Anyone booked with CruiseNext Ultimate on board?

Kkate

Looking to hear from anyone who has booked onboard with the new CruiseNext Ultimate program. I have been told two different things and would like to hear what the true benefits are.

We have purchased two certificates at $250 a piece and received $125 back for each. It's like purchasing one and getting one for free. A friend booked a tentative Alaskan cruise. It secures them of the down payment of $250 and guarantees them with a choice of an ultimate package

We have purchased two certificates at $250 a piece and received $125 back for each. It's like purchasing one and getting one for free. A friend booked a tentative Alaskan cruise. It secures them of the down payment of $250 and guarantees them with a choice of an ultimate package

This is copied and pasted from NCL website (link follows). I'm only quoting the CruiseNextUltimate portion

"

Select Your Ship And Sail Date

CruiseNext Ultimate

Know where you want to go? Place 1, 2, 3, or 4 deposits on specific future cruises*** while onboard and enjoy up to $500 FREE onboard credit to spend. PLUS your choice of one of these four FREE offers on your next cruise:

1 Ultimate Beverage Package 2 Ultimate Dining Package 3 250 Minute Internet Package 4 $75 per port Shorex Credit

And what's more, on select sailings Friends and Family sail free! Also, as part of our CruiseNext Program, you can book The Haven with a reduced deposit of $500 and all four offers above are included.

"

Couple of questions that don't seem to be addressed in the terms and conditions

1) are above choices only for those booked Oceanview up to suite level or do they also apply to insides and/or studios ??

2) if there is a current promo going on (like there is right now) do you get your choice of one of the promo offers from current promo as well as choice of CruiseNext promo offer ??

Here is link to NCL website page

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-rewards

Do you have to buy 2? Or can you only get one if you want?

Couple of questions that don't seem to be addressed in the terms and conditions

2) if there is a current promo going on (like there is right now) do you get your choice of one of the promo offers from current promo as well as choice of CruiseNext promo offer ??

Here is link to NCL website page

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-rewards

kjquilts this is one of the questions I have. I called NCL and was told no - just whatever promo was on at the time you book. Another cruiser said that she went to the meeting on board and they said you get to pick UBP or UDP plus one from the current promo. Who's right? It doesn't make sense to me for there to be no benefit whatsoever to booking onboard. Why would anyone bother and why would they pay to have a PCC on every ship?

The unlimited part means that you pick a vacation that you may want to go on in the future put your $250 on it and pick ONE of the choices they have either UBP, UDP, Wifi or excursion credit. If you decide to change the vacation/ship/date you can do so and still keep your Choice option even if it's not available at the time of the change. If you decide that the vacation/ship/date you originally chose does not work and want to change it, you can do so and the $250 on board credit and your choice will transfer over to that new cruise BUT that is now the last time you can use your $250 on board credit or choice.

Looking to hear from anyone who has booked onboard with the new CruiseNext Ultimate program. I have been told two different things and would like to hear what the true benefits are.

Anyone?

• 2 months later...

Could someone please confirm what NauticalSmile wrote about making a change to your cruise?

If I purchase a cruisenext ultimate certificate and lock in a future cruise date, I can make one change to the date and still be able to get one of the 4 free offers.

Thanks

ok.. I hope this helps. I bought two future cruise rewards. Whatever the current promotions are NOW, that is what you CAN get. If you don't have a date in mind, she/he will book you on a fake cruise 4 years out. I truly wanted an inside room next March, and that room gets a soda package. I have no plans for my next cruise and did not care if I got a promotion or not, so I did not have her make a fake reservation.

If you don't know when you want to cruise, they could set you up with a Balcony in 4 years and you could pick the promotion you could get today. You can cancel the future cruise reward ONCE and keep the promotion, if you cancel it twice, you are left with a regular cruise reward and just the regular promotions that are happening at the time you book.

I think the idea is...... Next you there might not be the UBP, or the UDP promotion and if you buy the cruise reward now, you can keep it.

Could someone please confirm what NauticalSmile wrote about making a change to your cruise?

