Cruise Directors Survey

BIG DADDY ONE

Ive had Shaun Bussey twice - the first time I really liked her. The second time her voice got old QUICK. I just fealt like she was pressing too hard.

About Brett who is now on the Legend - he was cool when he was on paradise before the promotion. I wonder what happened? I liked him better than Ms Bussey this last time around. However, I would like to see the girl (the English chick, not sure her name) who was the main social host on the Paradise this past Christmas get a head CD job. She was good. My fiance just informed me her name was TINA. She was good.

Just cruised the SPIRIT with Todd Wittmer. He was O.K., but he totally oversold every shore excursion, every event and every item onboard. My wife liked him (he's handsome-kinda Barry Manilow with a metro-sexual look and a smaller nose) and he's single (which he reminds us of all the time). The ladies find him hot. (Am I just jealous?)
I'm finding that I want to take him and 50 of his closest family and friends and pack them in a bus designed for 40 (with bad air conditioning). Then I'll drive them around town and take them to my brother's jewerly store where the prices are 200% higher than the most reasonable person would pay. I'll promise them drinks and give them watered down Tang without ice. Then I'll arrange for 50 Hari Krishna's to greet them as they crawl out of the bus and try to sell them relioious books or some other thing don't want or need. Every time they retreat to the bus I will have every TV monitor set to play continuous replays of the talent show that I hosted or the shore excursion talk that I gave. Then, I will tell them about the 10 silliest questions ever asked on my bus, saying that some of the questions were actually asked OF ME. And as I read them, I will occasionally feign uncontrollable laughter and hold my sides as I see how much I must be cracking them up. I will then remind them that all purchases made at my brother's jewelry store are absolutely backed unconditionally, 100% by the world's largest BUS Line.
Actually, I'm having fun at Todd's expense. He wasn't bad. I saw too much of him on TV but is that a knock on him or a knock on me for watching that much TV on the cruise? But be prepared for the "company line" and he get's occasionally sappy when talking about loving your fellow man and what a wonderful world it would be if we all got along, a la Rodney King.

A VERY good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your cruise director Todd Wittmer asking everyone to come to the Lido deck so we can all hold hands and sing Cumbayah.......

Any word if Brett Alan will be leaving the Legend when it returns to Ft. Lauderdale soon. I hope so, we sail on her in 31 days! Maybe he will head
home for Thanksgiving and not come back to the Legend.

Still hoping that Chris Jefferson will be on the Legend when we sail.

Someone mentioned Peter (PEETAH) Gibbs, we sailed with him on the Sensation over 6 years ago and he was great. Heard awhile back that he has left Carnival.

Anyone know where AJ is? We had him on the Imagination a few years back and
his wife was the Assistant Purser. Really a super couple and very personable!

Still love Troy Linton. After spending a cruise with him on the Destiny during
9/11, he did such a wonderful job during that time that he will always have a
special place in our hearts. Cruised with him a year after and he was still
the same ole Troy!

Well, we also just got back from the 10/4/04 Hawaii, and siled with Todd Whittmer. Actually we took the same cruise last year, and liked him a lot. He is a bit over-enthusiastic about a lot of things..but he tries. He is really nice when you talk to him, and I really do get the feeling that he really loves his job. I would be happy to cruise with him again!

We spent two weeks diving with Troy, his family and girl friend on Cozumel a few years ago - even went spear fishing for lobster with them. They rented a condo on the island for a month and told us he was a cruise director for Carnival. His grilfriend at the time was an accountant on the same ship. I have some awesome underwater pictures and was hoping that some day we would cruise with Carnival again so we could share them with him. We will be aboard the Pride later this month, but I doubt he will be, as he said at the time he wants to remin in the Caribbean.

Suffice it say, I'm hoping we'll run into him someday. He is such a nice guy as was his family.

My favorite all time cruise director is of course JOHN HEALD ...he makes you laugh from the minute you arrive till the time you leave. He is warm and friendly and makes everyone feel right at home. His wife Heidi is great too, if and when he retires we will miss him terribly.

