Does carnival still offer that satisfaction guarantee??

NYJean

They still have it. You must notify the information desk olf your intentions prior to arrival at the first non US port of call. You must then debark and pay for your own flights back home. You must then send copies of all receipts to Carnival and they will reimburse you within 3o days. They will only pay for the cost of flights back to the port of embarkation, not your home! The cruise reimbursement will be a prorated amount of the unused portion of the cruise fare. You are not entitled to reimbursement for any incidentals such as taxis or hotels after you have left the ship.

Not only will you be responsible for your own flight cost (until reimbursed later), BUT if there are no flights back to the homeport on that date, YOU will be responsible (no reimbursement) for securing and payment of any hotel costs you may incur.

Stay on the ship.:rolleyes:

I would like to hear from someone that used that guarentee too. I would just be curious to hear what could have been so bad that they would go through the hassle. :confused:

And if so.. have you ever known or heard anyone using it/? you know the one where if you are not happy before the first port you can have them fly you back home ??? thanks jean

you would be surprised at what upsets people. We chatted with several people online before our 2002 Pride cruise, then met up with many at a pre-cruise hotel party the night before sailing. One couple had scrimped and saved and planned and dreamed of this, their first cruise, their first vacation without kids for over a year. On our second day, I ran into them and she was crying hysterically. I thought something had happened to one of her children, she was SOBBING and gasping for breath. My heart broke for her, I remembered feeling so horrible at that moment, they had planned for so long. They were talking about packing and figuring out how best to get home. Her husband asked me to sit with her while he went to the purser. Finally she calmed down and was able to talk. The problem - the room steward did not refill their ice bucket or leave them any towel animals.

I kid you not.

WOW! It sounds like the real problem was she forgot to take her meds that morning! :rolleyes:

Can you imagine something so small ruining your $1,ooo+ vacation!

I did love the towel animals though. Thankfully my dad bought the towel animal book for my daughter so we have been enjoying them here at home too! Hopefully I will get better at making them though because she thinks everything I make is an elephant...:( :p

you would be surprised at what upsets people. We chatted with several people online before our 2002 Pride cruise, then met up with many at a pre-cruise hotel party the night before sailing. One couple had scrimped and saved and planned and dreamed of this, their first cruise, their first vacation without kids for over a year. On our second day, I ran into them and she was crying hysterically. I thought something had happened to one of her children, she was SOBBING and gasping for breath. My heart broke for her, I remembered feeling so horrible at that moment, they had planned for so long. They were talking about packing and figuring out how best to get home. Her husband asked me to sit with her while he went to the purser. Finally she calmed down and was able to talk. The problem - the room steward did not refill their ice bucket or leave them any towel animals.

I kid you not.

I kid you not.

You promised you would never tell that story of my wife!:mad: :D

Bill

We had a couple that ate at our table on our Carnival cruise who were never going to cruise again. She especially complained about everything. Not enough ice in her tea, wanted another glass of just ice again and again, more lemon, hated the water on the ship and the food. I cant remember everything, but they were sea sick the last day on top of everything. It was the husband's first and last cruise, not for him.

We liked them believe it or not and enjoyed talking to them, found it sort of amusing though that they hated everything about the cruise. Some people really are that upset with the cruise. Oh yea, they had had late dining which they didn't want, but luckily two other couples originally at our table changed to late, so we had room for them to eat early. Dinner was like 6 pm and they had requested 6:30 pm and somehow that got translatted to late dinner since it was past 6 pm.

Sorry to say I found it amusing. :P

After reading the small print.. it says you must tell them at the first non-US port right?? so if we go on the miracle... the first two stops are puerto rico and st thomas.. so we wouldn't be able to use it until tortola which would be a nightmare to return from..:eek:

so if we go on the miracle... the first two stops are puerto rico and st thomas.. so we wouldn't be able to use it until tortola which would be a nightmare to return from..:eek:

If you go on the Miracle you will not want to get off anyway! I miss her already.....:( :(

We ran into a father and daughter that hated the cruise to Hawaii. They were across the hall from us and complained nonstop about an odor in their cabin. They did get off in Hawaii which is a U.S. port??? We avoided them at all cost because we absolutely loved our cruise! :) Some people complain no matter what.

