Cruise Directors Survey

BIG DADDY ONE

Please list the Cruise Director or your favorite, non favorite

When you sailed

Which ship

Cruise Directors strong points and weak points.

What is special about them. They all have that one special aspect to them.

This is not meant to slam any of them, but to give us an idea of what to expect from them.

I know they are all very good or they would not be where they are.

They are only good the first few times you see them.After that they are all the same jokes and the salesman of approved stores for when you are on the islands.How many times do we hear about the 10 stupid questions that they heard the other day.A good CD would have entertainment for not only the newbies but the repeat cruisers as well.Mix it up a bit!

Steve

Greg is an awesome cruise director! :D Hi Greg if you are back from vacation and again reading the boards. I found Greg very friendly, informative, entertaining, etc. etc etc. I knew a lot of what would be happening in the various shows because Marklodi spilled all the beans in his extensive review of the Pride. I still found myself laughing and being entertained even when I knew the answer or end result.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to entertain a full ship week after week after week. How many of us would be able to come up with a new routine each week so that nothing was repeated for passengers from a prior cruise or a cruise on another Carnival ship? I bet the answer would be that none of us could individualize the entertainment for each cruise.

The absolute best ever:

The late Malcolm Kennedy.

Current best:

John Heald.

The Worst Cruise Director Ever (why does he still have a job?):

Jeff (Whassssssup?) Bronnnnnnsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

THE BEST

MARK PRICE -2002 Imagination-He was super funny. He made everyone laugh so hard that you could hardly breathe. He made all of the activities very enjoyable.

THE GOOD

GREG KNEALE- Glory 2003-He was funny, and made all of the the activities enjoyable.

TIM SQUIRE-Imagination 2002 -Assistant CD-He was funny and made a great team with Mark Price. He's super handsome too.

SARAH WALKER- Glory 2003-Social Host-I found her to be funnier than Greg. She has a great sense of humor.

STEVE CASSEL-I loved him. He was so nice, funny, and personable.

THE BAD

Troy Linton-I didn't like him because he kept making fun of Miami people and how they don't speak English well.(not true) He didn't target anyone else.

Personally, I have found all of them to be extremely corney with their jokes and by the end of the cruise, I'm just hoping I don't have to listen to them anymore. My Victory cruise had to have the absolute worst one ever! Shopping toooooers- I still can't get those words out of my head :) I can't remember any of their names, but I can pick them out of a line up!

Sorry guys! I forgot their last names!

BEST; Michael & Jenny on Spirit 02/04. He never made it sound like a "spiel". Would also stop & talk to you whenever he saw you around the ship.

WORST; Josh on Pride 01/03. He never SHUT UP!!! He also thought he was sooooo funny, but he was just annoying. He was so fake.

I only have three Carnival sailings under my belt. On the first two ships the CD's didn't make an impression on me so I can't rate them good or bad. On the Legend in April we had Bret Alans. OMG this guy is awful! I actually felt embarrassed for his staff and avoided anything to do with him for the rest of the cruise.

Hi have to agree - Chris Jefferson is GREAT!!! I met him when he was a social host and he has really come along way. Totally enjoyed Corey Schmidt who was the cruise director when Chris was still a social host

Also love Troy Linton, sailed with him twice and he did a great job!

Anyone know who the cruise director is on the Legend? I am hoping Chris will be when we sail in November!

We just got off the Elation and really liked Risa, though for the life of me I can't remember her last name. I had heard some negative stuff about her, but I found her personable and fun. However, part way through the cruise she became ill and we didn't see her again. Luckily, they had three AWESOME social hosts, and they took over from there.

The best CD I've experienced on any line was Cory Schmidt. He was always out among the passengers and truly seemed to care whether you were having a good time. Very personable. I hope his new career is going well. :)

The absolute worst was Bret Alans on the Legend. He did nothing to enhance my trip, to the point that I avoided any activity where he was likely to be. :(

Beth

Graham Seymour is my personal favorite. He seemed to be everywhere and rubbing elbows with the passengers. From what I understand he used to be with CCL. Can anyone verify? The CD on Nav/Seas was not memorable. Looking forward to our next cruise on Imagination.

Guest Badgercruiser!

Corey S was the best of the 5 i've been on but I also agree that Chris Jefferson was fantastic an the assistant CD on the Conquest.He was better than any of the other CD's. I must say I haven't sailed with John Heald yet.

Graham Seymour is my personal favorite. He seemed to be everywhere and rubbing elbows with the passengers. From what I understand he used to be with CCL. Can anyone verify? The CD on Nav/Seas was not memorable. Looking forward to our next cruise on Imagination.

I have always thought that John Heald was the best. I will be on the Caribbean Princess w/Graham Seymour on 1/8. Over on the Princess boards Graham is worshipped the same way John is here. Has anyone sailed with both? If so how would you rate in comparison. I have asked the same question on the Princess board and did not get a response.

Archived