If I purchase a cruisenext ultimate certificate and lock in a future cruise date, I can make one change to the date and still be able to get one of the 4 free offers.

Thanks

In speaking with NCL you can indeed make one change and keep the selected perk. I was also told that the Ultimate at this time also does apply to Insides which is a nice bonus.

I plan on booking 2 Next Ultimate vouchers on our November cruise and booking 2 insides for our Thanksgiving 2016 cruise. I will post update then, although I know it is still 75 days away!

In speaking with NCL you can indeed make one change and keep the selected perk. I was also told that the Ultimate at this time also does apply to Insides which is a nice bonus.

I plan on booking 2 Next Ultimate vouchers on our November cruise and booking 2 insides for our Thanksgiving 2016 cruise. I will post update then, although I know it is still 75 days away!

Somebody gave you the wrong info. When I booked Cruise Next Ultimate last week on the Jade, it was Oceanview and higher to get the UBP ... insides would have only gotten the soda package. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about the other perks and inside cabins, so I only know that the UBP isn't available. Not sure about dining/wifi/shore excursions ...

Somebody gave you the wrong info. When I booked Cruise Next Ultimate last week on the Jade, it was Oceanview and higher to get the UBP ... insides would have only gotten the soda package. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about the other perks and inside cabins, so I only know that the UBP isn't available. Not sure about dining/wifi/shore excursions ...

I was not concerned about UBP as much as the 3/4 guests being free. I have a Penthouse Suite booked on Jade for Thanksgiving 2016 and have friends who want to tag along. I also have to add another room for my parents and 2 of our kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am confused. You can only get the promo that is in effect when you sail right? So if they do away with the free UBP in November, then I can't book this on board, correct? So really there is no reason to wait if I already have a future cruise certificate.

I am confused. You can only get the promo that is in effect when you sail right? So if they do away with the free UBP in November, then I can't book this on board, correct? So really there is no reason to wait if I already have a future cruise certificate.

If you already have a fcc, of course you can book under the current promo.

But booking on the ship has nothing to do with the current promo. You buy a fcc and if you already know which ship/date you'll be on next, you can lock that reservation in on board + choose one of the four Cruise Next perks (UBP, UDP, 250 minutes wifi, $75 shorex credit per port) ...

You will not get the online promo, only one of those four perks. Unless they change the Cruise Next Ultimate terms, the UBP will keep being yours if you book Oceanview or higher on the ship.

Here is the link: www.ncl.com/cruisenext

ok.. I hope this helps. I bought two future cruise rewards. Whatever the current promotions are NOW, that is what you CAN get. If you don't have a date in mind, she/he will book you on a fake cruise 4 years out. I truly wanted an inside room next March, and that room gets a soda package. I have no plans for my next cruise and did not care if I got a promotion or not, so I did not have her make a fake reservation.

If you don't know when you want to cruise, they could set you up with a Balcony in 4 years and you could pick the promotion you could get today. You can cancel the future cruise reward ONCE and keep the promotion, if you cancel it twice, you are left with a regular cruise reward and just the regular promotions that are happening at the time you book.

I think the idea is...... Next you there might not be the UBP, or the UDP promotion and if you buy the cruise reward now, you can keep it.

I booked one future cruise on the Gem a few weeks ago. I have four years to use the certificate, but I could only book a cruise that already exists on their calendar. I have April 23, 2017 booked for now. There are no "fake" cruises to book. You have to pick something currently available. I'll be watching for a good deal to change it to next spring.

I booked one future cruise on the Gem a few weeks ago. I have four years to use the certificate, but I could only book a cruise that already exists on their calendar. I have April 23, 2017 booked for now. There are no "fake" cruises to book. You have to pick something currently available. I'll be watching for a good deal to change it to next spring.

I am sorry, I mean a cruise that you may or may not take. It did have to be a real cruise.

Here's a new twist:

My wife and I are placing 3 credits onboard. If two are for us and one for a family member should we mention this during "booking" or transfer it after we get back to the US?

