Would You Pay $1000 for one night cruise?

Just got an invite from AMEX for their elite one nighter on NCL Gem with John Legend & chef Bobby Flay & 2 others with wine from around the globe for wine tasting. SO I phoned Amex on info, and they stated with taxes $978 & it doesn't include air. We are going nowhere just around the Atlantic and the price is ridiculous. I pay that for a balcony on a 13 nt TA in RCCL Hot Deals.

Just got an invite from AMEX for their elite one nighter on NCL Gem with John Legend & chef Bobby Flay & 2 others with wine from around the globe for wine tasting. SO I phoned Amex on info, and they stated with taxes $978 & it doesn't include air. We are going nowhere just around the Atlantic and the price is ridiculous. I pay that for a balcony on a 13 nt TA in RCCL Hot Deals.

My automatic reaction is no but if I think it through when we cruise we usually are in a suite and if you break it down that's about what it costs per night. I've also, for special occasions, spent over $500 a night at nice hotels and then gone to nice dinners and a show so that would come close to that amount too. If you love those chefs and it would be really memorable and have the money to spare go for it. If not you can really get that money to stretch for a really nice longer vacation somewhere else or on another ship.

there was someone on the ship I wanted to see or meet. As sweetspot said i have spent more than that on a night on the town so where the first reaction can be wow - that is a lot - it really is not that bad of a deal. However, I would not go thru the hastle of going thru airport security, flying, getting to the pier and going thru their security for one night.

Kathy

I think you answered your own question.

We got the same offer and we plan on using our money for a longer cruise with a better room.

You also get tix to the John Mayer concert on that ship! I think there are cheaper rooms than $1000. I saw $599 which they said was for 2 people. MY DH LOVES Bobby Flay. We are taking our first cruise on Monday on the Monarch - if DH doesn't get sick (his fear!), I will call Amex about this one. For $1000, I'm not going, but for $600 for a "hotel", dinner and a concert, it isn't such a bad deal. And no kids? Priceless!

Sure I'd go. But only if I was sharing a cabin with Johnny Depp.

At my age Sean Connery is my choice. ;)

But first I better ask my husband. :o

Now I am serious. Never would I spend that much for a 1 night anything. ;)

If you're only on for one night, do you have to put your luggage in the hallway before you unpack?

That is a good one! How does that work?? :D

I don't care who's cooking, I'm not going to pay $1,000 to get Freestyle Dining. :)

Seriously, though, it depends. Definitely not if embarkation was in the afternoon, and disembarkation was early the the morning. If we could get on in the morning and stay until the next evening, and I could get a suite, I might. Where is it leaving from anyway? It would have to be a location where I would want to spend a few extra days.

Is that $978 per person or for two? Even for two that is a steep price. I could spend the night in a nice NY hotel, eat at a very nice restaurant and see a show with excellant talent for that price. ;)

I don't have a clue who Bobby Flay is & the only way I pay $1,000 for a day is if I get to dance with a dolphin but the more intriguing observation is shouldn't this thread be on the NCL forum instead of RCI?

Archived