The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

We just booked Cabin 2149 on the hump slant, is this a good choice. We previously had 2107 and changed because of the cleaning spider in the view.

Looks like the balcony is a larger size and great location on the ship. Let me know if I am correct.

Thanks

Hi, we had the similiar cabin on the Silhouette, cabin 7356 (I think the ship is longer so there's an additional cabin on the port and starboard sides). It was nice having the partially extended balcony for the extra room. Also, because of the angle of the balcony rail, it's easy to look forward in the direction the ship is headed. I didn't find it too dark, it really depends on the angle of the sun.

The cabin is a long walk from the elevators if that's a concern for you. There was also some banging from a service room door located at the end of the hall as the cabin attendants started the morning cabin cleaning.

El aurens......Thankyou for that information. I was just looking at the picture CruiseTrail posted and I thought the balcony looked a little dark. So, between you and Cruisetrail I feel it won't be too dark. Your are right, It all depends on the angle of the sun. I've never been on the Silhouette, but it's on my bucket list. Want to try all the S class ships. Elaine:)

LibraryLady's spreadsheet says Eclipse 1108 is Balcony.

That is correct. 1108 definitely has the bed by balcony configuration. How do you know this? Just look at the deck plans. 1108 is sandwiched in between 1110 and 1102. Those two staterooms have little squares = fold out sofa beds. Those sofa beds are always by the balcony, so the bed is by the bath. Since they alterante bed by bath/balcony/bath, that should tell you that 1108 has the bed by the balcony.

I have been following this thread since you started it and now we are taking our first Celebrity Cruise. Thank you so much for the great photos and insights, and to all the other contributors as well.

My question is this, we are in cabin 8338 on the Reflection, (and I have seen the photo you have on this thread), however, in your opinion, will this cabin and balcony be kind of dark due to the complete overhang?

And, is the bed by the bath or by the balcony.

Thank you to all who can provide some details on our cabin choice.

Here's my dilemma

Reflection 1044 or 9215...

Which would you prefer and why?

1044 is a C2 while 9215 is a 1A. Both have the bed by the balcony, and both have the same size huge balcony.

9215 is in a very convenient location on the ship whereas 1044 is up forward and probably costs more. If you don't need the extra cruise credit, I would go for 9215. Price would also be a factor. I'm assuming your C2 would be much more expensive than the 1A.

1044 is a C2 while 9215 is a 1A. Both have the bed by the balcony, and both have the same size huge balcony.

9215 is in a very convenient location on the ship whereas 1044 is up forward and probably costs more. If you don't need the extra cruise credit, I would go for 9215. Price would also be a factor. I'm assuming your C2 would be much more expensive than the 1A.

Wine-O

Which cabins do you shovel coal ? :D

Price is only $80 difference.

Obviously I rather the benefits of the c2

But wondering if the 1a is a better room

It is $80 total... just redid math.

I don't need the extra cruise point. Already elite. just thinking room for room.

I'm thinking the c2 for the extra amenities. but wondering is the 1a is a better view/balcony

Edited by RCCL Fan

It is $80 total... just redid math.

I don't need the extra cruise point. Already elite. just thinking room for room.

I'm thinking the c2 for the extra amenities. but wondering is the 1a is a better view/balcony

If you are looking for location, 9215 would be the better of the two. We had 9211, right next door, on Eclipse. It's very convenient location to the bank of 8 elevators -- up to the buffet/lawn club, down to the martini bar/dining.

I went ahead and told the TA to go with 1044. Try the amenities of concierge class.

She mentioned 9374 was open too, she says it also has a big balcony, but i haven't heard others sell it up.

9374 is all the way back aft. It has a larger balcony, but nowhere near as large as yours. If you want CC, stick with 1044.

Booked. Thanks for the advice!

I think you made a good choice in selecting CC over 1A. Although the 1A cabins can be excellent bargains, if the price is almost the same, and other things being equal (i.e. the size of the balcony), I would always choose CC over a 1A. The main reason is that CC has the ottomans, which turn the deck chairs into loungers. 1A staterooms have the deck chairs only (no ottomans) and that just isn't as relaxing for us. Some people have been able to get ottomans for 1A cabins, but on the Eclipse on the one time we sailed in a 1A, there just weren't any extra ottomans to be had. We had a great stateroom attendant, and I know he tried to get them for us, but didn't have any luck.

I do like the priority boarding lines, and the priority tenders that you get in Concierge Class. And I really do prefer the Concierge Class expanded breakfast menu. I know others say that you can "write anything in" on the basic menu, but I prefer to know that I'm not trying to ask for something that I'm not actually entitled to.

Also, the extra point may not matter now that you are Elite, but if they bring in an "Elite Plus" loyalty level, you will be glad to have all the points you can get ;).

We have sailed in both AQ1552 and AQ1605 (twice), which have the same orientation as the two cabins you were considering. Both have wonderful balconies (sun by the railing, shade further back, protected from the wind--we experienced no wind curl in either cabin). You won't get any direct sun on the balcony doors, which we prefer as you get no solar gain. Plus, from the balcony railing, you can easily see both forward and aft.

I would happily sail in either stateroom.

You have a great cabin on a wonderful ship. You will have a spectacular cruise!

OMG I think my head is going to explode!!! I just finished looking through all 23 pages of this thread to see if there is a picture of 9243 on Silhouette.

We have to put our deposit down tomorrow and right now we have 9294 on hold - which I found info and pictures on.

9294 is a 1A, we can get 9243 for $100 more per person - it's a C2. I just don't know which one to book, which is why I was hoping for a pic of 9243 to see if that would sway me.

Amazing pics in this thread for sure!!! I love the pics of 9294 - at least I feel comfortable booking that based on the photos I've seen.

If there is a 9243 photo I'd LOVE TO SEE IT!! THANKS!!

OMG I think my head is going to explode!!! I just finished looking through all 23 pages of this thread to see if there is a picture of 9243 on Silhouette.

We have to put our deposit down tomorrow and right now we have 9294 on hold - which I found info and pictures on.

9294 is a 1A, we can get 9243 for $100 more per person - it's a C2. I just don't know which one to book, which is why I was hoping for a pic of 9243 to see if that would sway me.

Amazing pics in this thread for sure!!! I love the pics of 9294 - at least I feel comfortable booking that based on the photos I've seen.

If there is a 9243 photo I'd LOVE TO SEE IT!! THANKS!!

9243 is the same as 9298 but on the opposite side.

Enjoy a better location of 9294 and save $100+ per person (to spend on specialty restaurants, etc.).

2qdxzqa.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

9243 is the same as 9298 but on the opposite side.

Enjoy a better location of 9294 and save $100+ per person (to spend on specialty restaurants, etc.).

2m2j347.jpg

THANKS SOOO VERY MUCH!!! You rock!!! There is nothing I love more than a definitive clear cut answer to a question. A thousand thank yous!!! :D