Next favorite would have been Corey Schmidt (was was Johns assistant for quite some time) but has since left with his bird act to pursue a career in Las Vegas..maybe some of you might run into him there.

Next favorite...Greg Kneale

A favorite assistant cruise director would be Wee Jimmy (Ralph)

Now for the worsts: and there are many, lol

#1. Jeff Bronsoooooooooonnnnnnnnn....I wish i could throw him overboard he's a total dork.

#2. A.J. ....conceited...arrogant just couldn't stand him..and yes his wife is a pursor...never mingled..if I didn't see him at some of the shows I would have thought he left.

#3. Michael Mullane and Jenny...now I see here many people liked him and maybe it was just our trip..but he claimed to be sick for 3 out of 7 of our sailing days...but when he was around he was corny, fake and not very personable..his wife jenny seemed more friendly that he was.

#4. Shawn Bussey...no personality

Cant really compare as we've only been on one cruise , but we had Mark Price on our Glory sailing in June and he was excellent. Kept things moving during the shows and was always pleasant when encountering him somewhere on the ship.

Now , on the other hand , the girl that was the " shopping director " had to be one of the top five annoying people on the planet.

I just sailed on the Legend on 10/26 and Bret Alans is the cruise director. I think you all are being hard on him. I had a fun time regardless of what I was doing. I went to Trivia every morning and had a great time. The Travel and Adventure talk that Bret gave before we actually went to the ports was informative. Was he hysterical- no, not at all, but he was alright. You know, as I have said before- your vacation is what you make of it and whether or not Bret Alans was good or not had no effect on my vacation one way or the other. But to answer the question, yes, he is currently on the Legend.

I have been on a number of cruises on different lines--I had heard mostly bad things about Carnival, but decided to try it since it left from my hometown of New Orleans--I have never been particularly impressed with a cruise director but Corey was great--I rebooked the same cruise this winter and just learned that he left Carnival. I would not have booked if I had known he would not be there. He is a great entertainer and not just a cruise director.

John heald........Glory october23,2004

He was so funny, I can't believe some of it wasn't staged, do you think they bring in people for there shows??instaed of just people on cruise, i can't believe the man is so talented. But he was funny oh yes Go Red Sox

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there, I've been on three cruises when Greg Kneale was the cruise director, twice on the Elation and on the Destiny. He excels at his job, has a quick sense of humour, and yes, is highly visible. Hope to be on the Pride soon and then will get a chance to see Greg again in action! Cheers!

lgplarry, sorry to burst your bubble, but yes they are somewhat staged. Do you think there is a Dick Wooden on every cruise? John Heald is hysterical, his bedtime story is one of the funniest bits I have ever seen. The cruise directors are great, but a couple of cooperative guests make their job much easier. We are on the 12/19 Valor, anyone one who the CD is? I was hoping for John Heald.

Just got back from the Spirit and our family thought Todd Wittmer was great. He and his staff were warm, personable and charming. I had never even noticed the difference a CD could make on a cruise--until this cruise.

We went to several events that he and his staff led. The entire staff was quite engaging.:)

It was the best cruise we've taken.

I don't know what the big deal is about CD's. I would pay extra to have no CD on my cruise. They're like the slick salesmen you see on the home shopping network at 3 a.m. or the drive time DJ on your favorite radio station. You just want him to shut up and play some music. I guess the least annoying for me was Mark Price. He was a great alarm clock. 8 a.m., every day, (insert british accent here) "aaah good morning ladies and gentleman, blah blah shopping talk, blah blah blah bingo, blah blah Atlantis lounge, blah blah hairy chest contest" That was my cue to wake up and start drinking. And while I'm at it, I would also pay extra if the waiters wouldn't do the degrading song and dance every night at dinner. When was the last time you ate at a classy restaurant where, God forbid, someone wore jeans, and in the middle of dinner your waiter sang and danced to "The Ketchup Song" Not quite salsa, get it? (Insert vomit sounds here.)

I strongly agree with Tef43. I was on the Pride last December and after 3 days, I couldn't stand to listen to him. I found it tiring everytime he addressed the passengers, he told us who was not part of the tip pool. Hope I never see him again on any criuse.:mad:

Archived