NEW bus service from LAX to Long Beach

riffatsea

The Fly Away bus from LAX will now have a regular route to downtown Long Beach where you can switch to the blue bus route or take a taxi to the port.

They have storage for luggage under the bus and it is reasonably priced.

Here is the link:

http://www.lawa.org/FlyAway/default.aspx

ThAnks....but how far and how much for the blue bus to the port for Princess?? Thanks.

San Pedro is a whole different ball game.

Need to take a taxi, shuttle etc.

Going to the link the OP provided the Fly Away bus only goes to downtown Long Beach (northwest corner of 1st St. and Long Beach Blvd. at Shelter A of the Long Beach Transit Gallery) but I didn't see anything about a blue bus route. I know that from the LB Transit Center it's possible to take the Metro Blue line to downturn LA but that doesn't help.

Here is a link to a PDF map of the free bus from the LB Transit Center to the LB Cruise Terminal but I am unaware of any public transportation options from the LB Transit Center to the Port of LA.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=30&routes=Passport&direction=Outbound&day=today&mode=map

The Long Beach Port is part of the Port of LA.

It is true that the free blue bus route is only in Long Beach. San Pedro, where Princess departs, is a whole different story!!

Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

Edited by riffatsea

It is true that the free blue bus route is only in Long Beach. San Pedro, where Princess departs, is a whole different story!!

Not true. Long Beach port is not in Los Angles it is in Long beach.

There are two ports and are controlled by two different cities. Long Beach and Los Angles.

You didn't make that clear.

This thread is jacked up. Someone is going to come along one day and read this mess so let's clean it up.

Let's be clear:

The service linked in post #1 goes to LONG BEACH which is NOT part of Port of Los Angeles or San Pedro. Carnival is the primary cruise line in Long Beach.

The Port of Los Angeles is located in San Pedro. Princess and Norwegian are the primaries at the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro).

If you are going on Princess or Norwegian from San Pedro, then the link in post #1 is NOT for you.

Further clarification.......lots of misinformation on this thread. There are several different lines being confused here.

We've taken public transportation many times to the Dome where Carnival homeports.

The Blue Line is part of the LA Metro system. It ends at the Long Beach Transit center.

The LAX Flyaway bus also stops at the Long Beach Transit center.

Need to take the free Long Beach Passport bus to port. It picks up from around the corner of the LBTC and stops at the Queen Mary parking lot. It's a two minute walk to the Dome.

Need to take the free Long Beach Passport bus to port. It picks up from around the corner of the LBTC and stops at the Queen Mary parking lot. It's a two minute walk to the Dome.

Here's that map again showing the free shuttle bus's route & there's also a link to the schedule and another link to print both of them together.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=30&routes=Passport&direction=Outbound&day=today&mode=map

Per the schedule it's the "Passport" route.

Sometimes when Princess ships are "in-transit" they also show "Los Angeles (Long Beach)" and spend the day at the Carnival Cruise Terminal in LB.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah seems a little confusing and maybe some renaming should take place lol. All I know is I need to get from LAX to San Pedro 2 days before our cruise on a Princess ship. We are staying at Best Western Plus. I know there are shuttles and maybe Uber. Other cheap and easy options??

After cruise we need to go from Princess cruise terminal to the Hyatt Centric in Long Beach. It isn't supposed to be too far. Are there any easy and cheap options?

After a few days at the Hyatt we head back to LAX for a flight home. You guess it....options?? Lol.

Thanks.

Los Angeles (Long Beach)

They do that because people would know where LA is in general but not Long Beach. Also, Long Beach is in Los Angles county.

But again the port of Long Beach and the port Los Angles are two different ports in two different cities.

That like a lot of people think the San Prado is a city when it is an area in the city of Los Angles. Of course many people think that Hollywood is also a city versus an area in Los Angles city.

• 3 weeks later...
The Fly Away bus from LAX will now have a regular route to downtown Long Beach where you can switch to the blue bus route or take a taxi to the port.

They have storage for luggage under the bus and it is reasonably priced.

Here is the link:

http://www.lawa.org/FlyAway/default.aspx

Thank you for that link to LAX FlyAway. We're going to give it a try for our upcoming Princess cruise. The ensuing discussion about transportation had my head spinning, so I cut to the chase and called the Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, which is where we are staying pre-cruise, to get advice about how to make our way to the hotel from the Transit Center and then from the hotel to the port in San Pedro.