Regal Schedule, spring 2017

boblin

Can anyone end my confusion regarding Regal's schedule in April, 2017?

There is a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Hamburg April 2-17. There is also a Baltic cruise on her from April 30-May11. However, I can't find any reference to what is going on with the ship from April 17- 30th. Is it a private charter? Anyone know? In 2016, there is a seamless b2b, including the transatlantic and the the 1st Baltic cruise, but in 2017, apparently not.

Am I missing something?

I think it is getting some cosmetic work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is highly unlikely since it's a brand new ship! However, she may be doing an additional leg. Hamburg is usually not the last stop on that particular cruise, rather, an embarkation/disembarkation stop before heading for the Baltics.

The suggestion about a drydock in Hamburg makes sense, given the shipbuilding industry there, but I did think the ship was awfully new for that too. The 2 wk period between April 17 and April 30 is coming up empty, tho' and the next cruise I can a reference to is on the 30th, out of Copenhagen .

When you look at her deck plans there are several choices with deck plan before a certain date and then an option for deck plan after a certain date, sorry I don't have dates, going from my poor memory. But something is about to change on her. I think it has to do with Curtis Stone or Whiskey Bar addition to bar by the Crown Grill. May be wrong though!

Thank you all for the information! Sounds like a venue switch out, as some of you suggest, according to deck plans. So I guess that occurs during the pause in service from the 17th to the 30th of April , 2017.

When you look at her deck plans there are several choices with deck plan before a certain date and then an option for deck plan after a certain date, sorry I don't have dates, going from my poor memory. But something is about to change on her. I think it has to do with Curtis Stone or Whiskey Bar addition to bar by the Crown Grill. May be wrong though!

The majority of the time when there are different deck plans based on date it's usually some category changes.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That shows up for most ships when they are pulled up on the website.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Should anyone bother to actually compare the current and future deck plans side-by-side they would discover that the only changes are to cabin categories: some cabins now classified as obstructed view will lose that distinction. There are zero changes to any public areas. Sabatini's is still Sabatini's.

Until Princess issues an official release no one will know which ship will be next to add SHARE beyond the first four. And the annual change in deck plans for each ship is about cabin categories. Period. Time to put this dead horse to bed (or at least merge the two separate threads started today simultaneously beating it).

Edited by fishywood

• 1 year later...

Just sailed on the Regal - They are stopping in dry dock for 2 weeks. They are finishing a midship staircase, getting all new beds and servicing the bottom exterior of the ship which I am told is done on a 2 year basis. Hope that helps.

The Regal was actually launched three years ago so this is the normal time for a first drydock. Two weeks is a little longer than normal but it does appear that they will be completing the passenger accessible stairs from the Promenade deck to Lido deck so no more complaints about that. They will probably also be making the modifications required for Medallion Class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are finishing a midship staircase, getting all new beds and servicing the bottom exterior of the ship which I am told is done on a 2 year basis. Hope that helps.

That would be great if they are getting the new luxury beds while they are in dry dock. I thought the Regal was getting them in April 2018. Did you hear this from the crew?

I hope it's true. We'll be sailing the Regal this October. The beds were comfy in November 2016 but looking forward to trying the luxury bed.

Deck plan changes such as the one you are referring too have been for all the Princess ships and most are just for the reclassification of some cabins, mainly for the new Club Class mini-suites.