Barcelona Ports

paulajcrocker

We are Boarding the Prinsendam in Barcelona on Sept. 17th (30 day Holy Land and Black Sea Cruise)

Looking at a map of the Cruise Port, there are a number of terminals and berths.

Can anyone tell me exactly where we will be boarding the Prinsendam?

Thank you.

We are Boarding the Prinsendam in Barcelona on Sept. 17th (30 day Holy Land and Black Sea Cruise)

Looking at a map of the Cruise Port, there are a number of terminals and berths.

Can anyone tell me exactly where we will be boarding the Prinsendam?

Thank you.

99% of the time cruise ships go out of the World Trade Center terminal. That said it's all a pretty close area so it's not like you're going to be far off planning on the World Trade Center and have it be one of the other piers.

99% of the time cruise ships go out of the World Trade Center terminal. That said it's all a pretty close area so it's not like you're going to be far off planning on the World Trade Center and have it be one of the other piers.

That is not the case. Most medium to large ships leave from Moll Adossat across the bridge from the city.

Small ships and very occasionally larger ships leave from the World Trade Centre.

Prinsendam is border line and could be either but most likely Moll Adossat.

It is not necessary to know the terminal. If you get a taxi and tell them the ship name they will know where to take you.

That said it's all a pretty close area so it's not like you're going to be far off planning on the World Trade Center and have it be one of the other piers.

Sorry to disagree. Last April we sailed from Barcelona and didn't have the exact pier name and our taxi spent 1/2 hour driving around the port area looking for the ship. It behooves you know exactly the pier name to give to the taxi driver.

That is not the case. Most medium to large ships leave from Moll Adossat across the bridge from the city.

Small ships and very occasionally larger ships leave from the World Trade Centre.

Prinsendam is border line and could be either but most likely Moll Adossat.

It is not necessary to know the terminal. If you get a taxi and tell them the ship name they will know where to take you.

We have been berthed at both sites on different Prinsendam cruises. It was nice to just walk out of the port, down a long driveway, and be at the base of Las Ramblas. This was a port stop of that cruise, when the cruises started in Barcelona the ship was over the bridge. There is usually a transfer bus from the Columbus statue area to and from the ship if it is located over the bridge. For embarcation, take a cab right to the check in area and be prepared to walk quite a bit from there to the gangway with your hand luggage.

Sorry to disagree. Last April we sailed from Barcelona and didn't have the exact pier name and our taxi spent 1/2 hour driving around the port area looking for the ship. It behooves you know exactly the pier name to give to the taxi driver.

I don't understand how that can happen. At the entrance to the port there are boards showing which ship is docked where.

Did you write down the name of the ship and show it to the taxi driver. If you say the name they may not understand you. For example, if you asked a taxi driver for NCL Jade and pronounced it in English they would not understand you. Was it a Barcelona taxi or a private hire you took on a tour?

Did you just ask for the ship or did you ask for World Trade Centre thinking that most ships depart from there?

The other thing is that, if your ship is at WTC you will be able to see it before you cross the bridge. If it is at Moll Adossat you cross the bridge then all the terminals are in a line. You can see the ships as you drive along past the terminals.

I have sailed from Barcelona more times than I care to remember and have never had a problem.

It is almost impossible to know definitely in advance which terminal you will be at. It is often not decided until the very last minute.

Here is a map of the port area. You can see terminals A, B, C and D lined up in Moll Adossat. S (Sud) is the terminal at the World Trade Centre

9529e041.jpg

I'm with Carol (English in Spain) on this one. We have sailed out of Barcelona several times and the taxi driver always knew where the ship was. We just asked for our ship (didn't have to write it down as both DH and I speak Spanish - me a bit and he bilingual). As in any foreign country where you don't speak the language - it is always a good idea to write down your hotel and address and your ship when using cabs.:)

I was in Barcelona last April, on the Amsterdam (end of the World cruise)and we were docked at moll Adossat. It was much too far to walk to the entrance to the port (45 minutes). There was a shuttle to take you to the entrance of the port. The cost was 3.5 euros per person round trip. The shuttle left us at plaza de colon at the entrance of the port.

Taxis and cars (friends) could come up right to the ship.

Moll Adossat is huge and can receive many ships, it includes many little cruise terminals. It is a new facility so for those of you who have not been there for a while, you would not know about it.

I don't understand how that can happen. At the entrance to the port there are boards showing which ship is docked where.

Did you write down the name of the ship and show it to the taxi driver. If you say the name they may not understand you. For example, if you asked a taxi driver for NCL Jade and pronounced it in English they would not understand you. Was it a Barcelona taxi or a private hire you took on a tour?

Did you just ask for the ship or did you ask for World Trade Centre thinking that most ships depart from there?

The other thing is that, if your ship is at WTC you will be able to see it before you cross the bridge. If it is at Moll Adossat you cross the bridge then all the terminals are in a line. You can see the ships as you drive along past the terminals.

I have sailed from Barcelona more times than I care to remember and have never had a problem.

It is almost impossible to know definitely in advance which terminal you will be at. It is often not decided until the very last minute.

Here is a map of the port area. You can see terminals A, B, C and D lined up in Moll Adossat. S (Sud) is the terminal at the World Trade Centre

9529e041.jpg

We live in Sitges (outside of Barcelona) two months a year and my wife has a native fluency in Spanish as well as a basic knowledge of Catalan. We took the train down from Sitges to Estacion Franca an told the taxi the name of the ship. I, too, was under the mistaken impression that all cruise ships sail from the same area of the port. Maybe it was a novice taxi driver, but he had no idea where the ship was berthed until he finally checked by phone with his office. He didn't charge us extra for the 1/2 hour tour of the port area.

Archived