......it says you must tell them atthe first non-US port right??

No. Actually, the wording is:

"... notify us before arrival at the first port of call - and you must debark at your ship's first non-US port of call." It's kinda like Catch 22.:rolleyes:

Hey, Bill -

everything about you and your family was a pleasure :)

Can't say the same about some of those other folks we met up with, though :(

We decided to try the Radisson again - I heard they've made some changes for the better. I swore I wouldn't after our debacle there the last time, so we'll see what happens next month. Did you decide on a pre-Glory hotel yet?

Hey, Bill -

everything about you and your family was a pleasure :)

Can't say the same about some of those other folks we met up with, though :(

We decided to try the Radisson again - I heard they've made some changes for the better. I swore I wouldn't after our debacle there the last time, so we'll see what happens next month. Did you decide on a pre-Glory hotel yet?

Thanks Bernie.:o

It was too hard of a decision so we switched to the Carnival Liberty from FLL. Probably go for the Embassy Suites there.

So we are doing a lot of cruising on Liberty ships this year. :)

Bill

We had a couple that ate at our table on our Carnival cruise who were never going to cruise again. She especially complained about everything. Not enough ice in her tea, wanted another glass of just ice again and again, more lemon, hated the water on the ship and the food. I cant remember everything, but they were sea sick the last day on top of everything. It was the husband's first and last cruise, not for him.

Those were our friends, can't beleive there is another couple like them. Only ours went on another as they LIKED cruising so much. I think complaining makes some people happy:) Go figure.

After reading the small print.. it says you must tell them at the first non-US port right?? so if we go on the miracle... the first two stops are puerto rico and st thomas.. so we wouldn't be able to use it until tortola which would be a nightmare to return from..:eek:

Yep. Its the Jones Act, (or the Passenger Services Act, or something) which prohibits a foreign-flagged vessel from providing passage from one US port to another. Violation results in a $300 per passenger fine. Carnival ships are registered in the Bahamas, even though the company is HQ'ed in Miami and incorporated in the US.

Paul Noble

Donna

I have bounced back and forth first I had deposit for freedom 4/17 then found out I had to have surgery so went to HAL noordam on 3/31 then found out how much recovery time I would need from surgery so now I am on the Miracle on 5/27!!! GEEEZ I am bound and determined to at least get one cruise in this year!!! Maybe I'll do freedom in the fall :) the thing is ,,, dh doesn't want to cruise!! so I have tried to bribe him with this guarantee if you don't like it you'll be able to get off the ship at San Juan and Carnival will pay for you to fly home... well I am not sure since PR is still U.S. officially ... that means they wouldn't let him use the guarantee until BVI?? I guess I'll have to call CCL but you know how that goes I'll probably get different answers from different reps!!! If any one knows the answer to this quandry I would appreciate it... I just might get my husband on the Miracle with me on 5/27!!!

Donna.. that means they wouldn't let him use the guarantee until BVI?? I guess I'll have to call CCL but you know how that goes I'll probably get different answers from different reps!!! If any one knows the answer to this quandry I would appreciate it... I just might get my husband on the Miracle with me on 5/27!!!

Yes, BVI would be your first non us port. Be prepared to possibly pay for a hotel in BVI if you arent able to book a flight out the same day.

I had to use the vacation guarnetee to take my 1st time cruisin' ultra seasick mom home. I was not unhappy. However, I had to say so, because seasickness is not covered on the guarantee. Mom literally vomited or slept from medication the entire time at sea. Carnival was very kind and did pay for and arrange the flight to Houston. We paid to get back to our car in Galveston. Since they had a really good idea why we were leaving, they even arranged a flight, at our request, for one day later. That way Mom was able to stay at an all inclusive resort in Cozumel for one nt , (at our expensive.) That made her vacation a little better. Carnival did send a prorated refund check to our home as well!!!! My experience has always been that Carnival has awesome customer service!!! Even when your complaining, (sort of.) (I was never upset or rude.)

PS If you are unsure about your sensitivity to sea sickness, I'd ask your dr about a patch to take along for an emergency. That tiny little patch could have possibly saved our trip. Many others said it did for them, but with such horrible weather, there were not enough to go around. I could see them on the cruising black market, lol! They did not offer them at the ship's dr.

Archived