• Vision Class (Your Favourite)
    • Sovereign Class (Your Favourite)
    • Oasis Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Quantum Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Freedom Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Voyager Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Radiance Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Vision Class (Your Least Favourite)
    • Sovereign Class (Your Least Favourite)

Hello,

Having sailed on most of the RCI classes of ships now. I can give an outline of my favourites and least favourites of the RCI classes of ships but I want to know yours. What class do you like most? and What class do you like the least?

Also please vote in the poll.

Thanks

Joe :D

Edited by Joe12

Favorite: Freedom class

Least: Radiance class

To be honest, I've only sailed on 3 classes. We actually had a great time sailing on Brilliance; it's a beautiful ship. Being my least favorite doesn't mean I'd never sail on that class again. I found myself though, missing the familiarity of a ship with a promenade.

Sorry!

It only lets you choose one option so choose your favourite and write a comment below saying why and also saying your least favourite.

You should do this poll over. People will vote before they read your warning.

Edited by marci22

My favorite is Voyager/Freedom class.

My least favorite were Quantum (hated DD and restaurant style dining) and Radiance (had a very boring cruise on Jewel entertainment/activity-wise)

Oasis class was in the middle - loved the entertainment factor, but we had awful dining service and we found the ship to be overwhelming and exhausting to navigate.

(I haven't sailed on Vision or Sovereign, so I omitted those from consideration)

Edited by DonnaK

Radiance (had a very boring cruise on Jewel entertainment/activity-wise)

Your experience on Jewel sounds a lot like my cruise on Serenade. We had a lazy CD who only scheduled one evening show which was too late for us so that was out of the things to do, the ship itself was lovely and classy but lacked a lot of amenities that we had enjoyed on Indy and Explorer and have since enjoyed on Oasis and Allure and while it is a stunning ship, I was asking myself "are we there yet?" on every sea day. I wish I did a week on Serenade and 12 nights on Allure. That way I wouldn't have been bored.

WARNING!- Very long post of my opinions

My favourites are the Oasis Class ships.So much to do, Lots of dining options, so big it never felt crowded (Listening, Serenade??), AL in particular had an excellent WJ etc. If you are taking tweens and teens on a cruise then do the Oasis Class. Did OA last year and was very pleased to get to do AL this year without crossing the Atlantic in a plane :D

Wonderful ships and hope to sail them both soon. They are on my list of considerations for my cruise next summer.

I also enjoyed my cruises on Indy and Explorer. They are a great size, still offer many amenities that I find desirable and I prefer the narrower Royal Promenade on these ships.

Not sailed Quantum Class and don't have a desire to mainly because it lacks many amenities that I find desirable in a cruise ship and that they are only a little bit bigger than the Freedom Class but carry 500 more people hence they must feel crowded.

Radiance Class ships are beautiful ships, very classy and elegant and I love the Glass Elevators. I had a ball on Jewel, It was my first cruise and I didn't know what to expect. However my next Radiance Class cruise was on Serenade 4 years later and having since cruised on Indy and Explorer I was rather underwhelmed and bored. If you have tweens and teens don't even consider these ships. Their options are the clubs or the crowded pool with 500 million other kids :eek:!

Vision Class are my least favourite. They lack in almost all areas of things I want on a cruise ship, are boring and I had poor service on Enchantment. They are basically Radiance Class that are sized down and don't have as much glitz and glam. Don't know about the others but EN had a lot of things squeezed in which made it feel quite cramped.

Not sailed Sovereign Class and with MJ's short itineraries and lack of anything I like on the ships it is unlikely I will sail those ships ever.

The CD can also have an effect on your cruise enjoyment. Dynamic CD's like Joff Eaton and Leigh Xuereb had a great effect on my cruise enjoyment and hence made me come to more shows and they made a great vibe around the ship. Lackluster CD's like John Blair (so full of himself) and Casey Pelter (lazy compared to many others) made me quite bored on their respective ships.

Long post over!

Edited by Joe12

Vision Class are my least favourite. They lack in almost all areas of things I want on a cruise ship, are boring and I had poor service on Enchantment. They are basically Radiance Class that are sized down and don't have as much glitz and glam. Don't know about the others but EN had a lot of things squeezed in which made it feel quite cramped.

The CD can also have an effect on your cruise enjoyment. Dynamic CD's like Joff Eaton and Leigh Xuereb had a great effect on my cruise enjoyment and hence made me come to more shows and they made a great vibe around the ship. Lackluster CD's like John Blair (so full of himself) and Casey Pelter (lazy compared to many others) made me quite bored on their respective ships.

Joe, good attempt at putting 10lbs of stuff in a 5lb bag with your surveys! :)

I and most others don't care about reviews that are many years old. For example, my opinion on Enchantment varies greatly from yours and my experience is now!

CD's do run hot and cold even some we have seen multiple times.

With over 20 ships in the RCI fleet many changing home ports to other countries twice a year; and, frequent crew rotations/holidays we have found experiences will vary based on time let alone ship class.

Joe, good attempt at putting 10lbs of stuff in a 5lb bag with your surveys! :)

I and most others don't care about reviews that are many years old. For example, my opinion on Enchantment varies greatly from yours and my experience is now!

CD's do run hot and cold even some we have seen multiple times.

With over 20 ships in the RCI fleet many changing home ports to other countries twice a year; and, frequent crew rotations/holidays we have found experiences will vary based on time let alone ship class.

Glad you enjoyed Enchantment!

I was just describing what happened in all my cruises as my cruise on the Enchantment was the worst I had been on. Our stateroom attendant always cleaned our room last and we had young kids with us. :eek:

I can't care less who the CD is for OA and AL as they are so big you can ignore them but the two CD's I listed were poor in my opinion and as I had them on smaller ships they were harder to ignore and thus John Blair was always "in your face" and as it was a smaller ship it was easy to see how little Casey Pelter really did.

I suppose I much prefer the larger ships but I have had better service further up.

That's my opinion which I am entitled to and you're entitled to yours. :D