The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Hi Rich,

Unless you come up with facts you would like to discuss/agree/disagree the conversation does not make sense.

What opinion/fact, about what, where it's posted?

Please be specific.

I will appreciate your speaking to the point.

Otherwise comments like that one above look counterproductive.

Example:

What exactly?

I will be happy to leave more detailed comments on that if you wish.

BTW I am going to make a break - it's time to take a cruise!

After that we'll continue from the point where we stopped - Differences between S-Class ships.

With all due respect.

cruisetrail

Those who don't like the summaries, views, photos, opinions, comparisons, comments, suggestions, photos, videos, and responses to questions should not be reading the thread. I don't get it.

People including myself find your posts very informative. It is information that you provide on your own time that others can access and use for their own individual purpose whether they agree with you or not. They are opinions - that is the purpose of a posting forum.

I just can't understand why people are so critical of postings on this thread and others. The Celebrity board is not different on that front from other cruise line boards. I found it intimidating for a long timme and really held me back from posting and asking questions for fear that my question woud be classified as unworthy of response or redundunt. Is easy to be rude, abrupt, judgemental and critical when the medium is not face to face.

Please let people who ask questions receive answers, whether controversial or contrary to others opinions or views continue.

Is this not what the forum is for? Of course, I stand to be corrected on that.

I found it intimidating for a long time and really held me back from posting and asking questions for fear that my question would be classified as unworthy of response or redundant. Is easy to be rude, abrupt, judgmental and critical when the medium is not face to face.

Please let people who ask questions receive answers, whether controversial or contrary to others opinions or views continue.

I agree but when Cruisetrail posts "For example, I would not cruise on any of the existing Celebrity ships even for free." I guess you believe we are wrong to challenge him on his "opinions" about Solstice class ships.

I agree he is an excellent source of minutiae on S class ships however he often responds in a "rude, abrupt, judgmental and critical" way to those who dare to challenge his opinion.

This thread is not his first run at X, many CC members have been sniped at by him.

His whole screed is intended to discredit X and Solstice class ships.

This is why I find it so humorous that no one takes his disparaging serious but instead ask his opinion on what is the best cabin.

You have to see the humor in it, even funnier that Cruisetrail is so pompous he doesn't!

Edited by baldercash

I agree but when Cruisetrail posts "For example, I would not cruise on any of the existing Celebrity ships even for free." I guess you believe we are wrong to challenge him on his "opinions" about Solstice class ships.

I agree he is an excellent source of minutiae on S class ships however he often responds in a "rude, abrupt, judgmental and critical" way to those who dare to challenge his opinion.

This thread is not his first run at X, many CC members have been sniped at by him.

His whole screed is intended to discredit X and Solstice class ships.

This is why I find it so humorous that no one takes his disparaging serious but instead ask his opinion on what is the best cabin.

You have to see the humor in it, even funnier that Cruisetrail is so pompous he doesn't!

Firstly, readers forgive my spelling errors. So used to spell check that I am forgetting how to spell!

I haven't been reading this forum very long as I have booked my first cruise recently with Celebrity and my cruises in the past have all been with HAL.

I don't pay any attention to any criticism of Celebrity and Solstice class ships by the op on this thread as I really don't care about that. I look at this thread in particular for the vast amount of information/photos/ and all posters positive and negative comments of the cabins of the class of ship. It has helped inform myself, based on my own preference for location on ships in general, to determine what cabin choice I should make for my upcoming cruise cabin selections and I discard comments that have no relevance to me. I will sailing on Solstice soon and have a Summit cruise booked as well and the very thorough and detailed reviews by posters on this forum has helped me immensely in making my decisions. I guess I just wish people were a little kinder to one another - it is a tough enough world we all live in.

Maybe some of the insensitive postings about the recent Carnival event have prompted me to post here this evening.

Those who don't like the summaries, views, photos, opinions, comparisons, comments, suggestions, photos, videos, and responses to questions should not be reading the thread. I don't get it.

People including myself find your posts very informative. It is information that you provide on your own time that others can access and use for their own individual purpose whether they agree with you or not. They are opinions - that is the purpose of a posting forum.

I just can't understand why people are so critical of postings on this thread and others. The Celebrity board is not different on that front from other cruise line boards. I found it intimidating for a long timme and really held me back from posting and asking questions for fear that my question woud be classified as unworthy of response or redundunt. Is easy to be rude, abrupt, judgemental and critical when the medium is not face to face.