Not sure if you can buy it in someone else's name but it is very simple to transfer to someone.

Still a little confused. I buy a cruisenext ultimate certificate. I book a balcony for a "potential" cruise for 2017 on the Jade and take the dining package. In June of 2016 I decide to book the Breakaway- a balcony- and use the certificate. I can make this one time change and keep the dining package- Correct??

At the time I book the Breakaway NCL is still offering the 4 ultimate packages. May I take a package (for example the beverage package) based on this new booking plus the dining package attached to my certificate?

If NCL is offering on board credit rather than these "ultimate packages" would I be eligible to get the credit along with my dining package?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know my own experience with this promotion. Sailed the Getaway Sept. 12 - 19, 2015. On first day went to Future Cruise desk to book a cruise next for April 2017. First I was told no promotion for oceanview, only balcony or higher. Asked for the AARP rate - told me he can't do it but I could call when I got home and they will adjust price. Asked what the CDN exchange was and he couldn't tell me. I went ahead and booked expecting to clear everything up once home. Called yesterday and they confirmed no promo for oceanview. The price of the cruise went up since I booked and the AARP rate they gave me was more than the rate without it on the 12th. I asked for a supervisor and was told the same thing. Ended up cancelling in frustration. My advice - just buy the certificates and book from home.

Still a little confused. I buy a cruisenext ultimate certificate. I book a balcony for a "potential" cruise for 2017 on the Jade and take the dining package. In June of 2016 I decide to book the Breakaway- a balcony- and use the certificate. I can make this one time change and keep the dining package- Correct??

At the time I book the Breakaway NCL is still offering the 4 ultimate packages. May I take a package (for example the beverage package) based on this new booking plus the dining package attached to my certificate?

If NCL is offering on board credit rather than these "ultimate packages" would I be eligible to get the credit along with my dining package?

The first paragraph is correct. From what i was told 2 weeks ago on Breakaway, no you may not combine the cruise next promo with any current promos ncl may be running at the time with the exception of 3rd 4th passengers free if it is applicable to your sailing. They explained it to me as locking in your perk now because when you go to book next year or next month or next week ncl could be offering different or no promos at all.

I was just on the Dawn, and also looked into both CruiseNext and CruiseNext Ultimate.

My conclusion:

CruiseNext is good, CruiseNext Ultimate is bad.

The details:

CruiseNext is very similar to the old future cruise program on board, where you are basically buying credit toward future NCL cruise fare at a big discount. In the past, you were getting $250 worth of future NCL cruise credit (which can only be spent on booking) for $150.

CruiseNext is even better, as you can do either the same $250 for $150, or get additional benefits if you buy multiples at once. For example, I bought $500 worth of cruise credit for $250. The only restriction is that I can only use $250 at a time, and only one per stateroom. But still, that's a hell of a deal.

CruiseNext is also good because you have 4 years to book, it's FULLY TRANSFERABLE to others, and you CAN use it to pay for NCF/taxes.

So by buying CriuseNext, I am getting a $250 discount on my next cruise where I buy two rooms (or $125 off on my next two 1-room cruises), with very little risk. Why little risk? Because I can always sell these if I decide never to cruise NCL again.

So what about CruiseNext Ultimate?

I have determined it's pointless.

You have to place a deposit on a specific cruise on the spot, and the only "benefit" you get is locking in a promotion. It CANNOT be stacked with further promotions!

The "promotions" you can choose are pretty much the same as NCL's existing promos that are widely available to the public. I'm referring to things like the UDP, UBP, etc. So all you're really doing is locking in a promotion that will probably be offered to you anyway at the time of booking, which means it probably has zero value. Yes, you can always replace your CruiseNext Ultimate promotion if the current one you see is better, but still, the whole thing is pointless.

As already noted, CruiseNext Ultimate is also a huge pain in the butt if you typically book with some kind of discount, such as through CAS or with your AARP membership.

It's just not worth doing.

Stick with CruiseNext.

Edited by pokerpro5