Bringing bottled soda onboard?

CeleBrat

I believe the policy is 1 12-pack of soda and 1 case of water per person through carry-on security. They charge $48 for a 12- or 24-pack of water on board. But a $3.59 case of water at Walmartthe night before and carry it on! We do it each cruise since there is a fridge in all staterooms (unlike Carnival - at least the Victory didn't have a fridge in inside staterooms).

Incorrect. No such policy.

I beg to differ... Here's the policy:

https://www.ncl.com/faq#can-i-bring-my-own-water-or-soda-onboard

As I'm carrying on a case of water and soda strapped to the top of my roller bag, everyone looks at me in line and says "how can you do that" and I say "It's in the policy that each guest can take on 1 12-pack of soda and 1 case of water". I guess they took out the limit now, so that's even better!

As I'm carrying on a case of water and soda strapped to the top of my roller bag, everyone looks at me in line and says "how can you do that" and I say "It's in the policy that each guest can take on 1 12-pack of soda and 1 case of water". I guess they took out the limit now, so that's even better!

I had meant incorrect when you said there was a limit. ;)

The policy quoted specifically states that there is no limit. There has never been one to my knowledge.

This is from the NCL website linked to above.

Can I bring my own water or soda onboard?

Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships.

There is no limit the amount of water or soda you bring, as long as it is in sealed containers.

Edited by Mistizoom

The policy quoted specifically states that there is no limit. There has never been one to my knowledge.

3 years ago when getting ready for the Dawn, it did state a limit of 1/1. As always, things change... but it is truly beneficial to bring what you like on the ship and save some $$. You can buy a soda package for $65 or bring on a 24-pack of your favorite soda (even if you're flying in you can get them the night before near the hotel probably) for $7-8. Just a note, the Star only had Pepsi, so if you want a rum and coke, it will be rum and pepsi which some people don't like. I would imagine that NCL probably has a contract with Pepsi on all their ships, but don't quote me on that statement.

So it would be that you are permitted to be your own fork lift and bring as much of those bottled waters and beverages as your

personal hydraulics can manage !

Hint you could easily reduce the about of labor required by checking ahead to see

what ports have a convenience store or Wal*Mart (Puerto Vallarta) near the

dock and just do this carry-on thing in small increments.

But knock yourself out either way.

The water on the ship is just fine - load it up with ice and maybe add a slice

of lemon; lime or orange put a cute little umbrella on it and viola a very inexpensive

drink unlike the NCL large liter bottles with an outrageous price !

Only thing here is to tell your cabin steward to have ice available frequently and

more often.

3 years ago when getting ready for the Dawn, it did state a limit of 1/1. As always, things change... but it is truly beneficial to bring what you like on the ship and save some $$. You can buy a soda package for $65 or bring on a 24-pack of your favorite soda (even if you're flying in you can get them the night before near the hotel probably) for $7-8. Just a note, the Star only had Pepsi, so if you want a rum and coke, it will be rum and pepsi which some people don't like. I would imagine that NCL probably has a contract with Pepsi on all their ships, but don't quote me on that statement.

NCL probably has a contract with Pepsi on all their ships, but don't quote me on that statement

That is true NCL is all inclusive with Pepsi products even the bar fountain dispensed drinks!

So if you want things to go better then you better bring your own Coca Cola or 7Up - Dr. Pepper !

3 years ago when getting ready for the Dawn, it did state a limit of 1/1. As always, things change...

No, even three years ago there was no limit - there has not been a limit anytime since we started cruising in 2009.

Edited by Demonyte

NCL probably has a contract with Pepsi on all their ships, but don't quote me on that statement

That is true NCL is all inclusive with Pepsi products even the bar fountain dispensed drinks!

So if you want things to go better then you better bring your own Coca Cola

or 7Up - Dr. Pepper !