Staying in port overnight?

harmer42

There are several that overnight in Venice, Rome, Athens, St Petersburg to name a few

Depends on the cruiseline ...most are before or after the cruise but some have then during. Ask your TA to check the ones you are interested in

For south pacific (Tahiti), even if you are staying overnight at a port, if tender is require, they usually stop running them around 11pm. But normally in the island, people end their day early and wake early too, so not much night life there.;)

On a Celebrity Constellation trip, we had a whole day and night in Barcelona as the ship was not 'unloaded' until the next morning. We were docked right near town so it was just a short taxi or bus to the foot of the Rambla. Of course, you can also get to the start point a day or two early or stay a day or two after the cruise. I do like to go in a few days early 'just in case' of lost baggage or delayed flights, both of which happened on that cruise. I was glad we went in three days before the cruise!

Many cruises offer overnights in a port or two during the course of the cruise. These tend to be on cruises that sail for longer than say a seven day cruise. We have had many overnights over the years on cruises that were 12 days or longer.

Keith

Hi! I have the pictures from our "Meet and Greet" but didn't know how to post it. Hope you had a wonderful time on the cruise. We loved it! We never did get your email from you and should have called before we left. Our friends here are sure they went to high school with you. We are planning a South Pacific cruise next but I would go back on the Princess in a heartbeat.

I hope that future cruisers going to the med find out that Princess does offer transportation to the hotels at the end of their cruise. (Of course, we didn't find out until after we booked a company for a lot of euros and had no way to cancel.) Did you ever cancel yours? Otherwise, everything was perfect. We did 1/2 private tours and 1/2 Princess. Private is better. You can email us at hedge007@aol.com and I will send you your pictures.

Cheers

Thanks Mary Lou-this sounds like what I was looking for

Harmer: Although we haven't yet cruised on Sea Dream, from what I've read about the cruiseline, I expect it to be wonderful. We are cruising Sept 4 from Istanbul to Rome for 11 days. Ports include: Istanbul (embarkation), Canakkale (Troy), Kusadasi (Ephesus), Santorini, Paros, Sifnos, Athens (overnight), Delphi, Fiskardaro, Taormina, Amalfi (overnight), Capri and Rome (disembarkation).

Sea Dream is a yacht like cruise ship with 110 passengers and no formal nights (country club casual). It is a bit more expensive that the main line cruise ships, but not much more than Oceania etc. What I do like is the hours spent in port. For example, we will be Santornini from 9:30a.m. to 11p.m. For more info go to their web site. And no, I do not work for Sea Dream.

Mary Lou

Look at NCL. The Norwegian Jade next year (and possibly Norwegian Jewel this year) offer itineraries that are in Alexandria Egypt for an overnight, plus an overnight onboard ship in Istanbul ...

Having said that, I have zero idea about the nightlife in either place, but I know there are nightclubs in Istanbul.....

This is the reason we chose the older RCI ship Legend of the Sea over other newer ships for our 08 Italy/Croatia cruise. We overnight in both Venice and Florence. That and the price was far more affordable than smaller or newer ships.

Archived