Sharing info/experience - suite request/concierge.

I've seen some questions on here, and I've had some myself, so I thought I'd post our experience.

We are sailing this weekend on the Jewel in suite 10000.

We received a letter from NCL via our travel agent saying to reach out to them 1.855.625.4283 or NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com with special requests, dining reservations, spa appointments, and shore excursions.

I emailed them things that I had seen on here as requestable items that we would enjoy:

- Cagney’s reservation on Thursday 3/30 please change from 5:30pm to 7pm.

- foam topper for the sofa bed

- please empty refrigerator

- keep refrigerator stocked with unsweetened iced tea and 2% milk

- Splenda and cream for the coffee and iced tea

- afternoon snacks: fruit (strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe), cheese, nuts, m&ms, gummi bears, cookies, crunchy roll sushi (not spicy) .... other desserts and sandwiches are fine as well.

I received a nice email back saying they had noted our requests, and that the sushi I could work with my butler on but that it was not complimentary. (Good to know - never requested this as we don't care for it but DD has just picked up an affinity for it and I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.)

They also included a note about other requests we could make:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Jasmine Green

Chamomile Citron

English Breakfast

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

I made our requests and asked for flavored coffee and Chai tea - they said those are not offered.

Also: Please advise me of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team.

The process was easy, and we are looking forward to our sailing this weekend! :D

Have a fabulous time in 10000. We were next door in 10500 a little over a month ago. I think our wonderful concierge, Virginia, is not on board right now, but perhaps you'll have our extraordinary butler, Jane.

Have a great cruise!

is it true you can ask for a bar setup with mixers and alcohol? wishful perking? ;)

Is this an owners suite? I dont think so, Owners suites and above get alcohol, but you can order and pay for it. It is rather expensive. Last time we ordered a bottle it was over 100 dollars. And we never did get the mixers.

Can I add that we have only sailed in suites, and only had the items we requested before sailing in our cabin once. We had to request them again once on board. I hope this does not happen to you.

You have about a 50/50 chance of your requests being done before you arrive in your room. It usually doesn't take long after requesting from your steward or butler what you need done.

Since I am not fond of the "regular" rotation of afternoon snacks, I tell them what I do like. After a few times of getting way too much, I decided to let the butler know in the morning what we'd like (we may have leftovers from previous day) For me, it makes a difference as to if it's a port day, time we will return, and the like. I have asked them to refrigerate on a few occasions.

I leave notes for things we're low on since they do miss things occasionally.

I hope you have a wonderful butler and cruise :-))

I've seen some questions on here, and I've had some myself, so I thought I'd post our experience.

We are sailing this weekend on the Jewel in suite 10000.

We received a letter from NCL via our travel agent saying to reach out to them 1.855.625.4283 or NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com with special requests, dining reservations, spa appointments, and shore excursions.

I emailed them things that I had seen on here as requestable items that we would enjoy:

- Cagney’s reservation on Thursday 3/30 please change from 5:30pm to 7pm.

- foam topper for the sofa bed

- please empty refrigerator

- keep refrigerator stocked with unsweetened iced tea and 2% milk

- Splenda and cream for the coffee and iced tea

- afternoon snacks: fruit (strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe), cheese, nuts, m&ms, gummi bears, cookies, crunchy roll sushi (not spicy) .... other desserts and sandwiches are fine as well.

I received a nice email back saying they had noted our requests, and that the sushi I could work with my butler on but that it was not complimentary. (Good to know - never requested this as we don't care for it but DD has just picked up an affinity for it and I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.)

They also included a note about other requests we could make:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Jasmine Green

Chamomile Citron

English Breakfast

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

I made our requests and asked for flavored coffee and Chai tea - they said those are not offered.

Also: Please advise me of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team.

The process was easy, and we are looking forward to our sailing this weekend! :D

is it true you can ask for a bar setup with mixers and alcohol? wishful perking? ;)

You can do this if you are in an Owner's Suite. 10000 is not an Owner's Suite.

However, 10000 is a wonderful room. It is bigger that most other forward facing balconies because there is a bump-out the follows the contours of the bridge above (gives you a lot more space in the living room). We sailed in 10000 last fall. We also sailed in 9500 on the Jewel to Alaska,,,, the best room on the ship with a 300 sq ft balcony and great viewing spot for whales, dolphin, and glaciers.

The tea selection is a bit odd. Most ships have switched to the new Tea Forte pyramids with multiple flavors (the exact same tea bags sell for $2 at the ship's coffee bar).

We normally don't make requests through the pre-concierge. We wait until we are on board and make sure that our butler and room steward know our preferences. Yeah, it is more work for them on a busy turnaround afternoon, but we can make sure that we get exactly what we want.

Has anyone had luck requesting reading wedges? I've asked for them every time and never received them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny you mention this. That is what I was going to ask. We've asked the last 3 times and no, the elusive wedges have not appeared. I truly don't believe they exist, or if they do, they are on a limited # of ships and in short supply.

As far as other items, YMMV. Our last trip in Dec. actually all was done except the wedge. I have to give them the thumbs-up that time around.

Thank you for this thread. Recalling how all of our requests were met I was reminded to send the pre-cruise concierge an email yesterday thanking him for his part in our wonderful vacation.

dumb question: we had purchased bottled water on board, is it necessary? will my butler keep us in chilled water? i'm really not trying to sound weird, but man, i feel self conscious about saying "my butler."

If you want bottled water, you will need to purchase it. You can keep a pitcher of water in your fridge (or juice or iced coffee if that makes you happy) and your butler will make sure that it topped up regularly.

If you want bottled water, you will need to purchase it. You can keep a pitcher of water in your fridge (or juice or iced coffee if that makes you happy) and your butler will make sure that it topped up regularly.

How about lemonade? My wife drinks a lot of that.

Don

How about lemonade? My wife drinks a lot of that.

Don

Yes lemonade as well. Any complimentary beverage on the ship can be requested at no additional cost. My wife asks for a pitcher of orange juice and a pitcher of cranberry juice to make Caribbean mimosas also using the complimentary sparkling wine with them.

The first couple times we were in a suite it was definitely weird saying "our butler". We felt odd asking them to do things we are capable of doing. We have been fortunate and have had several wonderful butlers that have helped us adjust. My advice, cruise in a suite several more times to get acclimated to having a butler. :D:D:D

Yes lemonade as well. Any complimentary beverage on the ship can be requested at no additional cost. My wife asks for a pitcher of orange juice and a pitcher of cranberry juice to make Caribbean mimosas also using the complimentary sparkling wine with them.

The first couple times we were in a suite it was definitely weird saying "our butler". We felt odd asking them to do things we are capable of doing. We have been fortunate and have had several wonderful butlers that have helped us adjust. My advice, cruise in a suite several more times to get acclimated to having a butler. :D:D:D

fantastic idea! ;)

do you know if gingerale is complimentary? my son loves it. i'll have to ask for some oj, as well. yip!

Our Dawn Precovierage requests were not honored like the type of pillows and emptying of the mini bar. once onboard our snack requests were ignored and the butler just brought the featured snacks. perhaps SJ family Suites get less priority.

Our Dawn Precovierage requests were not honored like the type of pillows and emptying of the mini bar. once onboard our snack requests were ignored and the butler just brought the featured snacks. perhaps SJ family Suites get less priority.

No excuse! Sorry it wasn't better.