wrapped from the manufacturer.

Other cruisers may be able to add more information.

I have seen people, sometimes even a large table, with many packaged food containers, either in the WJ or in the Main Dining Room.

So, I believe they have the food items on hand if they know ahead of time.

I guess ask and ask.... and see what they have on board. It could take some time as it took weeks on our B7B before I found all the Gluten Free foods available? I asked too!!! Our last week I found out they had GF hamburger buns in packages brought on board.

Edited by CVU

We have already ordered kosher meals in adavance, but we are looking for any kosher food products like ice cream or any other food products beside the pre packed kosher meals. Do you have an e -mail of the ship, which i can contact and check this issue?

Thanks

I have seen people, sometimes even a large table, with many packaged food containers, either in the WJ or in the Main Dining Room. So, I believe they have the food items on hand if they know ahead of time.

I guess ask and ask.... and see what they have on board. It could take some time as it took weeks on our B7B before I found all the Gluten Free foods available? I asked too!!! Our last week I found out they had GF hamburger buns in packages brought on board.

There are many people who only eat kosher food and order kosher meals that can be served either in the MDR or WJ and based on what the OP has said, they have already ordered them. I would hope that the Food and Beverage department that I suggested they reach out to via rcldining@rccl.com could be helpful in providing them a list of prepackaged items that are brought onto the ship which are kosher. I listed the types of foods that I have seen on ships, that I know are kosher from the labeling on the food item itself. A strictly kosher observant individual would not eat anything prepared in the galley on board.

Thanks

You can also check with the maitre d when you board the ship if you don't hear from the dining people before you board. The stores have a limited supply of packaged foods. They carry some snacks that have the stamps on them. but I have not seen any packaged meals. During breakfast, the Windjammer has packaged cereals and yogurts.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can also check with the maitre d when you board the ship if you don't hear from the dining people before you board. The stores have a limited supply of packaged foods. They carry some snacks that have the stamps on them. but I have not seen any packaged meals. During breakfast, the Windjammer has packaged cereals and yogurts.

Enjoy your cruise!

We saw a family in the WJ and a big group in the MDR and they all had packaged food in food containers etc. So, heated up in those I presume too. One would go to the counter and come back with the small packaged containers in the WJ for her family, that were heated.

There was a large group on board, so they were aware before they came on I would think!!

Enjoy your cruise!

I would certainly NOT wait till you are on board, but would inquire with dining or special needs prior to boarding.

OP - you may bring pre packaged, sealed snack items on board. I know many do this in situations where there are special dietary needs.

OP - also be aware that if you plan to attend a Shabbat service ( generally passenger led), the cruise line will provide a challah but it is prepared in their kitchen and may not meet your dietary requirements.

enjoy

M

This is the kosher menu as served on Adventure of the Seas a couple of years back.

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

There needs to be some clarification as it relates to these menus....for many people these 'kosher menu items' would not be 'kosher enough' because they are 'prepared in the our galley for your dining pleasure and will be served with plastic chinaware. Please note that these dishes are not prepared under strict kosher supervision' (copied from the menu provided). HOWEVER, people needing a strictly kosher diet CAN order meals that will be made 'prior to the sailing' under full kosher supervision and heated up and served to the cruiser on the ship.

What I believe the OP is asking about is there OTHER food that is kosher that might be available on the ship? I have given them, what I have personally seen (and I understand Kashrut very well personally), and suggested that they reach out directly to the Food and Beverage department in the Royal Home Office, via rcldinig@rccl.com or via the company's toll free number then specifically ask for the Food and Beverage Department.

Different people observe the laws of kashrut differently and the menu provided may be good enough for some, and not good enough for others.

• 1 year later...

Hi, we sailed ncl cruise lines and they always allowed us to give our kosher shredded cheese to the cook to replace theirs on items like pizza or pasta with cheese, did any body do this on Royyal carribean cruises? Also Norwegian cruise line had kosher frozen chicken in stock and would season it with only salt , pepper and olive oil and would double wrap it when cooked anybody knows if royal carribean has the same?

The way I read the menu, only the items with the * are prepared in the kitchen.

There needs to be some clarification as it relates to these menus....for many people these 'kosher menu items' would not be 'kosher enough' because they are 'prepared in the our galley for your dining pleasure and will be served with plastic chinaware. Please note that these dishes are not prepared under strict kosher supervision' (copied from the menu provided). HOWEVER, people needing a strictly kosher diet CAN order meals that will be made 'prior to the sailing' under full kosher supervision and heated up and served to the cruiser on the ship.

What I believe the OP is asking about is there OTHER food that is kosher that might be available on the ship? I have given them, what I have personally seen (and I understand Kashrut very well personally), and suggested that they reach out directly to the Food and Beverage department in the Royal Home Office, via rcldinig@rccl.com or via the company's toll free number then specifically ask for the Food and Beverage Department.

Different people observe the laws of kashrut differently and the menu provided may be good enough for some, and not good enough for others.

Hi, we sailed ncl cruise lines and they always allowed us to give our kosher shredded cheese to the cook to replace theirs on items like pizza or pasta with cheese, did any body do this on Royyal carribean cruises? Also Norwegian cruise line had kosher frozen chicken in stock and would season it with only salt , pepper and olive oil and would double wrap it when cooked anybody knows if royal carribean has the same?

Sorry, but this sounds really weird. First, I've never known any establishment- on land or sea- which would allow a 'foreign' ingredient into their kitchen. Second, if kosher is so important to you that you only eat kosher cheese, then what the heck are you doing eating anything that is prepared in the regular ship's kitchen (e.g. pizza or pasta)?! Do you know for sure that they actually used the cheese you gave them? How about the pizza sauce- are you certain it didn't contain any animal products? That chicken- what utensils was it cut with?

