Noordam is a beauty!

oldbrat

I will save the reviews for the other folks on our cruise who did partake in more of what the Noordam had to offer. I doubt I can answer anyone's questions as I don't think we are typical cruisers. We did not attend any shows, I can't tell you what the lido pool even looks like, we booked no excursions, and so on.

What I can tell you is the Noordam is a fabulous ship!! I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to book a sailing on her again. Hands down, that was the best staff & crew I ever ran into! They are wonderful!

We did dine in the Pinnacle three times. Very pleasant.

Mostly, we found ourselves at the Ocean Bar chatting with new friends. We met an awful lot of really nice people.

Sorry I can't answer questions but I think AlohaPride will be home soon and she will fill you in better as I don't think there was much she & Keaka didn't do! - Oh, to be that young and energetic again!

Anyway, I really just wanted to post for those who are sailing her soon - you made a wise choice! I hope all of you enjoy her as we did.

PS - We felt she sails very smoothly. - Susan

So glad you had a wonderful cruise. You did the Cruise the way you like it and that is what counts. We do the same as you many times. Have been fortunate to be on so many cruises and have seen all the islands so to us the "Ship" is our vacation.

We sailed with Susie & husband Tony on 12/16.....first I have to say that Susie is a wonderful gal & what a great couple they make....now for the Noordam.....this was our best cruise yet.....the service, the shows, the food, all met our expectations...we didn't find one flaw. It was so easy getting about the ship, the staff were all smiles & ready to help in any way they could. We had ordered breakfast in our cabin & it came on the specified time, hot & delicious.This was our first time on HAL, & after 5 other cruise lines, this is by far the best...we got to meet all the cast members on a back stage tour....that was so cool....the itinerary was wonderful, especially Dominica, what a beautiful island, do not miss the Emerald Pool. To all that will be cruising on this beautiful vessel, I hope you will enjoy her as much as we did. Wishing you all a happy & healthy 2007....& smooth sailing...Lynne

LM...how were the seas sailing from NYC? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

We sailed from NYC on the inaugural (Feb 2006) and the seas weren't bad at all, imo. We've encountered worse every time around Baja Penninsula RT from both LA and San Diego - also fun for us; but not so fun for fellow cruisers - passing Cape Hatteras (3/04) while on the Maasdam!!! We were rocking and rolling - it was a grand time in the Crow's Nest!!!

The Noordam seemed to be a much smoother ride in my opinion. :)

LM...how were the seas sailing from NYC? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

Going out of N.Y.C. was calm.....coming home was a different story, Tuesday we were caught in a storm off of the Carolina's, it was quite rocky....above gale force winds (force 9) both my husband & I each took 2 non drowsy Bonine.....for us, it worked much better then the patch. I'm sensitive to the motion of the ocean, it worked like a charm.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...and asking my MD for a special little 'something' . :rolleyes:

We used Bonine as well, and it worked so well!

DH has really bad motion sickness. He can't even look at a carnival ride really. But he didn't get sick at all on this trip!

We used Bonine as well, and it worked so well!

DH has really bad motion sickness. He can't even look at a carnival ride really. But he didn't get sick at all on this trip!

Have tried Bonine...I think I need something just a bit stronger.:o It's a combination of an overactive immagination and the motion, really. In the end, I have a wonderful time, thank goodness.:p

We enjoyed our Noordam cruise so much, I just booked her again for 12/1/07....11 day this time. I continue to be amazed that the reviews and reactions are so consistant, especially how friendly and efficient the staff is.

I just started a roll call so Bob (Navy_Chief), I may be asking for your advice in organizing a meet & greet etc.

Is there a public laundry room on the Noordam? There is one on the Maasdam and it was convenient for a quick wash during our 11 day a couple of years ago. Thanks in advance for the response.:)

Hi caribbean girl,

No, there isn't a laundry room on the Noordam...unfortunately. We had one on the Caribbean Princess last year and it was wonderful. This is the one thing I'm disappointed about with the Noordam. Apparently this, and maybe others in the Vista class ships, is/are the only one(s) of the fleet that do not have laundry facilities.

A while ago, someone who was on the Noordam posted that, for the length of the cruise, you can sign up for laundry to be done (as often as you need/like) for $75, give or take.

Sheila

"innlady"

Caribbean Girl,

Bonine always works very well for me. However, if you have a problem on board and Bonine isn't strong enough, go to the ship's doctor right away. The doctors on all cruise ships have injections that should clear up any sea sickness.

Archived