Cruise Directors Survey

BIG DADDY ONE

Yes, I have sailed with both and find Graham to be the better of the two. Even though he did the same skits that most CD do, he always made them exciting and interesting. And the comment about him walking amongst the passengers is so very true. We would constantly find him out and about mingling and talking, never hesitating for a picture or to speak to someone.

I just got off the boat with John on the Glory and never laid eyes on him except during a show or on the tv. And I hate to say, but by the end of the cruise, we were getting very tired of his jokes. He would start a skit and it seemed like it never ended.

My vote...definitely Graham...

Thanks for your response comparing Graham and John. On the Princess board everyone basically says the same thing as you that Graham can be found all over the ship most of the day. I had John Heald on the Triumph Maiden in 99. He was great at the shows. I laughed until I cried. However, he was rarely seen walking the ship. I figured it was because it was the Triumph's Maiden Voyage and as a result he was very busy helping get the kinks out.

My favorites:

John Heald, Triumph Thanksgiving 2001

Mark Price, Victory May 2003 and Glory May 2004

My least favorites:

Brett Alans (zzzzzzz), Celebration June 1997

CD (can't remember his name) on RCI's Grandeur of the Seas, June 1998 (His idea of "entertainment" consisted of making fun of Carnival and Carnival passengers the entire week.)

Just off Triumph and Mark Price did a GREAT JOB, Especially under some adverse conditions due to Hurricane Jeanne keeping us informed of the ships plans. Also WEEEEEEE jimmy assistant CD. Mark told me WEEEEEE jimmy will probabaly be considered for CD soon.

I have to say Mark Price. He was the CD on our first Carnival cruise on the Imagination. When my husband and I got married this past March on the Glory we were happy to hear he was our CD once again. Great guy!

My favorite CD so far is Corey Schmidt. I know that many of you think I'm biased though. ;)

Greg Kneale was also a great CD. He's an all around good guy!

I have been on 2 cruises with Chris Jefferson as well. I think he'd make a great CD as would Stuart Little. It's good to know that Carnival has so many good people working their way up as it seems all of the legends are leaving.

We really liked Michale Mullane and Gregg Kneale- both are very friendly and approachable.

Never have sailed with J Heald yet, but will I guess, on Nov 13 on the Glry.

Really didnt care for Lenny Halliday- he always looked unkept and gave out wrong info many times(had him 2x as cd). He also isnt very friendly jmho.

I also liked Michael Mullane and his wife, Jeni. Sailed with them twice on the Legend (Nov., 02 and January, 03). They were lots of fun, and we enjoyed spending time with them during the cruise. I've never met the present Legend cruise director, Brett Alans. Since nobody on the board seems to be very impressed with him, I hope there will be a different CD on the ship for my January cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Sensation (Oct 11). I was very impressed with Michael Mullane and wife Jeni. They both were very energetic and did a really great job keeping people involved in the activities. Michael was very interested in our opinions and in improving the cruising experience. I enjoyed Corey Schmidt as well, but the Mullanes seemed more genuine.

My least favorite was Chris Roberts, just not very memoriable.

I hope we have a good one on our March 17th, Sensation cruise.

Sunnye

Another vote for Mark Price. We were on the extend Triumph sailing with Beerman (waving!!) and even though I know it must have been really stressful to be stuck with us for another two days, Mark stayed upbeat in public and didn't give us less than 100%. I actually regret not buying one of the videos from the show from Day 8 because Mark was still giving it his all.

Hi all i was on the Triumph 08/14-08/21. Our CD was Carlo Lombard.. HE WAS AWESOME.... at first he was a little annoying he talked alot but that was the first day..... Then when me and my family went to talot of the stuff he did he was great.. Funny and he remembered my whole family (8 of us) which wasnt diffucult since my dad won the hairy chest contest and my aunt won the musical trivia thing... i will never forget " Everybody say hallo!!!!" " HALLO!!!!" out of my head.. and he was HOT TOO!!!!!! :eek: :p :D

Bret (I think his last name is Alans) on the Legend was awful. We were on there in August and they actually said he was being promoted. I wrote to Carnival to complain. His assistant Brent was awful also. They were down right rude to passengers. And their timing and placement of usually huge events, ex. horse racing being held on the lowest indoor deck on a beautiful seaday, ruined a lot of usually good events. Funny how you don't remember the good ones names as well. We had an excellent CD on RC. He had a Carnival attitude. During The Quest game, ended up with him and a lot of the players standing in their boxers. Some people were "disgusted", he told them it was their right to leave! He was good and a really good one on Victory several years ago.

Our favorite is John Heald. We have cruised with Bret Alans twice and he is boring. We sailed with Troy Linton twice. We found that on the second cruise with him...he was much better...still not our favorite.

We did have a Malcolm for a cd several years ago....can't remember his last name. What ship did Malcolm cd and what happened to him?

[quote name='hstrybuf']On the Legend in April we had Bret Alans. OMG this guy is awful! I actually felt embarrassed for his staff and avoided anything to do with him for the rest of the cruise.[/QUOTE][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy][i]I couldn't agree MORE, hstrybuf. Bret Alans was my CD on the LEGEND several weeks ago. Absolutely horrible. I was embarrassed for him also, as it seemed usually he was the only one that thought something was funny. His staff was pathetic.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]The only other CD I remember was Greg Kneale. I had him for 3 consecutive cruises and although I anticipated some of the routines, I found him very informative, easy to talk to on the ship, and hilariously funny. :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]He did point out to me that 47% of the paxs on his PRIDE cruises are first-time cruisers so the jokes are all new to a large part of the audience. I had never even considered that, especially since a lot of experience cruisers don't go to the "welcome aboard" show. ;) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]I would rank Greg as the best CD I've ever had. I sure hope Kathy is right and Greg stays on for another contract. He is perfect for the west coast audience IMHO. :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

Archived