Having said that, I do realize that many people do not follow the rules of kashrut 'to the letter'. But the insistence on kosher cheese indicates that you lean more towards those who do....

I have never heard of Royal allowing people to bring on board their ships their own food provisions as you describe such as 'kosher shredded cheese'. Everyone (including myself) handles their personal observance of Kashrut observance differently and as brought up by others, how comfortable are you with the utensils that are being used as well as how could you possibly be sure that only your cheese was being used and not any other.

For an answer reach out to the Food and Beverage Dept via email at rcldining@rccl.com.

Recently on Celebrity (which is also an RCI company), they prepared salmon, double wrapped in foiled, baked in their oven, Nothing added to the fish. They also prepared steamed in foil vegetables with nothing added. Also, green salad. We brought our own bottle of kosher salad dressing. Everything was arranged prior to the cruise and then reconfirmed in the MDR at the start of the cruise.

Recently on Celebrity (which is also an RCI company), they prepared salmon, double wrapped in foiled, baked in their oven, Nothing added to the fish. They also prepared steamed in foil vegetables with nothing added. Also, green salad. We brought our own bottle of kosher salad dressing. Everything was arranged prior to the cruise and then reconfirmed in the MDR at the start of the cruise.

I have no doubt that what you describe could be arranged and if you bring unopened bottles of salad dressing on board that can be pre-approved, especially if you are keeping the salad dressing in your cabin. It may even be simple to have your waiter refrigerate the salad dressing with your table number emblazoned on it, like they do when they are chilling wines for a table on subsequent evenings. As long as you are content with salmon (or other kosher fish such as tuna for example) for your entire cruise that works for you.

What CruiserMouse is suggesting is to bring kosher packaged cheese and have it kept in the galley for their use only. First of all, that could be a logistical nightmare, since there are many many people who participate in food preparation and making sure it is kept for only one cruisers use, could be difficult and secondarily, as it relates to kashrut their are issues to consider that might 'contaminate' their cheese.

I have travelled once on NCL and six times on RCI-Celebrity and on all trips they tried to accommodate me as best as they could. They would bring me labels and boxes from the storage rooms and recipe books with product ingredient labels in it so I could see what was Kosher or not. You can search for my detailed reports on their forums.

I have learned that if you are a very strict observer of Kashrut it is very hard to eat any cooked food that is not from the prepared Borenstein-Sterling-or Weberman's meals. They do try to do it right but they are not Masgichim (Kashrut supervisors) and they do get things wrong and you cannot blanketly trust them even with the so called "Kosher items"

Many times my double wrapped salmon would be single wrapped despite me telling them more than once to double wrap it. Once on NCL they could not find the packaged chicken so they made a whole chicken in double foil. Whose chicken was it, where was it washed prepared etc? Your guess is as good as mine. Of course I returned it.

I have heard of people bringing a frying pan and getting permission to have it used at the omelette station, and others bringing a pot for rice or pasta.

The bottom line is you should never go hungry as there is usually hot Kosher packaged meals available and other approved packaged items and I agree that everyone is his own Rabbi when it comes to the fresh items

I have travelled once on NCL and six times on RCI-Celebrity and on all trips they tried to accommodate me as best as they could. They would bring me labels and boxes from the storage rooms and recipe books with product ingredient labels in it so I could see what was Kosher or not. You can search for my detailed reports on their forums.

I have learned that if you are a very strict observer of Kashrut it is very hard to eat any cooked food that is not from the prepared Borenstein-Sterling-or Weberman's meals. They do try to do it right but they are not Masgichim (Kashrut supervisors) and they do get things wrong and you cannot blanketly trust them even with the so called "Kosher items"

Many times my double wrapped salmon would be single wrapped despite me telling them more than once to double wrap it. Once on NCL they could not find the packaged chicken so they made a whole chicken in double foil. Whose chicken was it, where was it washed prepared etc? Your guess is as good as mine. Of course I returned it.

I have heard of people bringing a frying pan and getting permission to have it used at the omelette station, and others bringing a pot for rice or pasta.

The bottom line is you should never go hungry as there is usually hot Kosher packaged meals available and other approved packaged items and I agree that everyone is his own Rabbi when it comes to the fresh items

My rabbi, who follows kosher food laws extensively, has cruised. Royal provides a menu for him to choose in advance what premade kosher meals he might want. They do not limit his choices nor number of meal options, since no one really knows what they will want several weeks in advance. It gets reheated in the microwave in the kitchen and served to him, well wrapped in its plastic and served on plastic plates and with plastic utensils.

Everyone has there own level of comfort/observance in their universe -- Royal has made arrangements to provide meal service and if they are willing to go further and be more adaptable for a specific cruiser that is wonderful. I imagine there is a line over which they will not go, however. I have no idea what that would be.

My rabbi, who follows kosher food laws extensively, has cruised. Royal provides a menu for him to choose in advance what premade kosher meals he might want. They do not limit his choices nor number of meal options, since no one really knows what they will want several weeks in advance. It gets reheated in the microwave in the kitchen and served to him, well wrapped in its plastic and served on plastic plates and with plastic utensils.

Everyone has there own level of comfort/observance in their universe -- Royal has made arrangements to provide meal service and if they are willing to go further and be more adaptable for a specific cruiser that is wonderful. I imagine there is a line over which they will not go, however. I have no idea what that would be.

Agreed 100%. I always got the menu in advance and got unlimited meals as long of course as there still was inventory. The Maitre D of the MDR and Buffet would always try to help and that is one of the reasons that I stayed Loyal to Royal