Very well said.

The pictures and info have been useful to me.

Cruisetrail, I'm sorry, but the fact that you have the ability, and time & wherewithal to take exterior photos of a ship, & then take the time to look at a deck plan & point out specific rooms on that ship, or others in the same class from those photos, while commendable, does not make you an authority on the plusses & minuses of the location of the staterooms.

But apparently, it does make him a self-titled "travel expert". :rolleyes:

Firstly, readers forgive my spelling errors. So used to spell check that I am forgetting how to spell!

I haven't been reading this forum very long as I have booked my first cruise recently with Celebrity and my cruises in the past have all been with HAL.

I don't pay any attention to any criticism of Celebrity and Solstice class ships by the op on this thread as I really don't care about that. I look at this thread in particular for the vast amount of information/photos/ and all posters positive and negative comments of the cabins of the class of ship. It has helped inform myself, based on my own preference for location on ships in general, to determine what cabin choice I should make for my upcoming cruise cabin selections and I discard comments that have no relevance to me. I will sailing on Solstice soon and have a Summit cruise booked as well and the very thorough and detailed reviews by posters on this forum has helped me immensely in making my decisions. I guess I just wish people were a little kinder to one another - it is a tough enough world we all live in.

Maybe some of the insensitive postings about the recent Carnival event have prompted me to post here this evening.

Well said,

FACT IS FACT

OPINION IS JUST THAT, OPINION

AND

PICTURES SAY A THOUSAND WORDS.

Thank you for your immeasurable photo journal and time spent compiling this thread. Whether you like Celebrity or have other opinions about the Cruise line, we frankly, could honestly care less. The balcony views from your photographs, helped us choose our cabin, and that is all we were interested in. Your photos were of great help to us, provide a constant giddy anticipation and a welcome service to those of us who are capable to judge for ourselves and read thru the muckideemuck.

Our opinions are our own and when we return from our first Celebrity Cruise, we will share them. We humbly ask that (In Our Honest Opinion) the childish, negative and destructive comments of the past few days please cease.

Once again, thank you for your photo journal.

JW and Jerome

I thought 8230 was first off the hump? That's why we changed our cabin when this became available. Thanks, Shirley

According to Celebrity's deck plans for the Solstice published in their 2012/2013 brochure, 8230 is the first off the hump. I guess if it were me, I would do my own research and believe the deck plans published by Celebrity before I would believe the opinion of someone who has never sailed on the Solstice.

I thought 8230 was first off the hump? That's why we changed our cabin when this became available. Thanks, Shirley

Yes, Shirley, your choice is safe.

8230 is now shown first of the hump.

Deck plans are always full of small discrepancies. This one is related to deck 8 only.

Using these photos and keeping an eye on the latest changes you can always tell what is what even if numbers fluctuate.

Minor changes happened before and they will happen in the future.

Enjoy your cruise.

300qyz7.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Hi again cruisetrail! Your great pictures and info helped me change cabins on the Reflection from 6192 to 8183.....wondering if you had a picture of 8183? Thanks!

We are on Reflection in Nov, when you get back stop by the DFW thread and let us know what you thought!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1422670

Silhouette accessible sky suite 2130

fp1owp.jpg

2ldyrux.jpg

just wanted to say that we just returned from our cruise and this was our wonderful cabin (tho that was not our butler :p.) we LOVED this suite and the overhang only made it better. It was never dark, but did offer plenty of shade. It was not like a tunnel but more like a deep awning overhead. We were able to sit on our verandah as little squalls developed and never even feel the spray, let alone get wet. Wind was never an issue even at night when we were sailing very fast. At no point did the sun drive us indoors and it provided almost complete privacy....I say "almost" because cruisetails still has not revealed how he gets these great pictures. ;)

What are your thoughts on Cabin 6270 on Reflection? Also on deck 7 Aft ,y ou do not show Cabin 7319 in the picture? Is there an extra cabin on Reflection on deck 7 Aft ?

6270 on the Silhouette (same location on the Reflection) is one of the worst options:

2jb7jfn.jpg

No. There are no extra cabins on deck 7 aft.

7319 on the Silhouette (same location on the Reflection):

11abqci.jpg

which cabins numbers would you recommend in Aqua Class?

Thanx

Texmex.ferr

Based on the Eclipse, I would look at A2 with exceptions below:

350wait.jpg

I would skip A1.

However,1605, 1610, 1547, 1552 look better than the rest of A1 d/t larger balconies and location.